News Forum - Entry requirements for international arrivals starting November 1

Thaiger

11 minutes ago, FatButFast said:

Sorry SaMos75, I didn't understand. I thought that the same plane to Thailand can be filled with persons from all these three groups?

That's correct. Both fully vaccinated and unvaccinated could share the same flight.
Hence all travellers must provide a 'negative' PCR test result issued within 72 hours of boarding.

The PCR tests on arrival are to ensure as far as practical you haven't contracted Covid since the first test before departure, which could be a period of up to 4 days from first to second test, before being allowed to go anywhere in Thailand.

Good morning. Like may who have posted here, I too am aggravated by the constant flip flop of plans schemes and such. I have been trying for several months now to secure information. Now that there will be no quarantine for fully vaccinated persons, information is still so scant, that it seriously pisses me off again. 

I have a planned business trip to Thailand scheduled for end of march 2022. It was scheduled for end of September 2021 but we all know what happened. I will need to come to Thailand for three days then go off to Dubai for a week, then Paris for two weeks. I want to return to Thailand (total time in safe listed countries is 18 days total. What does the exemption listed on the chart mean? Can Thai citizens return before 21 days if the stay in safe listed countries? Can foreigners do the same?  Anyone have the answer?

thanks for your attention.

Dr, Kenneth Orford

Canada

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SaMos75 said:

This is very contradictory. The requirements should be clear for all. Very confusing...

Clear to me.
Are you vaccinated or unvaccinated, from an exempt quarantine Country or not.
That defines which one of the 3 categories of entry to follow.

• Like 1

I don’t see the hassle for quarantine exempt countries. The Covid test can be done at the airport. Health insurance is always a good idea when travelling abroad. The one night in an approved quarantine hotel is no big deal and international vaccine travel passes are about to come online, which should also streamline the process of flying again. I have heard that Suvarnabhumi airport have upgraded their technology at arrival which should also reduce the pain of travel.

• Like 1

From November 1st, 12 to 15 year old's cannot travel without 10 days quarantine even when travelling fully vaccinated parents unless they have 2 doses of Vaccine as well? That's different from current Sandbox (Up to October 31st) that allows unvaccinated children up to 18 years old, travelling with fully vaccinated parents, freedom in a sandbox location after negative PCR test and them compete freedom everywhere after another PCR test at 7 days. So a step backwards for families!

That excludes any families travelling from UK with 12 to 15 year old children and many other countries as well because they are not offered a second jab.

My daughter is a dual Thai/UK national and pre covid we would travel as a family 3 times per year (School holidays at Christmas, Easter and during August). Apart from August when we can travel for a month (Subject to my work), we only have e 2 week periods of travel due to school holidays so 10 days quarantine is a not an option (Wouldn't do it even if we had a month's holiday). We would always stay in quality hotels and pay for extra rooms for my wife's family as well in various resorts around Thailand.  We would spend like holiday makers because a holiday is to be enjoyed and not to worry about expenditure.

All I hear is that Thailand want to encourage families and a so called better class of travellers. Yet they have made it very difficult for families with older children to travel for a holiday.

We can only hope that our daughter is offered the second Vaccine (Even though evidence says that 1 Vaccine is enough for healthy children), we all know that being vaccinated doesn't stop anyone catching or spreading Covid, it just helps prevent serious illness especially for certain ages and people with certain conditions. Otherwise, maybe Thailand will tweak their restriction for 12 to year olds travelling with fully vaccinated parents? But I doubt it will happen quick enough to save our trip this Christmas and New year so we will have to cancel and look elsewhere. We have friends who are in the same situation and it's so sad that families are being kept apart because the world seems to think that Covid will go away as some point, when clearly it's here forever and we all need to learn to live with it.

1 hour ago, Faz said:

The Covid Insurance must cover the period of stay granted on entry.

If your current extension was valid until Aug 2022, you exit next month, returning December, then the cover would need to cover from your entry in December to the August date stamped on your extension, which will be the same date on your re-entry permit. (8 months).

