News Forum - Entry requirements for international arrivals starting November 1

Thaiger

The Thailand Pass is set to launch in 5 days, aiming to ease the process to get approval to enter Thailand. The entry requirements for international travellers still require some hoops, but the government hopes this streamlining will help welcome back much-needed tourism to the country. The website for the Thailand Pass has been created at tp.consular.go.th but it is not active yet, displaying a message that registration begins at 9 am on November 1. All currently issued certificates of entry will be honoured and travellers can request refunds from their hotels for the cost of lifted requirements. Thailand Pass […]

The story Entry requirements for international arrivals starting November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If I wasn't already here, would I come after reading that?

No.

I'd just think it was too much of a pain in the ass, and that I could go elsewhere without all the hassle.

I think Thailand needs to re-open for economic reasons; there are too many Thais who have been without pay or income for almost 2 years and they simply can't survive another missed high season. I know many Thais in the tourism business and they all (independently) tell me the same thing; they have structured their debts to become due around Songkran next year. If they don't get some cash in their pocket, things are going to get ugly; hungry/starving people are capable of just about anything.

Good Luck, Thailand

• Like 7

I’ve just about given up 

think I’ll can Thailand and buy condo at Gold Coast Australia  just see Thailand 2 weeks here and there .... these guys will change there  mind again before dec 

im over this and Thailand 

No ..... no way 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

I wonder if there is need for confirmation of flight for applying for Thailand pass. I don’t see it in the diagram in this article. 

I’ve been living in Thailand 7 years 

I thought I could understand almost everything, this is too tiresome 

pattaya will be dead this year 

they will get good photos for dec but no huge numbers impossible with all this 

• Like 4

Yep just as I expected. A whole page of hoops to jump through. Nope . I will wait until the government makes it easier to spend my 10 K in Thailand . Until then a country like Costa Rica will get my money.

• Like 3

Good morning,

there are so many current articles around listing the latest requirements for tourists entering Thailand.

Great, but (I imagine) the majority of people regularly reading Thaiger are expats already living here with some sort of residency visa, and many of us have been bottled up here for nearly 2 years and would love to  have a holiday. But how do WE get back into Thailand? Are the rules the same as for tourists?

Specific information would be most appreciated.

• Like 2

It seems there is a mistake about the required RT-PCR test before boarding.

“Have a RT-PCR Covid-19 test result issued within 72 hours before travelling”. This has no sense or am I missing something?. The test itself should be made no later than 72 hours before departure.

Otherwise you could have the test made 2 weeks before and just get the results dated 70 hours before departure.

I don't see this new list of entry requirements and regulations attracting many tourists. The process is too much hassle.

The only way to get the numbers is to do what works. Fully vaccinated tourists, proof of PCR negative test taken 72 hours before departure and visa on arrival. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE!

Covid is already in the country.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tunafish said:

Good morning,

there are so many current articles around listing the latest requirements for tourists entering Thailand.

Great, but (I imagine) the majority of people regularly reading Thaiger are expats already living here with some sort of residency visa, and many of us have been bottled up here for nearly 2 years and would love to  have a holiday. But how do WE get back into Thailand? Are the rules the same as for tourists?

Specific information would be most appreciated.

I would imagine that apart from your visa (which you would already have), the entry requirements for foreigners are the same. If you have a holiday in Dubai for example, then you will need to get a Thailand Pass, PCR tests preflight and on arrival etc etc when you return. 

Does a tourist have to book a flight  ticket to return within 30 days of arrival?

if I plan to have 30d extension, can I book return flight 60d after arrival date?  And could I arrange insurance for 60d period? Or would immigration not accept this?

I still don’t understand the Covid insurance 50000 USDfor expats. When you ask an insurance company for a quote for the travel Covid insurance, you have to say for how long!  What when you live here in Thailand? I travel to Europe next month, come back in December, with a re-entry permit. I live here on a Non immigrant “O” visum, with a yearly extension based on retirement. I have  a Thai health insurance (Generali) but it doesn’t cover specific COVID-19, so I need a separate Insurance, but for what period?

Ok...here's what international tourists will accept.

1. Visa on arrival

2. Proof on an app or on paper of double vaccination

3. A Negative PCR test, 72 hours prior to embarkation either on an app or on paper.

China isn't coming....time to ge real....

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RSL said:

Does a tourist have to book a flight  ticket to return within 30 days of arrival?

if I plan to have 30d extension, can I book return flight 60d after arrival date?  And could I arrange insurance for 60d period? Or would immigration not accept this?

