News Forum - Health officials play down concerns over Thailand’s first case of Delta Plus variant

Thaiger

8 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

Get over it, protect and vaccinate the vulnerable and open everything.  

Agreed 100% - as long as it's in that order and you realise that "the vulnerable" are a third of the population, and that the only way to "protect the vulnerable" is for everyone to play their part.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Agreed 100% - as long as it's in that order and you realise that "the vulnerable" are a third of the population, and that the only way to "protect the vulnerable" is for everyone to play their part.

Hi Stonker. I agree. But it doesn't seem to be how we see or want it for our Thai wife or our kids. . It is at the decision of them whom are already pushing their BS Sinovac and or AZ safe being jabbed 50%, so in reality they don't care about our Thai spouses or our family as it looks as if they are only interested in what they think and say. They are wrong!. But from this standpoint from them, I hope that they rott in he ll for this. Cannot be any heaven from their wrath of selfish wrong. This is what I hear from my kids and wife. Sinocrap and AZ they can stuff this junk up their false rear-ends. They and most in CM do not want it and despise them now. This is from what I am seeing and hearing from the adults and the students and kids. There is so much of a F them going on now than I have ever seen and felt before. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Great sentiment Stoker. And I think that is why Thailand has lower numbers than in the west. No Karens here, just everyone caring about each other.

Beautiful people the Thais.

To be honest I think what we really need is a better vaccine. One that actually works and stops people from catching and spreading it.

Singapore, UK etc all have a high vaccination rate but have exploding numbers and still more deaths. The politicians have sold them a dummy.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

The politicians have sold them a dummy.

Well ... yes, as they've sold them that all that's needed are vaccines and then we can all go home for tea and medals.

It doesn't work that way, unfortunately, as that's just one factor albeit a vital one that you can't do without.

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Beautiful people the Thais.

To be honest I think what we really need is a better vaccine. One that actually works and stops people from catching and spreading it.

Singapore, UK etc all have a high vaccination rate but have exploding numbers and still more deaths. The politicians have sold them a dummy.

Yes the best people. And yes on your statement. But what is weird about not spreading it, it can live in all our throats, vaccinated or not for how you feel.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Poolie said:

China had less than 40 live cases yesterday, no deaths.  Hardly a 'wave.'

But point taken, get in early.

I have a friend who lives in China (Shanghai), he said covid hasn't really impacted them at all the past few months, they pretty much got rid of covid, so they must be doing something right

9 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

I am just waiting to tell my wife the Plus factor is now here faster than ever should have been. 

The Plus is surging and next will be Max. Some familiarity with naming convention

14 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

fears should never allow any government to steal your freedom to live. 

Very curious on how government is currently stealing your freedom to live?  

Peace

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Very curious on how government is currently stealing your freedom to live?  

Peace

So shuttering businesses, setting curfews, restricting travel and rejecting acquired immunity as a legitimate protection from covid is a normal thing for you. that is truly sad. especially given the fact that none of these draconian measures have prevented the spread.

4 hours ago, dj230 said:

I have a friend who lives in China (Shanghai), he said covid hasn't really impacted them at all the past few months, they pretty much got rid of covid, so they must be doing something right

Yes they have a country in a travel lockdown and some major cities going in and out of lockdowns and are controlling it to an extent. Can they maintain this control  indefinitely or are they going to have to join the world and open up with a population vaxxed with Sinovac ( proving next to useless) and Sinopharm.

Think they have boxed themselves into a corner on vaccination.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

So shuttering businesses, setting curfews, restricting travel and rejecting acquired immunity as a legitimate protection from covid is a normal thing for you. that is truly sad. especially given the fact that none of these draconian measures have prevented the spread.

Sorry if you or you loved ones businesses have been shut because of reduced tourism

You dont need to travel to "live".  Many businesses are decimated by new technologies every day, covid is decimating some as well.  

Yes the public safety measures have prevented the spread and are not draconian.  Draconian usually refers to the Nazis or Religious cults where offenses are dealt with by killing the offender

Are the bar or hotel workers and managers dying because of the lack of customers?  Things are getting better from what I see, 3rd wave is just since April, many other countries shut down businesses for over a year as they were hit earlier in 2020 instead of 2021

The US did the same during the Spanish flu in 1918.  Schools, shops, public gatherings, theaters, were all closed down.  100 years ago there were no conspiracy theorists spreading lies on social media, people actually followed protocols and the pandemic ended.  

Do not blame governments, they are following the only logic and advice science can give them. 

Edited by ExpatPattaya
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Sorry if you or you loved ones businesses have been shut because of reduced tourism

You dont need to travel to "live".  Many businesses are decimated by new technologies every day, covid is decimating some as well.  

