News Forum - Entry requirements for international arrivals starting November 1

Thaiger

6 minutes ago, stapoz said:

What if the test in Thailand is positive? (can catch the virus while traveling) Will they take me to a hospital for a few weeks? Even if I don't have any symptoms? And will I stay in the hospital instead enjoying my holiday???

Yes, yes and yes for 10 days.

6 minutes ago, stapoz said:

Thanks, I'd rather spend my vacation elsewhere.

And if you test positive elsewhere the answers will be the same, yes, yes, and yes for 10 days.

1 hour ago, Sgtsabai said:

Forgot to add, I do not own a smart phone, wink, wink. So what happens there?

There was some info in regards to the Phuket Sandbox, that people who don’t have a smartphone would get some sort of tracking device.

15 minutes ago, rene said:

what about babies/young children traveling with there parent, does they need to undergo a PCR test on arrival?

Children under 12 do not have to be vaccinated but must have the PCR tests the same as everyone else.

Children under 2 cannot do PCR tests.  The Phuket Sandbox previously had explicit language that they were exempt.  I am also interested regarding this.  We may have to wait until Nov 1 to find out definitively.

On 10/28/2021 at 12:10 PM, SaMos75 said:

You are relaying to the AQ-Entry and not to the quarantine exemption.
But for those who can enter without quarantine, what's correct? Need to provide proof of  Paid SHA+ or AQ hotel reservation (including fee for RT-PCR test) OR just proof of hotel reservation and take RT-PCR Covid-19 test   -   At the airport ... Neither the embassies know precisely

For those allowed to enter without quarantine, book and pay a SHA+ for at least one night. After receiving your money the hotel will ask full name (like in passport) and nationality. Then thet will mail you a SHABA certificate. With the SHABA certificate, you can ask (and pay) http://www.thailandpsas.com/ for a swab test on the airport.  Then you have to take a SHA+ certified taxi to your hotel.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SaMos75 said:

Where did you get the information from, that a test will be made at the airport?

There is no information about it on https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/

try using websites from Thai Embassies or Consulates.
https://www.thaiembassy.be/2020/07/09/info-for-non-thai-nationals-traveling-to-thailand/?lang=en
This one still marks COE but will certainly change after 1 November

My information of tests at the airport comes from a friend who went to Phuket in July and got his test at the airport and was just today confirmed by a hotel I booked

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Faz said:

'm sure if they said wait at the airport for your PCR test results before going elsewhere someone would complain about that as well.

As if  there was an option....id wait, and if others preferred a $$$ hotel the thais will gladly oblige..either way it seems no go without prebooking aka pay the bribe

I have been traveling back and forth between thailand and taiwan this year on business I stay thailand on long term status, as some requesting clarification whether same requirements  whether tourist or regular, yes it is same, but obviously without the visa application step, it’s ironic that taiwan as far as I understand isn’t on the Thai green list, when the Taiwanese have managed this crisis impeccably, in the few days leading up to my departure I understand there were zero positive cases in Taiwan, 

On 10/28/2021 at 12:11 PM, Tunafish said:

Good morning,

there are so many current articles around listing the latest requirements for tourists entering Thailand.

Great, but (I imagine) the majority of people regularly reading Thaiger are expats already living here with some sort of residency visa, and many of us have been bottled up here for nearly 2 years and would love to  have a holiday. But how do WE get back into Thailand? Are the rules the same as for tourists?

Specific information would be most appreciated.

10 hours ago, Jonny said:

I have been traveling back and forth between thailand and taiwan this year on business I stay thailand on long term status, as some requesting clarification whether same requirements  whether tourist or regular, yes it is same, but obviously without the visa application step, it’s ironic that taiwan as far as I understand isn’t on the Thai green list, when the Taiwanese have managed this crisis impeccably, in the few days leading up to my departure I understand there were zero positive cases in Taiwan, 

Almost right.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/4328070

On 10/28/2021 at 9:26 AM, Soidog said:

That’s a great question and one I’m grappling with. I’m looking to come in on a 60 day tourist visa but aim to stay at least 90 days by extending the 60 day visa. I’m concerned however that if I book a return flight with a duration of say 89 days, or any length longer than the 60 days for which I’m applying for the visa and/or the Thailand pass, it will be rejected. Perhaps a wise chap like @Faz can assist? I think we have discussed this before Faz and one way around it is to book a cheap one way out to Cambodia or Malaysia within the visa window and simply not use it. However, do we know if the visa and/or Thailand Pass would be rejected.  I’m not sure there’s a definitive answer to this? 

Your ticket does not have to be back to your point of origin,it just needs to be onward to a country you can enter visa on arrival or you have a visa for.

Few ways round it.

1/by a more expensive return ticket to start that allows you to date change free and move it to suit.

2/fair few reliable companies online that will do you legitimate e tickets in your name back to point of origin or any place else for about 15 USD.

