Cigarettes???

Philly

My wife just this afternoon bought me a pack of L&M Red from a quite large local general store.

Previously 60 Bht...... today's price 75 Bht. Interesting !

1 hour ago, Philly said:

Panic over motorcycle landed today with 10 packets for 600 baht, the wife forgot to ask him where he bought them 

Im really happy for you nothing worse than waking up the morning and no ciggies 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Im really happy for you nothing worse than waking up the morning and no ciggies 

I guess not waking up is marginally more serious ? 😂

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, DeepPool said:

Damn

yeah and it mostly tax.  They are trying to stamp it out as much as possible, lots of places you cannot smoke, smoking in cars with children on board is a Police matter. restaurants etc.

10 minutes ago, palooka said:

yeah and it mostly tax.  They are trying to stamp it out as much as possible, lots of places you cannot smoke, smoking in cars with children on board is a Police matter. restaurants etc.

To be honest most smokers have no issue with that.

I stopped smoking in the house, car or restaurant over 20 years ago when the kids were born.

No smoking in a pub is a problem though. Pubs should have a choice to be smoking or non smoking. If you are a non smoker and object to others doing it then just go to a non smoking pub.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

To be honest most smokers have no issue with that.

I stopped smoking in the house, car or restaurant over 20 years ago when the kids were born.

No smoking in a pub is a problem though. Pubs should have a choice to be smoking or non smoking. If you are a non smoker and object to others doing it then just go to a non smoking pub.

A lot of pubs and clubs have a designated drinking/smoking area to cater for the smokers. At one stage they were giving out stop smoking patches for free to encourage quitting.

49 minutes ago, palooka said:

A lot of pubs and clubs have a designated drinking/smoking area to cater for the smokers. At one stage they were giving out stop smoking patches for free to encourage quitting.

Well I do not know how it works in other countries but in Scotland we had a blanket ban on smoking in pubs. Pubs could provide a smoking area outside but it has to have three open sides. So one wall and a roof. Now this is Scotland we are talking about where the weather can be pretty severe. The rain does not fall down it travels sideways owing to the freezing cold wind thats howling.

People stopped going to the pub. Pub closes. So a central pillar of the local community no longer exists.

The argument that after pubs stopped smoking a wave of non smoking customers would flood in was a total lie.

Smokers. The ONLY minority group you are allowed to persecute. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Well I do not know how it works in other countries but in Scotland we had a blanket ban on smoking in pubs. Pubs could provide a smoking area outside but it has to have three open sides. So one wall and a roof. Now this is Scotland we are talking about where the weather can be pretty severe. The rain does not fall down it travels sideways owing to the freezing cold wind thats howling.

People stopped going to the pub. Pub closes. So a central pillar of the local community no longer exists.

The argument that after pubs stopped smoking a wave of non smoking customers would flood in was a total lie.

Traditional pubs have been losing popularity and have been closing down for years , these days many have turned into gastro pubs/restaurants where they are more family orientated  

19 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

You know I would never have guessed that was written by a smoker.😂😂

I can remember and I'm sure many others can remember when you walked into a pub and you couldn't see the bar for smoke, but that was what we were used to it and we didn't know any better.

There are so many factors to consider as to why some pubs have closed, the price of the drinks have been increasing considerably compared to workers wages. People have cut down their alcohol intake, drink driving is another factor, cheap booze from the supermarkets have not helped the licence trade.

Many pubs have gone from strength to strength after the ban, especially the pubs that cater for families who like to spend an evening enjoying a nice meal without the fragrance of a Capstan full strength wafting in their direction when they are about to bite into their tarteflett.

People that frequent pubs are generally much healthier now and that includes the barstaff. I know it must be a bit of a drag for you, but eventually you will realise it makes sense. 🚬🍻 😀

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I can remember and I'm sure many others can remember when you walked into a pub and you couldn't see the bar for smoke, but that was what we were used to it and we didn't know any better.

There are so many factors to consider as to why some pubs have closed, the price of the drinks have been increasing considerably compared to workers wages. People have cut down their alcohol intake, drink driving is another factor, cheap booze from the supermarkets have not helped the licence trade.

Many pubs have gone from strength to strength after the ban, especially the pubs that cater for families who like to spend an evening enjoying a nice meal without the fragrance of a Capstan full strength wafting in their direction when they are about to bite into their tarteflett.

