News Forum - Travellers now exempt from quarantine advised to directly contact AQ hotels for refund

Thaiger

With changes to entry requirements for international arrivals starting Monday, travellers who are exempt from quarantine, but have already booked a stay in advance are advised to directly contact hotels where their reservation was made. Starting November 1, travellers who are fully vaccinated and from 46 countries and territories classified by the Thai government as a “low risk” for Covid-19 are exempt from quarantine. A spokesperson says travellers will need to test negative for Covid-19 in a PCR test and wait one night for the results, then they can travel throughout Thailand. During today’s CCSA press briefing, the Ministry of […]

The story Travellers now exempt from quarantine advised to directly contact AQ hotels for refund as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Of course! Having created this difficulty themselves by a convoluted maze of regulations, the Thai Government now throws responsibility to the ASQ Htels to sort out the refunds. Amazing Thailand!

• Like 4

Getting a refund from the hotel if you have paid direct will probably be about as simple and straightforward as getting a refund for a cancelled flight from the national airline.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

A spokesperson says travellers will need to test negative for Covid-19 in a PCR test and wait one night for the results, then they can travel throughout Thailand.

PCR is usually for those displaying symptoms .. so are they inferring everyone will be displaying symptoms whether they are or not to insist on a PCR .. surely lateral flow which is meant to find if someone who isn't exhibiting symptoms would be more suited .. 

Just released from Thai Hotel Association.. "solly, mai dai--cannot"

I have a hard enough time returning exchanging thai baht for USD when I return home

Dont even get me started on trying to exchange lao kip..u might as well just give that away when exiting

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

trying to exchange lao kip.

That is to encourage you to return and spend it. (plus a few more dollars) 55555

• Like 3

Shouldn't be a problem getting a refund if you have booked through a online booking agent site like Agoda as they are the ones who hold your money, Agoda do not pay the host until 24 hours after your arrival, Booking.com is 7 days, Airbnb is also 24 hours before payout,

Its done for obvious reason like the host doing a runner with the money and trying to get refunds would be a nightmare 

If you have booked direct with a hotel then thats a different story

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Shouldn't be a problem getting a refund if you have booked through a online booking agent site like Agoda as they are the ones who hold your money, Agoda do not pay the host until 24 hours after your arrival, Booking.com is 7 days, Airbnb is also 24 hours before payout,

Its done for obvious reason like the host doing a runner with the money and trying to get refunds would be a nightmare 

If you have booked direct with a hotel then thats a different story

With these ASQ hotels, can they book via an online agent, or does it have to be done directly with the hotel?
I'm specifically talking about booking for quarantine purposes now, not general stays.

I didn't know if there were some government ASQ regulations?

It's a straight question, as I don't know.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

With these ASQ hotels, can they book via an online agent, or does it have to be done directly with the hotel?
I'm specifically talking about booking for quarantine purposes now, not general stays.

I didn't know if there were some government ASQ regulations?

It's a straight question, as I don't know.

Its all a bit confusing here in Phuket for SHA+ you have to book through a online booking agent if you look at Agoda you will see listed SHA+ properties, I did read you are not allowed to make direct bookings online, we own a condo and the project is listed as a SHA+ property but that does not cover us, we cannot advertise we are SHA+, The project we are in you used to be able to book online through their web site, Not at this moment it has been taken off,

I think in Bangkok they had a government web site which people had to go through to book,

There is nothing to stop people calling a hotel direct especially in Phuket,

Im sure we will get someone soon on here telling us their experience, 

• Thanks 1

"There is no hotel quarantine for travellers entering under the “sandbox” scheme, but they must stay in the “sandbox” area for a specified time."

I wish to go to my house in Phuket from the UK, has the rules changed now for the "sandbox" areas meaning I can go straight to my house and I don't need to stay in a hotel at all?

21 hours ago, palooka said:

That is to encourage you to return and spend it. (plus a few more dollars) 55555

ive gotten quite good managing my kip so the last bit of it is used for my bus back to LOS across bridge

• Like 1