News Forum - Student dies after receiving second Covid-19 vaccine shot

Thaiger

A Phang Nga Community College student who developed blood clots after receiving her second Covid-19 vaccine shot has died of a haemorrhagic stroke following brain surgery. As reported by the Bangkok Post, the student, 20 year old Ketsiree Kongkaew, who had had her left leg amputated, died on Monday morning at Songklanagarind Hospital in Hat Yai. Having first received the Sinovac vaccine, Ketsiree was reported to have suffered a blockage of a limb artery after receiving the AstraZeneca vaccine as her second shot. Complaining of a fever and chest pains around three days after receiving the shot, she was initially […]

The story Student dies after receiving second Covid-19 vaccine shot as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sad story. And for once, a case where the vax is the likely culprit.

However, I am equally concerned that the deceased was given AZ to begin with. It was contra-indicated for use by under-30's with many countries voluntarily increasing that to under-40's. 

The person who authorised the shot, has some explaining to do.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

However, I am equally concerned that the deceased was given AZ to begin with. It was contra-indicated for use by under-30's with many countries voluntarily increasing that to under-40's. 

Mixing and matching and going against manufacturer's advice and scientific evidence seems to be business as usual here if some hospital does a short study with a few patients and declares it "all good to go".

And meanwhile they delay donations of highly effective vaccines.

Not displaying the better side of this country.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

This was a reason I had a medical John as I have a varicose vein issue in my right shin. The doctor reassured me that I'm good to go but asked repeatedly if I've ever received anti coagulants. Regardless of the actual covid vaccine type but thrombosis and lost limbs is a recipe for disaster.

Still though sad story indeed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

And for once, a case where the vax is the likely culprit.

For once?????   Evidently your heads pretty far in the sand.  But hey, at least you are .00000000001% less likely to get covid yourself.  all it cost is the lives of those who have little to no risk from covid.  

• Like 4

I have Thai family members that have issues with their blood! They are waiting for the Mvax!  The refuse to be subjected to a first shot if Sino or a mix

To young to die Rip

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, riclag said:

I have Thai family members that have issues with their blood! They are waiting for the Mvax!  The refuse to be subjected to a first shot if Sino or a mix

To young to die Rip

My wife too. No Sinojunk or Az for her. Until then we wait and are hoping CM pulls Moderna in the first week available. Had the daughter signed and paid up for it in CM but she was able to get Pfizer as an American. Then have the wife and son signed up in BKk for it and son got Pfizer as an American. So we have one more sign up in CM for Moderna for the wife and now it is whatever which one comes first and then we will do name changes to make it happen for her. We have people we can also give or sell the extra ones so we don’t get stuck. Actually we don’t mind even giving them out as long as the hospital doesn’t get them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrNovax said:

For once?????   Evidently your heads pretty far in the sand.  But hey, at least you are .00000000001% less likely to get covid yourself.  all it cost is the lives of those who have little to no risk from covid. 

Well put !

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Mixing and matching and going against manufacturer's advice and scientific evidence

Incorrect. It may go against the advice of certain manufacturers, but it is well supported by available scientific evidence. 

The UK's ComCov study specifically looked at mixing and matching vaccines. Quoting from the BBC's report on the study

The Com-Cov study, which looked at giving the doses four weeks apart in 850 volunteers aged 50 and above, found:

• AZ followed by Pfizer induced higher antibodies and T cell responses than Pfizer followed by AZ
  • Both of these mixes induced higher antibodies than two doses of AZ
  • The highest antibody response was seen after two doses of Pfizer, and the highest T cell response from AZ followed by Pfizer

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, js89 said:

Incorrect. It may go against the advice of certain manufacturers, but it is well supported by available scientific evidence. 

The UK's ComCov study specifically looked at mixing and matching vaccines. Quoting from the BBC's report on the study

No, it's actually very correct.

What you quote is: 1) a preprint, 2) a study with data from before Delta, 3) doesn't conform to consensus and 4) doesn't conform to manufacturer's instructions

Besides, the data fall into oblivion compared to accumulated data from hundreds of millions of jabs given according to the instructions for use according to the developers.

I'm not saying it's wrong.

I'm saying that while things are only approved for emergency use or have conditional authorisation, they should not experiment further with additional unknown factors.

2 hours ago, MrNovax said:

25 million people worldwide have contracted Covid (that we know about). That’s 0.36% of the population. 2% of those people also go on to have long Covid symptoms. 4.95 million (that we know about) have died from Covid. That’s about 0.07% of the world population. 

I can’t find data for world fatalities due to Covid vaccination. However, in the U.K; which counts anyone who dies within 28 days of receiving the vaccine, there have been approximately 1,700 deaths and they have administered approximately 100 million doses. That equates to a risk of 0.0017% so the risk of contracting and of dying with Covid remains far higher than the risk of the vaccination.

