News Forum - Thai PM defends plan to spend 100 million baht on New Year’s Eve celebrities

Thaiger

In normal times the Pop star would be a great idea but these are hardly normal times are they?? I can think of a lot more needy ways to spend 100m THB!! Its a good idea to look outside the box for entertainment but an opera singer in Thailand and in these times? 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 5:17 PM, Manu said:

That's a complete different story. Name me one single country that takes care of all their poor people?

1. My comment is regarding Thailand, dont really see what relevence of your comment here

2. maybe 100 million THB wouldnt go far helping 10% of the population so lets waste it on some bs

3. I can only refer to 2 countrys with some knowledge

i. Denmark as I have a Danish colleage here and we have disccussed the welfare system there, not too many living in slums there

ii. Australia   of course there are poor people but goverment suport is provided and absoluty no one has to go without support from the welfare system if its needed

Topic was temporarily locked to further posts as Moderators reviewed multiple posts on the thread. Several posts have been removed for breach of the following:

"The forum values and welcomes diverse opinions. So, it is likely you will come across opinions you do not agree with! It is fine to disagree with and challenge opinions, ideas, and facts. Attacking another member because their opinion differs, is not."

Conversation had lost association with the topic in the process.

Members are requested to ensure posts meet all Forum Guidelines and are reflective of the topic.