Faz, now I live in Thailand without a Covid insurance, like I said I do have a normal Thai Generali health insurance, but they don’t cover specific Covid 19, then I leave the coutry for 3 weeks and when I return, I need an additional expensive Covid insurance converted till my extension ends next year, for the entire period? WTF🤔

7 minutes ago, Rudi said:

Faz, now I live in Thailand without a Covid insurance, like I said I do have a normal Thai Generali health insurance, but they don’t cover specific Covid 19, then I leave the coutry for 3 weeks and when I return, I need an additional expensive Covid insurance converted till my extension ends next year, for the entire period? WTF🤔

I understood that Rudi.
The Covid Insurance requirement applies to all foreigners entering Thailand.

It's currently for $100,000 USD, but reducing to $50,000 USD from Nov 1st.
Quotes should reduce from that date.

5 hours ago, Faz said:

Clear to me.
Are you vaccinated or unvaccinated, from an exempt quarantine Country or not.
That defines which one of the 3 categories of entry to follow.

It‘s not about the categories, but the testing. That’s clear. I‘m also fine with the test max. 72 hrs. prior to departure.
If one can get tested at the airport, then there is no sense in booking of the hotel with test paid (to the hotel), as you will not be tested at the hotel. Just pay the hotel for the collection from the airport and the one night stay and wait until you get the results. In such case there‘s no reason to provide a proof of hotel booking with test paid, before applying for the TP.

10 hours ago, SaMos75 said:

This is very contradictory. The requirements should be clear for all. Very confusing...

You must be new to thailand and its ways....

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Faz said:

If your entering Visa exempt, then it's the airline that insist on a return ticket within 30 days.
This is because if you are refused entry, you have a pre paid return ticket.

For a Tourist Visa (60 days) having been previously screened by a Thai Embassy to obtain a TV, the risk of being refused entry is greatly reduced having already proved you meet the conditions and airlines don't normal require to see a return ticket within 60 days.

Thai Embassies may vary with the requirement to issue a TV on return flight tickets.
Consult your Embassy first if unsure, they are well aware you can apply for 30 day extensions.

Currently many airlines are offering 'free' changes to flights. You can therefore book a 30 or 60 day return flight and once in Thailand change the return date to 60 or 90 days.

Side note Ive been coming to LOS yearly since 2008 with NO visa and ONE way.....so about a dozen times

Maybe 1-2 times I was asked about wheres my VISA as i have ONE way.....never been an issue apart from some debating and once a supervisors approval....I always take only a carry on and say im traveling around and am leaving after the 30 days stamp on arrival.......so just to confirm it has worked for me this way, BUT Im not saying it will for you.......as Im aware of the risk..there are also sites where u can buy throwaway tixs...

33 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Stop saying no quarantine when it clearly  isn't, even 1 day staying in an SHA hotel is quarantine. 

You have to wait for the results of your PCR test taken on arrival at the airport before being allowed to mix with the local community - hence booking one night in a hotel.

I'm sure if they said wait at the airport for your PCR test results before going elsewhere someone would complain about that as well.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Dr.Sivada said:

I wonder if there is need for confirmation of flight for applying for Thailand pass. I don’t see it in the diagram in this article. 

Exactly. Also why getting a visa (as required in Step One) if you are denied the Pass? How to book your hotel without your date of arrival and what about getting your insurance with your airline ticket if you don’t buy your ticket before step 2? Then you have no proof of insurance.

In conclusion you pay everything (visa, hotel + tests, airline ticket, insurance) before getting approved to get your pass of your approval. If you are denied entry for any reason you spend the next few years trying to get refunds while being 10,000 km away.

I won’t fall for this diktat. A  friend’s house on Elbow Cay in the Abacos will be my favourite destination this winter. Home of the best Goombay Smash made with Bacardi 151 (75.5% alcohol).

Thailand Pass will open for registration on 1 November 2021 at 09.00 hrs. We recommend you to register for Thailand's new electronic entry document (Thailand Pass QR code) at least 7 days prior to your travel date. For travellers who have been granted COE (Certificate of Entry) and will arrive in Thailand from 1 November 2021 onwards, the COE remains valid for entering Thailand. Travellers can update the approved COE with the revised terms and condition of stay complying with new entry regulations by downloading the new COE at the registration website (coethailand.mfa.go.th) or the link from your COE approval notification email.

