News Forum - Thai government forms panel to probe the export of used medical gloves

Thaiger

The Thai government has formed a panel to investigate the export of millions of used medical gloves from Thailand to the US. The investigation follows a recent CNN report into the international trade of substandard medical equipment, with an underground industry having emerged in Southeast Asia, seeking to capitalise on Covid-fuelled global demand. Reporters found that tens of millions of counterfeit and second-hand nitrile gloves had reached the US. After the CNN report was published this week, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha tasked Deputy Prime Minister and Commerce Minister Jurin Laksanawisit with heading up the probe, with the issue having attracted international […]

The story Thai government forms panel to probe the export of used medical gloves as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

24 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Thai government has formed a panel to investigate the export of millions of used medical gloves

You gotta hand it to 'em when it comes to panels .. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

CNN must be rubbing their hands together about rubbishing others to divert attention from their own messes.

If CNN did a print edition, it's only use for me would be lining the bird cage. 

Good that their TV rating are at about 50% of what they were. I don't thing they'll survive much longer.

4 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Good that their TV rating are at about 50% of what they were. I don't thing they'll survive much longer.

Agreed. Its shocking at the amount of biased news and fake stories this channels airs and how often journalists state "I can't prove it but a semi reliable source says so and we cannot reveal the identity or present facts so but it must be true".

CorporateNonsenseNarrative

8 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

I'm going to wait and see what the Thai investigations reveal first. Then listen to Juirn's official statement to the public. Stories like this can damage a nations perception. 

4 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Agreed. Its shocking at the amount of biased news and fake stories this channels airs and how often journalists state "I can't prove it but a semi reliable source says so and we cannot reveal the identity or present facts so but it must be true".

CorporateNonsenseNarrative

Lots of quotes from its coverage hereabouts. Tells me all I need to know about Americans.

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Lots of quotes from its coverage hereabouts. Tells me all I need to know about Americans.

And what about the ones that call it out Poolie. If all the Yanks are so bad then why are CNN's viewer numbers dropping?

Here comes the treacle again. Find a problem and apppoint a comittee to investigate it. I can't help but think of an old Christian saying that bears some relevant here.... "God loved the world so much that he sent His Son....instead of a committee". This reminds me more and more of "Yes Prime Minister"  

Every industry needs to think reduce, reuse. and recycle. 

Gloves can be sterilized by washing in anti-bacterial soap and treating with ozone or by UV light and reused. 

This is the 21st century people, we have technologies to recycle/reuse plastic/poly/latex/rubber and other products that use oil in their manufacturing and/ or transport

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Poolie said:

Americans no longer embrace

CNN.  Rating in us are ways down. It must effect their  bottom line. 

Good. Can they take Fox, MSNBC, and the rest of them along?

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

Americans no longer embrace

CNN.  Rating in us are ways down. It must effect their  bottom line. 

20 hours ago, Dedinbed said:

You gotta hand it to 'em when it comes to panels .. 

Did Thailand just become the hub of used medical gloves?