People that frequent pubs are generally much healthier now and that includes the barstaff. I know it must be a bit of a drag for you, but eventually you will realise it makes sense. 🚬🍻 😀

And getting home at night and your clothes smell strongly of cigarette smoke and even the next day, you can still smell the smoke in your hair when you take a shower

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fluke said:

And getting home at night and your clothes smell strongly of cigarette smoke and even the next day, you can still smell the smoke in your hair when you take a shower

Its something you never realise until you quit smoking. 36 years for me now and I still wonder why people were tolerant of me to have such a stinky habit

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

Its something you never realise until you quit smoking. 36 years for me now and I still wonder why people were tolerant of me to have such a stinky habit

LOL, as an outspoken ex smoker (quit July 1996) I wouldn't have been too tolerant, 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marble-eye said:

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/national-pub-numbers.jpg

Now what happened in 2007?

See people like you want to believe that your lifestyle choice is right and everyone else is wrong. 

You want to enforce you wants on everyone else. As I said previously. Pubs should have had a choice to be smoking or non smoking. You obviously detest smoking so you could just go to the pubs where it was banned.

But that wasnt enough was it? You wanted all pubs to be non smoking. Guess what. Without smokers they closed. Where were these masses of non smokers just waiting to enter pubs as soon as they were "clean"? Didnt happen did it. You all sacrificed the local pubs, a focal point for the community, upon the alter of your own self righteous beliefs.

Let me tell you a story here and I'm fully aware its anecdotal. In my local we had four old pensioners. They all smoked but met up every afternoon in the pub to play dominoes with each other for coppers. Old friends. Would drink a half pint of Guinness with a cheap whisky chaser and make those drinks last for about three hours. They did it every day. If one of them was late then someone from the pub was sent to their house to see if they were ok. I have done it myself a couple of times.

Smoking ban came in and those old guys disappeared overnight. Their sole source of entertainment ended because of people like you. Their part in the community ended because of people like you.

And please stop perpetuating the lie that bar staffs health improved after the smoking ban. The bar staff who smoked all quit and were replaced with younger non smokers. So on average of course it looks like their health improved but you were not testing the same people.  

2 hours ago, Fluke said:

Traditional pubs have been losing popularity and have been closing down for years , these days many have turned into gastro pubs/restaurants where they are more family orientated  

Just google UK pub numbers and look at the charts.

What happened in 2007?

6 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/national-pub-numbers.jpg

Now what happened in 2007?

See people like you want to believe that your lifestyle choice is right and everyone else is wrong. 

You want to enforce you wants on everyone else. As I said previously. Pubs should have had a choice to be smoking or non smoking. You obviously detest smoking so you could just go to the pubs where it was banned.

But that wasnt enough was it? You wanted all pubs to be non smoking. Guess what. Without smokers they closed. Where were these masses of non smokers just waiting to enter pubs as soon as they were "clean"? Didnt happen did it. You all sacrificed the local pubs, a focal point for the community, upon the alter of your own self righteous beliefs.

Let me tell you a story here and I'm fully aware its anecdotal. In my local we had four old pensioners. They all smoked but met up every afternoon in the pub to play dominoes with each other for coppers. Old friends. Would drink a half pint of Guinness with a cheap whisky chaser and make those drinks last for about three hours. They did it every day. If one of them was late then someone from the pub was sent to their house to see if they were ok. I have done it myself a couple of times.

Smoking ban came in and those old guys disappeared overnight. Their sole source of entertainment ended because of people like you. Their part in the community ended because of people like you.

And please stop perpetuating the lie that bar staffs health improved after the smoking ban. The bar staff who smoked all quit and were replaced with younger non smokers. So on average of course it looks like their health improved but you were not testing the same people.  

😂😂😂😂😂 What a load of rubbish. It is a waste of time trying to talk sense to a smoker, you carry on pumping toxins into your body if that is your desire, just make sure you are not polluting others that just happen to be in your range of pollutants. 

9 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

😂😂😂😂😂 What a load of rubbish. It is a waste of time trying to talk sense to a smoker, you carry on pumping toxins into your body if that is your desire, just make sure you are not polluting others that just happen to be in your range of pollutants. 

Its a waste of time talking to a health fascist who wants to impose his lifestyle over others.

Odd how you went after the man and not the ball in your reply to my post.

3 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

Its a waste of time talking to a health fascist who wants to impose his lifestyle over others.

Odd how you went after the man and not the ball in your reply to my post.