They book full fare tickets in the us that are 100 percent refundable and cancel them before you can use them but after departure.

In the unlikely event check in staff look further they will come up as legitimate on the sabre network because they are.

That is the peffered method of digital nomads.

3/buy cheapest loco ticket that you can enter visa on arrival and bin it later.

Singapore, Malaysia and Cambodia are the regional best normally but at the moment might not work.

4/forge an e-ticket, pretty easy to do,just go through all the booking but omit to pay and print it.i can not recommend this course of action but in normal times it may be enough.

5/if you talk to the check in supervisor and convince them you are genuine they do have disclaimer forms available but they are pretty loathed to hand them out.

6/worst case scenario buy a full fare ticket back to point of origin at the airport on the same airline and get a 100 percent refund when you arrive at the airport office in Bangkok.

If you have to take the last course of action be polite and smile,you will have chatted with the check in supervisor by now and they will arrange the refund on your arrival with no admin fee that way.

If you are a member of the airlines loyalty program that will go a long way also.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2021 at 3:46 PM, NidNoi said:

So if I understand well, once the PCR test is done at the airport and your SAH hotel is downtown Bangkok, a driver is taking you directly to your hotel and somebody from the hotel staff is checking on you making sure you stay in your room until you get the results the next day? Who is getting your luggages at the carousel so you don’t mingle with other passengers arriving from other flights or is the test done just before leaving the airport terminal?

My thoughts exactly. You will be mixing with people about the airport and pick up area outside. Unless you whisked away in the terminal area pretty pointless. So many details unclear at this point. Glad booked mid-January and pray they abandon the stupid test on arrival and forced SAH hotel for the night

47 minutes ago, Big_Lebrewski said:

So many details unclear at this point. Glad booked mid-January and pray they abandon the stupid test on arrival and forced SAH hotel for the night

By mid January they could have a further wave of Covid infections - further lockdowns.

• Like 1

AQ versus SHA+?

What is the difference between these two types of accommodation for visitors to Thailand?

What are the pros and cons of each category? Is it optional which type one spends the mandatory one night in? Why isn't this posted on some authoritative site in a logical manner for utility? Otherwise it is the blind leading the blind.

The purpose of this enquiry is simply to be able to make an informed decision of where to book. But already I am confused.  And I have barely gotten started in the 6 matters to sort out before I land. A glossary would help!

Frankly, I am not interested in the history of what type of hotel became what when. Or even in specific reviews of htels. This is a practical general enquiry about definition of terms in the context of 'so, which?' Which would you book if coming to Thailand as a vaccinated tourist with a PCR test result before you got on the plane and willing to do another one once you land? 

In brief: where do you stay (I mean in general)?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hermes said:

Which would you book if coming to Thailand as a vaccinated tourist with a PCR test result before you got on the plane and willing to do another one once you land? 

Depends where you'll land.
Phuket you'll find many more SHA+ hotels.
Bangkok you'll probably find more AQ hotels.

I am planning a touristic trip to Thailand this upcoming December, 2021, and I would like to ask for some clarification regarding one of the requirements to enter the country: "must reside in the eligible countries for at least 21 consecutive days". 

Does it mean "having stayed in only 1 eligible country for 21 days", or could it be more than 1 country within the list? Could I enter Thailand after having visited several eligible countries, for example 1 month in Portugal, and a week in Italy (both within the list of eligible countries?

8 hours ago, Missff said:
I am planning a touristic trip to Thailand this upcoming December, 2021, and I would like to ask for some clarification regarding one of the requirements to enter the country: "must reside in the eligible countries for at least 21 consecutive days". 

Does it mean "having stayed in only 1 eligible country for 21 days", or could it be more than 1 country within the list? Could I enter Thailand after having visited several eligible countries, for example 1 month in Portugal, and a week in Italy (both within the list of eligible countries?

It can be more than one Country.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone entered using a Covid Recovery letter?

im double vaxed but still managed to get covid in the uk. All better but my PCR could be positive for up to 3 months. Doesn't mean I've got the virus. Quite the opposite. I can get a recovery letter privately (at great expense)and also the NHS Covid pass, but has anyone actually done this? Also whats  the point in a pre departure PCR, arrival PCR and SHA+ for a day waiting for a known positive test as a consequence of recovered covid infection. Thai Consulate UK website mentions this but its as clear as mud. 
I would love to hear if anyone has been through this before the cart me off to ASQ 

oh and obviously still waiting for a new TP!!

• Like 1

Entered Phuket on 17  November. Check from all the papers on Frankfurt airport.

In Phuket check from PCR test and hotel booking by immigration. Then PCR test outside airport and to hotel. 41/2 hours later negative result. Stayed 2 nights in hotel with seaview room and terrace, and now in my rented house in Kathu (Loch Palm Golf). Restaurants open in Kathu, I didn’t try to go Patong or elsewhere

• Like 1