ประกาศ / Announcement (consular.go.th)

1 hour ago, Faz said:

You have to wait for the results of your PCR test taken on arrival at the airport before being allowed to mix with the local community - hence booking one night in a hotel.

I'm sure if they said wait at the airport for your PCR test results before going elsewhere someone would complain about that as well.

So if I understand well, once the PCR test is done at the airport and your SAH hotel is downtown Bangkok, a driver is taking you directly to your hotel and somebody from the hotel staff is checking on you making sure you stay in your room until you get the results the next day? Who is getting your luggages at the carousel so you don’t mingle with other passengers arriving from other flights or is the test done just before leaving the airport terminal?

• Like 1

Hey why not do the broadcast in front of the live view (window) rather than the picture backdrop?

Nice picture but would rather see actual conditions in BKK.

cheers

There is no answer that I can see to my question/statement. Here is my problem. I live in Udon, have had a home here since 2008. I have had 2 shots of a real vaccine, Pfizer and by end of Dec. will have booster of Moderna, if it ever comes. I still have OA with all the scam insurance that requires. Now I am being told that if I leave the country I will have to add another, apparently, 50,000 scam insurance to cover my return, forever? So I am double scammed. That is one factor. I just need to cross the border to Lao when it reopens. Or fly half way around the world into Vientiane if it doesn't. If there is still solitary confinement there I believe I can deal with it as it isn't quite the same as here. I have family there I have not seen since the original lockdown. Upon return from an non-listed country if the border is not open I will again have to fly half way around the world to get back and then can I catch a flight in BKK to Udon for the stupid, idiotic, scam money making quarantine, which I will check into and promptly leave for home or am I stuck in BKK doing absolutely nothing perhaps locked in my room going insane and ending up in a real lock lock up? Note, I spent 5 nights in the hospital summer a year ago due to acute kidney failure was walking the halls, looking out the window trying to figure out how I was going to escape if I was not released the next day. My PTSD kicks in big time when locked up. I was locked up once as a member of VVAW by the nixon regime until released by the then Supreme Court. 

At this time I just can't see a way to go even if Lao was open and according to the Laotian Times they are planning to open to ASEAN countries. 

As always anything to do with covid here remains clear as Mekong mud. It is still wait and see. 

As I said, just no way to answer this question which upon re-read is really more of a rant I guess. Apologies.

54 minutes ago, NidNoi said:

I won’t fall for this diktat. A  friend’s house on Elbow Cay in the Abacos will be my favourite destination this winter. Home of the best Goombay Smash made with Bacardi 151 (75.5% alcohol).

No-one is asking you to.  Enjoy Abacos, won't you?

Send a trip report. If you remember.

If they require a PCR test upon arrival in Thailand, why do they want a pre-arrival test? They don't believe in their own tests? Or do they think makeing 2 tests protects better then 1 test? 😅

1 hour ago, NidNoi said:

So if I understand well, once the PCR test is done at the airport and your SAH hotel is downtown Bangkok, a driver is taking you directly to your hotel and somebody from the hotel staff is checking on you making sure you stay in your room until you get the results the next day?

Yes.

1 hour ago, NidNoi said:

Who is getting your luggages at the carousel so you don’t mingle with other passengers arriving from other flights or is the test done just before leaving the airport terminal?

You collect your own luggage from inside the terminal.
No doubt you may mix with other foreigner passengers, all of whom will have had a negative PCR test prior to boarding and all of whom will receive a further PCR test before leaving the airport.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, stapoz said:

If they require a PCR test upon arrival in Thailand, why do they want a pre-arrival test?

To ensure as far as practical you test negative for Covid before sitting in a confined area with 200+ other travellers and to protect their airline staff - do you really need to ask why?

What if the test in Thailand is positive? (can catch the virus while traveling) Will they take me to a hospital for a few weeks? Even if I don't have any symptoms? And will I stay in the hospital instead enjoying my holiday??? Thanks, I'd rather spend my vacation elsewhere. 😝

3 hours ago, Faz said:

Where did you get the information from, that a test will be made at the airport?

There is no information about it on https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/thailand-reopening-exemption-from-quarantine-test-go/