It's a bit like hitting yourself on the head with a ball pein hammer and saying 'it's the only thing I get pleasure from these days' infact the difference with your nasty habit is you are affecting the health of others as well. But your answer is for non smokers to find another pub so I can carry on killing myself and others, it is you that is creating the problem not the non smokers, it is up to you to sort it out and not the people that don't want their enjoyment spoiled by your selfishness.

Disclaimer: not all smokers are selfish, some actually care what others think of their habit. 🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬

15 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

not all smokers are selfish, some actually care what others think of their habit.

A valid point and  I know a few Thai ladies who are very considerate when it comes to smoking 😂

15 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

It's a bit like hitting yourself on the head with a ball pein hammer and saying 'it's the only thing I get pleasure from these days' infact the difference with your nasty habit is you are affecting the health of others as well. But your answer is for non smokers to find another pub so I can carry on killing myself and others, it is you that is creating the problem not the non smokers, it is up to you to sort it out and not the people that don't want their enjoyment spoiled by your selfishness.

Disclaimer: not all smokers are selfish, some actually care what others think of their habit. 🚬🚬🚬🚬🚬

No. You had a choice. Go to pubs which were non smoking and you can all circle jerk about how much better you are than smokers.

Thats not enough though is it? Your self righteousness demands that everyone complies with your wants.

We can see who is selfish here. One person who demands everyone else does what he wants and another who suggests there should be an accommodation for both parties. 

1 minute ago, Rookiescot said:

No. You had a choice. Go to pubs which were non smoking and you can all circle jerk about how much better you are than smokers.

Thats not enough though is it? Your self righteousness demands that everyone complies with your wants.

We can see who is selfish here. One person who demands everyone else does what he wants and another who suggests there should be an accommodation for both parties. 

Where did I say that I am better than smokers, that's right I didn't. I said the toxic gases that some selfish puffing billys emit are damaging to everyone around them. Take heed and stop being Mr Denial. You know it makes sense.

1 minute ago, Marble-eye said:

Where did I say that I am better than smokers, that's right I didn't. I said the toxic gases that some selfish puffing billys emit are damaging to everyone around them. Take heed and stop being Mr Denial. You know it makes sense.

Again with the attack on the man not the ball.

If pubs could be smoking or non smoking you would obviously go to the vanilla version along with your like minded friends. 

So how would my cigarette smoke have bothered you?

Just now, Rookiescot said:

Again with the attack on the man not the ball.

If pubs could be smoking or non smoking you would obviously go to the vanilla version along with your like minded friends. 

So how would my cigarette smoke have bothered you?

I don't think it is unreasonable for anybody to go to any pub of his or her choice or any other sexual orientation they just might be self identifying on that particular day, they are not the problem...you are, and why you refuse to take responsibility of your actions are I'm sure a mystery to most unselfish people.

But you come across as someone who doesn't want to be saved and you seem perfectly happy in taking the toxic trail, it is like telling a Katie Price fan that she cannot sing, they will argue with you till the cows come home that she can.

Happy puffing. 🚂🚂🚂 😀

5 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

I don't think it is unreasonable for anybody to go to any pub of his or her choice or any other sexual orientation they just might be self identifying on that particular day, they are not the problem...you are, and why you refuse to take responsibility of your actions are I'm sure a mystery to most unselfish people.

But you come across as someone who doesn't want to be saved and you seem perfectly happy in taking the toxic trail, it is like telling a Katie Price fan that she cannot sing, they will argue with you till the cows come home that she can.

Happy puffing. 🚂🚂🚂 😀

Katie Price ? you mean Jordan , what a waste those pair have gone to 😉

43 minutes ago, Marble-eye said:

Happy puffing. 🚂🚂🚂 😀

See you are creating a straw man argument. If we had smoking and non smoking pubs how would that have bothered you?

You see what you are doing is ignoring the fact we could have had a compromise but instead are demanding everyone complies to your wishes. Because thats what you want. No choice for others, no consideration for the communities these pubs served. No thought for the people who depended upon those pubs for human contact and inclusion. 

Instead we get statements like "I should be able to walk into".

Now man up and admit it. The smoking ban closed many pubs and ended the community hub they were just because you wanted to punish smokers. Who gives a stuff about old guys playing dominoes. Whats important is that you, not that you ever would, could walk into one of these bars and feel righteous. 

Try tolerance. After all many of us do when it comes to golfers.