News Forum - Chinese travel to Thailand may resume late next year

Thaiger

Chinese authorities may let their citizens travel to Thailand again in about one year, according to predictions from the Association of Thai Travel Agents. While China has made the elite list of 46 countries allowed to enter Thailand without quarantine in the Test & Go scheme starting November 1, harsh travel restrictions in China will prohibit Chinese tourists, an important demographic that Thai tourism officials had previously gone all in on before the Covid-19 pandemic. The ATTA president said that over 11 million Chinese tourists visited Thailand before the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic in 2019, accounting for a full […]

The story Chinese travel to Thailand may resume late next year as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

24 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

according to predictions from the Association of Thai Travel Agents.

Tarot cards, crystal ball, or blood of a dead chicken?

• Haha 3

Wow! That’s a significant proportion of the tourism market killed off for almost a year. 

I will sit back now and await the inevitable and justified criticism of the Chinese government for taking such draconian measures and limiting the freedom of their people….

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, YesNoMaybe said:

Haha, so long thai tourism industry

Yer cactus.... now they will let the pommy drunks roll in .the only nation on planet that loves telling the world there open while walking over the dead daily .

the sun never sets on the English empire 

how the mighty fell into a heap of mud 

ohhhhh well Harry and sparkle will save the empire 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I think you mean “escape” 😉

You don't think it could have been intentional do you? 🤔 Surely they wouldn't have just tried it only once...

What did you say?

SARS? Ah...

Yes, "escape".

images (58).jpeg

• Haha 3

The CCP has realised it's vaccines aren't that good...so keep everyone home for a year. It would be pretty embarrassing turn of events, if the virus that started there, returned in a mutated form to cause China widespread infections with no vaccine to combat it. I guess Thailand needs to turn to Europe, America and Australasia for tourists.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

The CCP has realised it's vaccines aren't that good...so keep everyone home for a year. It would be pretty embarrassing turn of events, if the virus that started there, returned in a mutated form to cause China widespread infections with no vaccine to combat it. I guess Thailand needs to turn to Europe, America and Australasia for tourists.

Yes interesting point there @Jason 

Give em a few more months and they will have hacked in to the IT systems at AZ or Pfizer and you will be able to buy the Chinavax on eBay or Wish for only $2 including free P&P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Hi Jason, China now has their own mRNA vaccine and they didn't just use only Sinovac before either. The main reasons for their strict controls are their many cities with millions of inhabitants. A small outbreak very quickly escalates. That's why they lockdown entire cities when only a handful off positives are found.

And that's why they don't allow mass travel, as everyone knows the consequences.

We may disagree with their system, but they understand containment and prevention and do so effectively. People cooperate as they will actually face consequences because there is enforcement, unlike in many other countries, where the individual thinks themself more important than the community.

Had Songkran not been botched here, and the occasional police officer would talk to people gathering in groups without masks instead of playing with their phone or accepting a brown envelope to turn a blind eye, we hadn't been in the current mess either.

Opening up too early is likely to cause further trouble. But the government is intent on taking the risk. If through some miracle the damage is limited, they will take the credit. And if it fails, they will find someone else to blame.

21 minutes ago, Randalltexcobb said:

Yer cactus.... now they will let the pommy drunks roll in .the only nation on planet that loves telling the world there open while walking over the dead daily .

the sun never sets on the English empire 

how the mighty fell into a heap of mud 

ohhhhh well Harry and sparkle will save the empire 

I guess from your bitter comments you are not English? Good of you to speak my language however. Although thinking about it. Isn’t that Cultural Appropriation?  Yes it is. So stop it 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

The main reasons for their strict controls are their many cities with millions of inhabitants. A small outbreak very quickly escalates. That's why they lockdown entire cities when only a handful off positives are found.

Yes good point also @Bob20  it’s one of the many reasons why the U.K. has been so heavily hit. As you will know, there are many large cities and towns in the U.K. where a small outbreak rapidly becomes a major cluster. It’s also an example of why it’s difficult to compare one country to another in terms of containment. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

And if it fails, they will find someone else to blame.

Correct. The blame will be placed on the dirty Farang or the Thai people. When the government announced the opening there was a comment which basically said - If people are sensible and follow guidelines, it is safe to open the country - Any failure will simply be placed on people not being sensible and not following guidelines. 

• Like 1

Ohhh why so soon. I wouldn't mind if the CCP extended their no travel ban for the next 20 years until they can become a different honorable nice country without ill intentions of take over. I don't think a country that a deadly virus was born and came from or one that builds island and tries to take over a huge sea and control other countries should be rewarded.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Wow! That’s a significant proportion of the tourism market killed off for almost a year. 

I will sit back now and await the inevitable and justified criticism of the Chinese government for taking such draconian measures and limiting the freedom of their people….

More amusing will be the spin that TAT will put on this.

1 hour ago, gummy said:

More amusing will be the spin that TAT will put on this.

I think it will go something like this:

“We know that many thousands of Chinese visitors will miss Thailand and waiting to come as soon as possible.  We have instructed our offices in China to host “Love Love Thailand long time and Forever” days to help with their feelings. We feel that attendees at these events are just as if they are visiting and we will count them in tourist numbers.  We anticipate many Chinese will save their money and have said they will spend twice what they normally spend when they do come in Q2 or maybe Q3 or possibly Q4 of 2022.”

• Haha 2

Thailand to China is like and ugly gurl and a handsome lad situation.

Thailand all looking sexy(as she thinks) askin China to come up for "coffee". Tellin China shes gonna order some pizza and shit. 

And China still went home! Haha! What a chud!

PS And all this time India, Turkey and Russia walking around her house with them dicks hangin. Nah! Thailand loves only China)))

This timeline has been suspected for several months now. The reason is simple, the Olympics this February and the National Congress meeting in October of 2022. Between those two events, the Chinese don’t want a big outbreak to spoil them. Much easier to just shut down international tourism until then. Keep the spending home is a side benefit. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

This timeline has been suspected for several months now. The reason is simple, the Olympics this February and the National Congress meeting in October of 2022. Between those two events, the Chinese don’t want a big outbreak to spoil them. Much easier to just shut down international tourism until then. Keep the spending home is a side benefit. 

Olympics yes, spot on. Right around Chinese New Year. Not so much the National Congress.

52 minutes ago, Saunk said:

It's over for Thailand tourism, tourists have seen all the other bright amazing options around the globe.😀

They weren't built in the last two years. They have always been there. How come not so many people went there then?

5 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Ohhh why so soon. I wouldn't mind if the CCP extended their no travel ban for the next 20 years until they can become a different honorable nice country without ill intentions of take over. I don't think a country that a deadly virus was born and came from or one that builds island and tries to take over a huge sea and control other countries should be rewarded.

I think you try to differentiate between the CCP and ordinary Chinese citizens, some of who are former colleagues and now friends of mine. Absolutely agree on your other points but to hold the general population accountable for decision/actions by their fascist government is un reasonable in my opinion