News Forum - Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport prepares for November reopening

Thaiger

13 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Sorry I didn’t spot where it says still can be used up to 9th November. Was it in the video?  Thanks. 

I was responding to the request for the link to COE. 

16 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

I was responding to the request for the link to COE. 

Oh ok thank you. I think @Faz will be  aware of where and how to complete the COE. He is a major contributor to all things Visa’s and immigration. I think he may have been requesting information on the 9th of Nov comments. Forgive me if I’m wrong Faz? 

• Like 2

This hardly can be called a reopening, in the old days I didn't want the hassle of running to the embassy for making a visa so I always came for a max 30 days with my passport, not every tourist has the luxury of several months of holidays. Now it will take a lot more trouble and be a lot more expensive to do so with all the requirements like the covid insurance and mandatory ASQhotel. Still those are not the things that withhold me and most other tourists from returning. What really keeps me away is that I will have to undergo at least 5 tests in that short period! 1st is a PCR test before departure, a few days later the 2nd PCR test upon arrival, a 3rd selftest on day 6 or 7 from my stay, a 4th PCR test to be allowed on my plane home and a 5th test when I arrive home again, and that's all providing every test is negative. This is simply too much testing for me and adds again a lot to the cost of travelling.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

https://thaiconsulatela.org/en/visa/coe/

Also, consider checking out google.com, yahoo.com, bing.com or even askjeeves.com

Cheers but I note that's not dated - also it says to apply for the COE 15 days prior to arriving which takes it past the expiration of COE acceptance and well into Thailand Pass territory ???

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

All in the price I guess. I checked out some places and saw 1 night was typically 4,000-6,000 for a decent place. I’m assuming that includes transport from airport and meals or meal? Many of these hotels were previously 2,000-4,000 prior to the arrangements for a one night quarantine stay so I assume the extra cost is for the food and transport. Possibly just the transport? I’m sure things will settle down and become clearer in the next week to 10 days….

Thanks - I've got 160kg of luggage coming (wifes make up) so they are welcome to the extra few baht !! 😄

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, SaMos75 said:

Yes, they will allow unvaccinated to board, but a negative PCR-test is required

Think the unvaccinated will have problems boarding (except children) as many airlines have bans on unvaccinated passengers. US, Australia and soon Canada in November that I am aware of.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Saunk said:

Both vaxxed and unvaxxed have to show proof of a negative test before boarding. Understand?

If the unvaxxed can buy a ticket, some airlines have banned unvaxxed

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

With the November 1 reopening approaching, Bangkok officials visited the Suvarnabhumi International Airport to review the procedures and Covid-19 preventative measures. Under the reopening plan, the quarantine period will be waived for travellers who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, travelling from countries classified by the Thai government as a “low risk” for the coronavirus, and test negative for the virus. (Click HERE for a list.) Those who are unvaccinated, or from a “high risk” country, will need to undergo a quarantine at an approved hotel. Bangkok Metropolitan Administration officials reviewed the procedures for travellers entering Thailand like QR code checkpoints […]

The story Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport prepares for November reopening as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I'm done for now. I'll check back in February to see how things went. Good luck.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Thanks - I've got 160kg of luggage coming (wifes make up) so they are welcome to the extra few baht !! 😄

You have a good one there mate. She travels light compared to some 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Best wait another month or so to see how things actually pan out on the ground.

I'm expecting yet more last minute changes.

Not pessimistic, it's being realistic.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Think the unvaccinated will have problems boarding (except children) as many airlines have bans on unvaccinated passengers. US, Australia and soon Canada in November that I am aware of.  

I travel domestically across north America and no vaccination or test is required. Just masking. Implementation in Canada has not been through parliament yet and may not succeed. Air Canada is already fighting the mandate in court. Delta CEO Ed Bastian just announced no vaccine mandate for his staff, same for Southwest Airlines. More and more airlines are backtracking from Biden’s executive order. Same for healthcare establishments (hospitals, long term care and dispensary). People prefer to loose their jobs than getting vaccinated. Even mainstream media start to change their narrative and admit the failure of the vaccination. Even school boards are backtracking on vaccination and masks. Many towns and cities have already organized alternate schooling by hiring teachers. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Soidog said:

All in the price I guess. I checked out some places and saw 1 night was typically 4,000-6,000 for a decent place. I’m assuming that includes transport from airport and meals or meal? Many of these hotels were previously 2,000-4,000 prior to the arrangements for a one night quarantine stay so I assume the extra cost is for the food and transport. Possibly just the transport? I’m sure things will settle down and become clearer in the next week to 10 days….

Currently have two friends staying in Phuket under the 7 day quarantine.
They both booked 'upmarket' hotels and paid less than 3,000 BHT for the 7 day duration. (400 BHT + per night)
Hotel price should be inclusive of their private transportation, or they advise the cost separately.
They should provide a link where you can book and pay for your PCR test on arrival.
Food is not inclusive of the prices quoted, (unless stated) but they can supply or order whilst you have to remain in your room for one night.

Prices quoted now are extortionately higher than those quoted a month ago.
It appears some are pricing the same for a 1 night stay as they previously were for a 7 night stay.
Perhaps this may change when we get beyond Nov 1st. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Faz said:

It appears some are pricing the same for a 1 night stay as they previously were for a 7 night stay.

Yes, this is what I noticed. The Phuket Sandbox prices were amazing value. The figures I quoted came from a link a member posted for SHA+ hotels in Bangkok for 1 night. As you say, hopefully they will reduce in the coming days?…

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Faz said:

Prices in Phuket are also high season prices now.

12 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Prices in Phuket are also high season prices now.

Yes of course. I forgot about that. The Bangkok prices still seem overly high, though that could be due to transport costs and additional cleaning costs for a one night stay? 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HighSo said:

Old normal?

Will never come back. I said this last year already. They called it „new normal“ for a reason. Because„normality“ is a situation which should never be questioned.

Brave new world full of masks, QR-Codes and Health Passes. Orwell would be proud. 

"Brave New World" actually attributable to Aldous Huxley rather than George Orwell but never mind😄. Orwell would undoubtedly doff his cap however, to Prayut and Co for their outstanding impersonation of the ThoughtPolice in their efforts to suppress the heinous amount of crimethink spreading in LOS. Lets see how this pans out in the grand re-opening

On 10/26/2021 at 3:46 PM, L-Dogg said:

Supposedly will be up and running by 9am on the 1st of November. I still applied for a COE just to be safe. It says apply 7 days before you arrive in Thailand, so lets say it actually works on the 1st, and I am scheduled to arrive on the 7th, so only 6 days to get it. I'm going to try for it also. but will be keeping my COE as backup.

Let us know how you got on with the pass and experience through the airport etc as many of us will be goi g soon.