News Forum - Police arrest British man in Koh Samui for marijuana

Thaiger

A British man on Koh Samui was arrested by immigration police for illegal possession and use of marijuana, according to the provincial immigration police chief. Police say that 32 year old Paul Mathew Kennedy was arrested on Monday at his home in Moo 5 in tambon Bophut. Immigration police say an informant tipped them off to Kennedy, accusing him of being involved in activities related to marijuana. Police launched a probe that culminated in his arrest on Monday. From their investigation into the suspect, they uncovered social media posts that suggested that the British man runs a business in the […]

The story Police arrest British man in Koh Samui for marijuana as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

14 minutes ago, palooka said:

How did this even make the news???????

He was a foreigner and it is thus news being part of the governments xenophobic propaganda campaign . 

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

British man on Koh Samui was arrested by immigration police for illegal possession and use of marijuana,

and is now bonged up in the local nick .?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The man will be charged with illegal possession and use of marijuana and has been handed over to local police for processing.

'processing'  Wait and see what develops.

• Like 1

Had the police not better things to do then catch a man with a litle bit hash.?

And then the informant Shame him or her. Thailand is very good to help the police with forbidden drinking  alcohol and Ganga smoking.

It is not a compliment for all these spy's

• Like 1

Knew a farang who controlled the electricity supply to an estate on Samui  because he owned the transformer. Charged the neighbours 7 baht/unit. Got caught for spicing up his Som Tam with  certain extra flavourings (as the local press put it at the time) and was deported for life leaving behind a 10 million baht house, two cars etc. Neighbours couldn’t stop laughing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

Knew a farang who controlled the electricity supply to an estate on Samui  because he owned the transformer. Charged the neighbours 7 baht/unit. Got caught for spicing up his Som Tam with  certain extra flavourings (as the local press put it at the time) and was deported for life leaving behind a 10 million baht house, two cars etc. Neighbours couldn’t stop laughing.

What are the odds that the person whom ratted him is now charging those neighbours 7 baht a unit and living in a 10 million baht house and has two cars.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Leeshard said:

Your comment makes zero sense!

I just wonder how a message to the police looks when they are ratting someone out. 

Rat: Police, police! I know a guy who owns a plant! 

Police: A citizen who is trying to sell a plant, huh? Let's get him! 

*Later*

Police 2: Good work arresting him! Can't wait for the alcohol ban to be lifted so we can go for a drink! 

Police: Well, for now, let's drink a cup of coffee instead. 

21 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

I just wonder how a message to the police looks when they are ratting someone out. 

Rat: Police, police! I know a guy who owns a plant! 

Police: A citizen who is trying to sell a plant, huh? Let's get him! 

*Later*

Police 2: Good work arresting him! Can't wait for the alcohol ban to be lifted so we can go for a drink! 

Police: Well, for now, let's drink a cup of coffee instead. 

Is that meant to be funny?

Are you German maybe? 🤔

Or been smoking something? 🤭

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Is that meant to be funny?

Are you German maybe? 🤔

Or been smoking something? 🤭

Not everyone has the same sense of humor. 

Maybe I need to explain it for some. 

How is alcohol ok (besides now in Thailand) but Marijuana not? 

Coffee is a kind of drug too which is harmless and accepted. So should Marijuana. 

• Like 2

What a pathetic bunch the "authorities" in this country are. Putting on a show going after the hard core criminals and then proudly parading them in front of the cameras. When will the foreigners here realize that Thailand doesn't want them ? There are many other places in the world to go to that will welcome people open handed, ut not the land of false smiles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donald said:

What a pathetic bunch the "authorities" in this country are. Putting on a show going after the hard core criminals and then proudly parading them in front of the cameras. When will the foreigners here realize that Thailand doesn't want them ? There are many other places in the world to go to that will welcome people open handed, ut not the land of false smiles.

Where  do you live ?

I don’t feel they don’t want me. Maybe it’s a personal thing ? 

• Haha 1

It's both sad and pathetic sad about the young man that now is in big trouble and pathetic when it comes to a little weed when it's legalized for medical reasons and soon for recreational aswell! But is it illegal then it is illegal! But as I said,,, poor guy and I feel that  they absolutly most of the time really don't want us here! Why else do they come with harder and harder things for long time visa every year! And they should put their resources in catching big METH DEALERS instead of a little weed!THATS pathetic!!!! 

1 minute ago, Mikael said:

It's both sad and pathetic sad about the young man that now is in big trouble and pathetic when it comes to a little weed when it's legalized for medical reasons and soon for recreational aswell! But is it illegal then it is illegal! But as I said,,, poor guy and I feel that  they absolutly most of the time really don't want us here! Why else do they come with harder and harder things for long time visa every year! And they should put their resources in catching big METH DEALERS instead of a little weed!THATS pathetic!!!! 

He knew what he was doing and got caught. Now's the time fess up and hope for deportation instead of jail

5 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Not everyone has the same sense of humor. 

Maybe I need to explain it for some. 

How is alcohol ok (besides now in Thailand) but Marijuana not? 

Coffee is a kind of drug too which is harmless and accepted. So should Marijuana. 

It's illegal in Thailand and the law hasn't changed. Hope he does OK in the Thai jail.

5 hours ago, Nabashalam said:

This is horse crap! He probably needs it medically and just hasn't gone to the Dr to get a script yet.

Cut this guy some slack! YEESH!  It will be legal soon enough!

https://getbudslegalize.com/weed-in-thailand-news-update-for-2021/

Thanks for the link, but it clearly states "Thai families" , so a young man from England is not allowed to grow.

AND of course selling it is still against the law.

Yes unfortunate that medical marijuana is also Not legal in the Kingdom

Wish I could find one of these Thai families and let them adopt me  555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With a convicted drug dealer in this government , you’d think this would not be an issue.   But this is Thailand and this jerk happens to be Falange, so HYPOCRISY  rules .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BJoe said:

With a convicted drug dealer in this government , you’d think this would not be an issue.   But this is Thailand and this jerk happens to be Falange, so HYPOCRISY  rules .

The Royal Thai police will get him to sing, where he got it

So they can follow the trail back to the source. If  I were this guy I'd get out of Thailand if he can.

He was in the drug trade and advertising equipment to grow marijuana. This a different story. Probably no work permit and the found several stashes of drugs. I suspect bigger charges for this not so cleaver chap.