News Forum - Chinese travel to Thailand may resume late next year

Thaiger

4 minutes ago, Thommo said:

I think you try to differentiate between the CCP and ordinary Chinese citizens, some of who are former colleagues and now friends of mine. Absolutely agree on your other points but to hold the general population accountable for decision/actions by their fascist government is un reasonable in my opinion

If you have ex-colleagues in China, you'll know that apart from the 86m members of the party, there's friends, workmates, relatives etc that represent another 500m in number. So separating people from party isn't that simple. Plus their ratings among the general public are spectacular. 

31 minutes ago, Thommo said:

I think you try to differentiate between the CCP and ordinary Chinese citizens, some of who are former colleagues and now friends of mine. Absolutely agree on your other points but to hold the general population accountable for decision/actions by their fascist government is un reasonable in my opinion

I have some Chinese acquaintances as well from business that are people I like but I have stopped doing business with China entirely as have also had some shady stuff go on with them. My main complaint is the ordinary ones travel in far way too many and in too many large groups swarming around becoming sort of a nuisance and a sore. It is a shame they are like that. Their sheer numbers and buying into and up everything as investing is always overkill and not pleasant. Now the CCP is totally off their hinges and I fully have a sour taste in my mouth and feelings. So as far as I am concerned the few Chinese folk (which is still many) that are here where I am in CM is just about a good mix and blend of every foreigner who is staying here and I am totally fine with these folk as seem ok to me. I’m here for Thailand and Thai not an over kill saturation of Chinese tourists everywhere which makes CM have too many tour busses vans and and over crowded and plainly loses some appeal. There needs to be a middle balance and with these folk their normally isn’t. Not racist just have become not tolerant of their masses and what they do and how they act. 

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

what they do and how they act

You should take a look at TikTok, you may change your mind, certainly some of the ladies on their would qualify for "quality tourist" status. 😉  

4 hours ago, gummy said:

You should take a look at TikTok, you may change your mind, certainly some of the ladies on their would qualify for "quality tourist" status. 😉  

Noted and have already. There are some fabulously beautiful cute Chinese girls and they are in my mind the best part of seeing their tourists in CM. These girls dress up to the sexy hilt that make Thai girls look like plain Janes. I will never disagree with you on that. Let these gals in, no problem. : )

Let's see, China released this virus creating a pandemic and virtually halting all the world's economies, and the Thai Gov't can't wait to cozy up to their billionaires while they give the middle-finger to many of us and are making it virtually impossible to travel to Thailand or even want to stay. Have you seen how Chinese tourists act in Thailand? They have no decency or respect for Thai  culture.

Edited by jmsienz

5 minutes ago, jmsienz said:

Let's see, China released this virus creating a pandemic and virtually halting all the world's economies, and the Thai Gov't can't wait to cozy up to their billionaires while they give the middle-finger to many of us and are making it virtually impossible to travel to Thailand or even want to stay. Have you seen how Chinese tourists act in Thailand? They have no decency or respect for Thai  culture.

All 12.5m of them (2019)??

19 hours ago, Poolie said:

They weren't built in the last two years. They have always been there. How come not so many people went there then?

I guess you never seen the touristnumbers in Europe, Caribic or Americas. Sure people who never traveled outside of Asia dont know that.

Thailand will be "begging" for tourists come early next year. And the Chinese ain't coming, for now, not because there are no flights from China, but because they have to do 2 weeks quarantine in a hotel + 1 week quarantine at home, upon return. (So, parenthetically, about people complaining about the 1-day or 7-day quarantine, things are very relative).

Expect zero quarantine and possibly no ThailandPass/COE by early next year. Cambodia seems to be opening up, and I expect Malaysia also. As soon as they do, the Thai authorities, instantly and magically, find out that tourists are not desperate to get into Thailand.