That’s a great question and one I’m grappling with. I’m looking to come in on a 60 day tourist visa but aim to stay at least 90 days by extending the 60 day visa. I’m concerned however that if I book a return flight with a duration of say 89 days, or any length longer than the 60 days for which I’m applying for the visa and/or the Thailand pass, it will be rejected. Perhaps a wise chap like @Faz can assist? I think we have discussed this before Faz and one way around it is to book a cheap one way out to Cambodia or Malaysia within the visa window and simply not use it. However, do we know if the visa and/or Thailand Pass would be rejected.  I’m not sure there’s a definitive answer to this?  

8 minutes ago, Rudi said:

I still don’t understand the Covid insurance 50000 USDfor expats. When you ask an insurance company for a quote for the travel Covid insurance, you have to say for how long!  What when you live here in Thailand? I travel to Europe next month, come back in December, with a re-entry permit. I live here on a Non immigrant “O” visum, with a yearly extension based on retirement. I have  a Thai health insurance (Generali) but it doesn’t cover specific COVID-19, so I need a separate Insurance, but for what period?

If you can buy a U.K. policy then you have 14 days from purchase to cancel. They won’t issue the full policy document prior to payment and so you would have to fork out the full amount for say 90 days (duration of Non-O visa) and then cancel as soon as you get back to Thailand. You may have to wait a few weeks for your money back less a small admin fee (possibly). I’m sure other EU countries have similar cancellation rules. 

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

PREPARE: Required documents

... 5.     Paid SHA+ or AQ hotel reservation (including fee for RT-PCR test)

ARRIVE: Travel to Thailand

... 3.  Take another RT-PCR Covid-19 test
     -   At the airport OR
     -   At your approved hotel OR
     -   At designated accommodations in the Test & Go or Sandbox Blue Zones schemes

This is very contradictory. The requirements should be clear for all. Very confusing...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SaMos75 said:

This is very contradictory. The requirements should be clear for all. Very confusing...

It should, but it won’t. We all know why it won’t ever be 100% clear. It’s the same with the amber flashing lights at junctions at night. Why not let the lights sequence as normal. I guess it’s part of the romance of the exotic east 😂😂

Maybe the extra RT-PCR-test because there might be a positive Thai national sitting next to you in the plane 😅

image.png.624ac577605c398b524c618229afca8f.png

Problem is just that if you get covid during the flight, it does not show in the test that you do at the same day. So anyway the test is useless. 😷

Edited by FatButFast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FatButFast said:

Maybe the extra RT-PCR-test because there might be a positive Thai national sitting next to you in the plane 😅

image.png.624ac577605c398b524c618229afca8f.png

Problem is just that if you get covid during the flight, it does not show in the test that you do at the same day. So anyway the test is useless. 😷

You are relaying to the AQ-Entry and not to the quarantine exemption.
But for those who can enter without quarantine, what's correct? Need to provide proof of  Paid SHA+ or AQ hotel reservation (including fee for RT-PCR test) OR just proof of hotel reservation and take RT-PCR Covid-19 test   -   At the airport ... Neither the embassies know precisely

Edited by SaMos75
typo error
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, NidNoi said:

Otherwise you could have the test made 2 weeks before and just get the results dated 70 hours before departure.

Good luck with finding a test centre willing to that.
Results are commonly emailed 8-24 hours after the test and includes dates.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rudi said:

I still don’t understand the Covid insurance 50000 USDfor expats. When you ask an insurance company for a quote for the travel Covid insurance, you have to say for how long!  What when you live here in Thailand? I travel to Europe next month, come back in December, with a re-entry permit.

The Covid Insurance must cover the period of stay granted on entry.

If your current extension was valid until Aug 2022, you exit next month, returning December, then the cover would need to cover from your entry in December to the August date stamped on your extension, which will be the same date on your re-entry permit. (8 months).

Sorry SaMos75, I didn't understand. I thought that the same plane to Thailand can be filled with persons from all these three groups?

image.png.1c370c0b5c3f5a4dd356e8d08d7b56cd.png

Then I agree, it is so unclear what is enough with hotel reservations. I have booked SHA+ for $34. Do I need to cancel it and take a AQ for $250? We called the hotel and they did not know either.

Our flight is on November 22th. Got just 90 day visa and covid insurance for €120 (I'm 59) and waiting for Thai Pass.

3 hours ago, RSL said:

If your entering Visa exempt, then it's the airline that insist on a return ticket within 30 days.
This is because if you are refused entry, you have a pre paid return ticket.

For a Tourist Visa (60 days) having been previously screened by a Thai Embassy to obtain a TV, the risk of being refused entry is greatly reduced having already proved you meet the conditions and airlines don't normal require to see a return ticket within 60 days.

Thai Embassies may vary with the requirement to issue a TV on return flight tickets.
Consult your Embassy first if unsure, they are well aware you can apply for 30 day extensions.

Currently many airlines are offering 'free' changes to flights. You can therefore book a 30 or 60 day return flight and once in Thailand change the return date to 60 or 90 days.

• Thanks 2