Yes the public safety measures have prevented the spread and are not draconian.  Draconian usually refers to the Nazis or Religious cults where offenses are dealt with by killing the offender

Are the bar or hotel workers and managers dying because of the lack of customers?  Things are getting better from what I see, 3rd wave is just since April, many other countries shut down businesses for over a year as they were hit earlier in 2020 instead of 2021

The US did the same during the Spanish flu in 1918.  Schools, shops, public gatherings, theaters, were all closed down.  100 years ago there were no conspiracy theorists spreading lies on social media, people actually followed protocols and the pandemic ended.  

Do not blame governments, they are following the only logic and advice science can give them. 

You can live in irrational unfounded fear, as you pretend that the virus is very deadly and pretend there are no effective therapeutics while you flippantly dismiss the hundreds of millions of people livelihoods have been crushed by the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering nonsense pushed by government and media. 

I choose to see this as what it is.

A completely over the top unnecessary governmental tyrannical use of their asserted authority in response to this virus. 

Anyone remember Songkran? When the government played down the risk?

Let's not at least be cautious, because every decision they took worked out so well, right?

Ahoy! Full steam ahead. Who cares about a few sick or dead Thais when there's money to be made?! 😔

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Anyone remember Songkran? When the government played down the risk?

Let's not at least be cautious, because every decision they took worked out so well, right?

Ahoy! Full steam ahead. Who cares about a few sick or dead Thais when there's money to be made?! 😔

So only overweight sick and old people will die.. no problem then if the whole world doesn't get old ! 

Playing Delta plus down ? rings a bell as that is exactly what they did last year regarding the original Delta variant. Just look where their complacency/ignorance got them then !!

9 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

So only overweight sick and old people will die.. no problem then if the whole world doesn't get old ! 

Are you trolling now too? 🤣🤣🤣

What's the world coming to ? 🤔

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

dismiss the hundreds of millions of people livelihoods have been crushed by the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering nonsense pushed by government and media. 

I choose to see this as what it is.

Cannot be hundreds of millions of Thais as there are only 68 million total.  Many businesses open, restaurants and bars serving food, delivering food through grab, etc...  the new normal

It is science and their concern for public health and safety that suggested the lock-downs to the government.

5 million livelihoods have been crushed by deaths of family and friends from Covid 19 as well.  You can find another job (livelihood), but you only have one body to live in. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

... no problem then if the whole world doesn't get old ! 

Pete Townsend wrote, "Hope I die before I get old"  56 years ago, he is now 76.  Whats up with that 555

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Cannot be hundreds of millions of Thais as there are only 68 million total.  Many businesses open, restaurants and bars serving food, delivering food through grab, etc...  the new normal

It is science and their concern for public health and safety that suggested the lock-downs to the government.

5 million livelihoods have been crushed by deaths of family and friends from Covid 19 as well.  You can find another job (livelihood), but you only have one body to live in. 

I wasn't referring to just Thailand. 

If you are foolish enough to think that governments and politicians took these measures for the common good, you are very gullible. 

Remarkably so. 

45 minutes ago, gummy said:

Playing Delta plus down ? rings a bell as that is exactly what they did last year regarding the original Delta variant. Just look where their complacency/ignorance got them then !!

Also true for UK ,Europe  and US . 

Best to keep everything shut down or get therapeutics. 

32 minutes ago, LoongFred said:

Also true for UK ,Europe  and US . 

Best to keep everything shut down or get therapeutics. 

Lockdowns have done nothing but cause irreparable harm to the population and their lives. 

Just now, mcambl61 said:

Lockdowns have done nothing but cause irreparable harm to the population and their lives. 

I totally agree. Remember the AIDS crisis and how we got past it was therapeutics. Covid will be the same. Vaccines will only control the worst if it but it won't go 100% away. Once we have good use of therapeutics things will change. However, we must be willing to look at both old and new treatments. Just because a theraputic had other uses shouldn't automatically disqualify it. Tradition natural treatments should also be given an objective look.

The worse thing we can do is mandate vaccines for all. I personally believe in vaccines, and have encouraged others. Reactions have been noted and everyone she be advised on the pros and cons and decide for themselves.

7 hours ago, palooka said:

Yes they have a country in a travel lockdown and some major cities going in and out of lockdowns and are controlling it to an extent. Can they maintain this control  indefinitely or are they going to have to join the world and open up with a population vaxxed with Sinovac ( proving next to useless) and Sinopharm.

Think they have boxed themselves into a corner on vaccination.

they're doing pretty well with vaccines that dont work, surprisingly, nightlife hasn't been shutdown there, i can tell from my friends posts on instagram lol

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

I wasn't referring to just Thailand. 

If you are foolish enough to think that governments and politicians took these measures for the common good, you are very gullible. 

Remarkably so. 

And how many pandemics have you been through where no restrictions were in place?  As I mentioned many restrictions during the 1918 Spanish flu.  Why should the Covid-19 pandemic 101 years later be different? 

It still disturbs me that the former US president did not know why it is call Covid-19.  No one ever told him because it was first discovered/identified in 2019?  Such as idiot that guy was

• Like 1