Cigarettes???

Philly

I smoke iscore 5.0 at 60 baht a packet. I recently went to a 7/11 and ordered 4 packets but only was allowed 2 packets. This has happened me twice in 2 different 7-11s. I asked the staff if I walk outside and come in again can I get the other packets because I was buying the extra ones for a homeless man. She said come back in, in 10 minutes. So in hindsight the homeless man didn’t get his nicotine and I am none the wiser on this new law.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Philly said:

I smoke iscore 5.0 at 60 baht a packet. I recently went to a 7/11 and ordered 4 packets but only was allowed 2 packets. This has happened me twice in 2 different 7-11s. I asked the staff if I walk outside and come in again can I get the other packets because I was buying the extra ones for a homeless man. She said come back in, in 10 minutes. So in hindsight the homeless man didn’t get his nicotine and I am none the wiser on this new law.

The answer is here;

New tax to raise cigarette prices by around 8 baht per pack | Thaiger (thethaiger.com)

Nation Thailand reports that all cigarettes in stock will be subject to the new tax on Friday and the Excise Department will check stocks at tobacco factories and import warehouses to “combat hoarding that seeks to exploits the old tax.”

Unfortunately they did hoard, leaving retailers low on stock so they limited sales to 2 packs per day.
Normal service should now have resumed as retailers restock - but at the new price.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Philly said:

Cheap cigs, a pack of 20 in Australia will set you back 600+ baht.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Philly said:

Your lucky if you can get ciggies I got 2 packets yesterday from some remote Family Mart most of the shops local to me have already sold out.

1 hour ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Your lucky if you can get ciggies I got 2 packets yesterday from some remote Family Mart most of the shops local to me have already sold out.

Of course have you considered that it may be an opportunity for you to stop smoking , is it a signal from above perhaps ? 😂

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Crazy I can’t get my brand either, sent motorcycle out last night he drove everywhere and couldn’t find any. This is getting worse an alcohol ban, curfew and now no cigarettes omg all because of 8 baht

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Of course have you considered that it may be an opportunity for you to stop smoking , is it a signal from above perhaps ? 😂

That’s not going to happen but maybe I can cut down ration my cigarettes 😁

Just now, Philly said:

I said it as  a joke really but is there really a shortage ?  1 hour or so ago I was in my little cheapo store buying the party booze ( its rice cutting here so they will have finished today so its worth a party for all and sundry who helped), and there were several large boxes of fags. Don't ask me what type as I don't smoke but a couple of people who came in whilst I was there bought about 4/6 packets each.

6 minutes ago, Philly said:

Been suggested that Emphysema and Covid have a lot in common. 

You can end up sucking on a oxygen bottle for your final days.

Do your lungs a big favour and give it up.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Philly said:

Crazy I can’t get my brand either, sent motorcycle out last night he drove everywhere and couldn’t find any. This is getting worse an alcohol ban, curfew and now no cigarettes omg all because of 8 baht

I've got 2 packets left, I've been smoking 3 different brands I think thats it where I live, 

21 minutes ago, Philly said:

I used to sit outside in the evenings having my beers and a smoke, now I sit inside still having a beer but I dont smoke in the house so I cut down a lot, things we have to do

21 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I've stopped drinking but I still smoke cigarettes. Does that make me bad?

Some people might say that, not me

49 minutes ago, palooka said:

Been suggested that Emphysema and Covid have a lot in common. 

You can end up sucking on a oxygen bottle for your final days.

Do your lungs a big favour and give it up.

I’d rather I go quickly with a heart attack but then again I could get knocked down by a car tomorrow-my choice but thank you for the advice

5 minutes ago, Philly said:

I’d rather I go quickly with a heart attack but then again I could get knocked down by a car tomorrow-my choice but thank you for the advice

I think you have more chance of getting knocked down by a car

3 minutes ago, Philly said:

But if you die before your time,  you may never get the opportunity to cure cancer, write a world beating novel, fly into space, meet Angelina Jolie and  both of you fall madly in love, or win millions on the lottery.... you could miss so much.  I'm still hoping one or more of those things will happen .  

3 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I think you have more chance of getting knocked down by a car

See? A quick extra beer and a stagger into traffic and WHAMMO!

Who said smoking was dangerous?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

But if you die before your time,  you may never get the opportunity to cure cancer, write a world beating novel, fly into space, meet Angelina Jolie and  both of you fall madly in love, or win millions on the lottery.... you could miss so much.  I'm still hoping one or more of those things will happen .  

You can cross her of the list

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SJB said:

Today I was told by 7-11 that iScore was finished.  Anyone know where else they can be purchased in Ao Nang, Krabi?

Try Camel green or Playoff green, find a remote Family mart thats what I did and they had stock 

3 hours ago, Pinetree said:

I’ve met her already she was too clingy for me 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2