This however ignores age profile and this is why healthcare agencies recommend a different approach for different age groups. In most Western countries giving AZ to under 30’s or in some cases under 40’s is not recommended. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, MrNovax said:

How many of the cases reported on this site can it be said that the vax was the likely suspect? Not many. So far. most of the cases have done nothing to indicate it was the vax other than proximty to death. Here we have a case where the symptoms presented are actually reported as being known side effects of AZ. 

But rather than indulge in your vax hysteria, why don't you address the issue of why a 20 year-old was given the vax when it was contra-indicated for use in under-30's. Someone else's gross negligence has given you all the ammo you need to mis-characterise this event.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Saunk said:

Well put !

And other than hysteria, where is the evidence in this forum that the vax killed some other Thai apart from proximity to the event. 

You vax hysterics  really need to get a grip. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

How many of the cases reported on this site can it be said that the vax was the likely suspect? Not many. So far. most of the cases have done nothing to indicate it was the vax other than proximty to death. Here we have a case where the symptoms presented are actually reported as being known side effects of AZ. 

But rather than indulge in your vax hysteria, why don't you address the issue of why a 20 year-old was given the vax when it was contra-indicated for use in under-30's. Someone else's gross negligence has given you all the ammo you need to mis-characterise this event.

Giving anyone in their 20's or 30's any of these vax is gross negligence 

3 hours ago, yetanother said:

"an X-ray revealing blood clots requiring urgent surgery. With her condition continuing to worsen, she was first transferred to Krabi Hospital, then Songklanagarind Hospital, where the decision was made to amputate her leg."

horrible story;

will be classified as "unvaccinated death due to covid" as under 14 days; NOT the real cause , which was the vaxx;

complete irresponsible misdirection

I am not sure how they do these things in TH, but I've seen no evidence to indicate that she had CV to begin with. So under those circumstances I don't see how they can come up with the finding, "unvaccinated death due to covid", especially as it is quite clear that she was vaxxed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

No. It is only AZ that has been contra-indicated for use in under-30's. Quite a few countries have decided to play safe by extending the prohibition to under-40's.  Other vaxxes have been contra-indicated for other reasons, but in this case, it was a well known risk factor, and the Doc who authorised the jab was grossly negligent.

5 hours ago, MrNovax said:

Nothing is risk free, you just weigh up the odds, but as you're into percentages what is the percentage of people dying possibly from a covid vaccine, against the total amount of people who don't die ?

But as you evidently don't understand the reason for the vaccinations, there's probably not much point. But here's a little help, it was never designed to stop you getting covid. Hope that helps

• Like 3

3 hours ago, yetanother said:

"an X-ray revealing blood clots requiring urgent surgery. With her condition continuing to worsen, she was first transferred to Krabi Hospital, then Songklanagarind Hospital, where the decision was made to amputate her leg."

horrible story;

will be classified as "unvaccinated death due to covid" as under 14 days; NOT the real cause , which was the vaxx;

complete irresponsible misdirection

Might have been, probably was, but you don't know that.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

25 million people that we know of..... which means this is probably a small fraction of those who either had 19 or had natural immunity to begin with.  which means the % of people dying from 19is likely much smaller than official statistics.  speaking of which, almost 5 million people died WITH 19, not "of" 19.  it has been clearly  stated that anyone who dies and tests positive is reported in that number "even if they died of a clear alternate cause." 

In the USA, the number is 739k and the CDC itself came out and said that only about 4% of those had no comorbidities.  That puts the number at around 30k who died "of" 19.  VAERS has the death rate FROM the vax at 17k and many of those are in their 20s/30s.  The total adverse affects are currently at 1.6 MILLIION and the site itself states that only a fraction of these adverse affects are reported. 

Anyone who says/thinks that the vax is a lesser risk for those under 65 either hasnt done their research or is lying through their teeth. 

Well I did my research (as shown in the figures I used) and why would I lie through my teeth or anywhere else for that matter. I’ve nothing to gain by stating a set a numbers just as you have. If you don’t want the vaccine then don’t have it. I personally believe they work as shown by the fewer people dying in the U.K. and happy to have the Covid vaccine just as I have with other vaccinations over the last 50 years. Good luck whatever your choice. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

Feel free to avail us of your virology qualifications - preferably ones that fly in the face of 99.9% of the worlds virologists. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Benroon said:

it was never designed to stop you getting covid. Hope that helps

Spot on. Amazing how people still don’t understand how the vaccines operate after almost  a year of them being around !

• Like 2

Several posts are now in breach of rule 5 and this thread is now closed

Understand that the Forum considers “Facts” to differ from a “Personal Opinion.” Facts may be inferred or quoted. Members are responsible to make sure their Posts are not misleading and do not knowingly share articles, pictures and videos previously identified as Misinformation.

• Like 1