News Forum - Police bust Bangkok pub serving alcohol, 61 arrested

Thaiger

After receiving complaints that alcohol was being illegally served in violation of Covid-19 restrictions, Thong Lo Police raided a pub serving alcohol illegally on Soi Sukhumvit 23 in the Wattana district of Bangkok. The raid that took place last night led to the arrest of 61 guests found drinking alcohol without social distancing. 35 women and 26 males were taken into custody last night, though their nationalities were not made public. Police say that the pub had directly ignored many Covid-19 restrictions under the Communicable Diseases Act and the Emergency Decree. The orders from the CCSA insist on social distancing […]

The story Police bust Bangkok pub serving alcohol, 61 arrested as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The chief of the Thong Lo station made a point in a statement that police officers around Bangkok have been actively checking up on restaurants and entertainment venues to ensure all the brown envelopes were collected.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

It's amazing how they can't detect that bars/restaurants are open and selling alcohol 

Oh, but that's easily explained:

images (58).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Oh, but that's easily explained:

images (58).jpeg

Haha I was waiting.. if they really wanted to stop it just employ a few foreigners!  But again " if they really wanted to stop it"!

On 10/27/2021 at 10:32 AM, Bob20 said:

Yes, both of them 🤭

I am reliably informed many bars in Phuket have been open for months

From some of them you can lean out from your seat, look down the road and see a main police station on the beach road just a few hundred yards away

I was told when asked how the bar owners got away with it, the answer was "No Police".

37 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I am reliably informed many bars in Phuket have been open for months

From some of them you can lean out from your seat, look down the road and see a main police station on the beach road just a few hundred yards away

I was told when asked how the bar owners got away with it, the answer was "No Police".

I told a friend that today a number of bars in Chiang Mai re-opened and serve alcohol in glasses (not coffee cups). Clearly against the rules and they're not tucked away in backstreets either.

Can only be because they have an "agreement" as lots of people including police pass by these places.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I told a friend that today a number of bars in Chiang Mai re-opened and serve alcohol in glasses (not coffee cups). Clearly against the rules and they're not tucked away in backstreets either.

Can only be because they have an "agreement" as lots of people including police pass by these places.

Yes, "No Police", was shorthand for "No Police if we pay them" I bet.

Edited by Faz
edited quote after Bob20 edited his post.

From the picture there looked to be many white foreigners in there of different ages. Little bit of a hanky panky I love you scene? Thong Lor is not my favorite area because of the police there.