News Forum - “Test run” at Bangkok airport to prepare for next week’s reopening

Thaiger

Staff at Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport have been gearing up for Thailand’s much-anticipated reopening, conducting a test run of electronic screening measures rolled out ahead of the staged return of tourism to the country. Thailand is poised to open its doors to vaccinated visitors from eligible countries and territories from November 1, allowing quarantine-free entry subject to a number of conditions. As reported by Reuters, airport staff, along with health and immigration officials, ran a simulation of the arrival of a plane full of visitors, putting the screening measures through their paces. Airport general manager Kittipong Kittikachorn said all passengers will […]

The story “Test run” at Bangkok airport to prepare for next week’s reopening as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yep...test run everything...then take the rest of the day off. I'm happy to be incorrect on this, but I really don't think demand will be anything to write home about. I want to go to Phuket, direct. I don't want any stoop in Bangkok.

• Like 1

Yeah a plane full of tourists on the way.1275613763_Screenshot_20211021-163849_PhotoshopExpress.thumb.jpg.0571505e980bbd9b4f73561a369fe2cc.jpg

The powers that be opened the country from November 1st but still haven't got all the hoops in line for the tourists to be aloud entry. Another example of their faultless performance in leading this country into recession...

Is it possible, now, to travel by plane - outside the red dark zones - with only one jab? It took forever for me to be eligible for a shot and my second dose is only scheduled for January. Could I go from Bangkok to Krabi and take the ferry to Koh Phi Phi with only the first shot? If by plane is undoable, could I do it by bus? I hear many unvaccinated people leaving Bangkok to Isaan provinces without any problem. Thanks in advance.

Yep, only in Thailand “open, same same closed, but different”.

unfortunately, this is what happens when the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing and the left hand has completely forgotten there is a right hand at all.

Now known as the most complicated country in the world to visit. Either open or don’t open. It’s that simple. The more complex and complicated you make it, the less tourists that will come.

Tourists need to be attracted. Not dissuaded by complicated processes that don’t work  

No need to practice. An 80% drop in airline slot reservations should be a big enough clue. They have no faith that tourists will flock to Thailand and they don’t want the responsibility being placed upon them. 

How are the vaccination certificates checked upon arrival? In Europe and other countries you can buy fake certificates for 300 euros how naive you have to be to believe that certificates protect us from the covit virus.

14 hours ago, Eduardo said:

Is it possible, now, to travel by plane - outside the red dark zones - with only one jab? It took forever for me to be eligible for a shot and my second dose is only scheduled for January. Could I go from Bangkok to Krabi and take the ferry to Koh Phi Phi with only the first shot? If by plane is undoable, could I do it by bus? I hear many unvaccinated people leaving Bangkok to Isaan provinces without any problem. Thanks in advance.

Not sure about Koh Phi Phi but I went to Koh Chang last weekend there was a checkpoint before the ferry   needed either a negative test or double vac