News Forum - Government’s domestic tour package subsidy receives lukewarm response

Thaiger

A tour package subsidy scheme aimed at domestic travellers is so far failing to prove popular with either tourists or tour operators. Tour Teaw Thai provides a 40% subsidy on tour packages up to 5,000 baht to 1 million people, but Chotechuang Soorangura from NS Travel and Tours says the conditions are proving a deterrent. “Locals find the hotel subsidy is easier to use, with more flexibility that meets their travel lifestyle, unlike package tour purchases which cannot be postponed except for force majeure.” According to a Bangkok Post report, just 383 tour packages were sold between October 8 and […]

The story Government’s domestic tour package subsidy receives lukewarm response as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How can this be? After all the nonsense and confusions from the Thai government during the past two years, I TOTALLY did NOT see this coming! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well, at least there's some good news ... now if only the hotel subsidy scheme was an equal failure, then there would be time to get the country vaccinated properly instead of trying to run before you can walk.

• Like 4

The Daily let's bash TAT thread. Last year's 50/50 scheme was very successful and many hotels were getting back on their feet.

Unfortunately that all came to a screeching halt when the UK alpha strain ripped through Thailand followed by the delta strain.

They are trying everything to get this industry back in its feet while balancing the need for limiting the spread.

I wish them and all the Thai people luck. Some will want them to fail so they can gloat. Nasty.

• Like 1

worked ok for me ( with my Thai gf of course). stayed 3 nights in Koh Chang during the recent long weekend and as it was difficult to get a  place booked, I would assume the scheme is quite popular.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

The Daily let's bash TAT thread. Last year's 50/50 scheme was very successful and many hotels were getting back on their feet.

Unfortunately that all came to a screeching halt when the UK alpha strain ripped through Thailand followed by the delta strain.

They are trying everything to get this industry back in its feet while balancing the need for limiting the spread.

I wish them and all the Thai people luck. Some will want them to fail so they can gloat. Nasty.

The Daily let's bash TT users post.

If TAT were to propose that tourists must wear government-controlled exploding thought collars, I think you would be on here demanding their use and extolling their virtues.

I too wish the Thai people luck, but am quite tired of the daily slur; It is nasty.

Give it a rest, mate.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Here's a plan...take all the money you were planning to spend on the hotel/local tourism subsidy and spend it on vaccinating the poorest of the poor throughout the country. Support charities that are trying to feed the poor.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RobMuir said:

" They are trying everything to get industry back on its feet " So why has the Thai Government withheld 3 Million donated Polish vaccines from Thammasat University Rob is this helping the Thai people ?.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Jason said:

Here's a plan...take all the money you were planning to spend on the hotel/local tourism subsidy and spend it on vaccinating the poorest of the poor throughout the country. Support charities that are trying to feed the poor.

According to one member on here Jason there are no poor people needing food.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vlad said:

" They are trying everything to get industry back on its feet " So why has the Thai Government withheld 3 Million donated Polish vaccines from Thammasat University Rob is this helping the Thai people ?.

TAT was responsible for that? You are confused.

Next you will be blaming TAT for buying submarines and the coup.

50 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

TAT was responsible for that? You are confused.

Next you will be blaming TAT for buying submarines and the coup.

Instead of deflecting Rob answer the questions ?? or as i think your just out causing trouble by slagging off other country's. Ill give you another chance why has the Cabinet withheld the Polish Donated vaccine ? and are you happy with Chan o Cha's Pandemic efforts. Two simple questions.

1 hour ago, vlad said:

Instead of deflecting Rob answer the questions ?? or as i think your just out causing trouble by slagging off other country's.

I was responding to the constant slagging off off Thailand. Just a comparison.

1 hour ago, vlad said:

Ill give you another chance why has the Cabinet withheld the Polish Donated vaccine ? and are you happy with Chan o Cha's Pandemic efforts. Two simple questions.

1)I don't know. TAT are not cabinet. I said TAT are doing they can to get tourism up and running. I didn't say the government were. 

2)yes. The score is on the board. I have been double vaxxed and was months earlier than I would have been in Australia. And I have had 6 covid tests.

Now 2 questions for you.

1) How is the death rate per million in your country? Higher or lower than Thailand.

2) How many times have you been tested? If you haven't been tested, why not?  Everyone is harping on about Thailand not testing enough, but they seem to think everyone else should be.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Shade_Wilder said:

The Daily let's bash TT users post.

If TAT were to propose that tourists must wear government-controlled exploding thought collars, I think you would be on here demanding their use and extolling their virtues.

I too wish the Thai people luck, but am quite tired of the daily slur; It is nasty.

Give it a rest, mate.

You don't think the incessant whining and moaning in every single thread on this forum is nasty?

75% of the members on here come off as miserable bastards...........just the most miserable people you can encounter.

All you need to do is look at @JamesE thread on successfully going to Phuket for proof of the miserableness of this forum

8 replies, that's it...............none of the miserable bastards on here want to talk about a positive success story.

Or ask his opinion on how he did it or how it is on the ground.

No,, they'd rather bitch and moan about a  country they are all obsessed with...................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

All you need to do is look at @JamesE thread on successfully going to Phuket for proof of the miserableness of this forum

8 replies, that's it...............none of the miserable bastards on here want to talk about a positive success story.

Or ask his opinion on how he did it or how it is on the ground.

Do you have a link for that?

I may well be confusing him with someone else (again), in which case I apologise in advance, but I thought he went home early as his holiday was so "miserable".

• Haha 1

iv'e had 2 shots and just waiting on my Booster Rob why should i get tested ?? only need it if i want to leave the Country. The numbers again yes we had a lot of death's and we still are but its no where near how we were in Jan. Anyone who believe's the true figures given out for Thailand ? nobody believe's anything given out from Government agencies. Do you honestly believe Chan o Cha or Anutin would give out the real true figures. We in the UK had top vaccines and the most up to date medical care yet many were lost even now with many double jabbed and nearly 90% totally inoculated  we are still seeing over 150 a day dying from Covid related incidents so how the hell can you expect the numbers being pumped out by the Thai government be believed when they used a vaccine that did not prevent The Delta variant and even worse a decent vaccine there refusing to give out.

• Like 2

Stonker who is going to fly for over 13 hours to sit in A hotel for your stay, because there is no Entertainment. You can sit on a beach for a few hours through the daytime but what do you do at night time once you've eaten. There is no point debating with you Rob because you just deflect and ignore the questions put to you. We call it fudging Rob when we don't want to answer a question.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Was that your daily Lets bash the UK post ?

Do you think you're a lone wolf for a reason ? ie you are just too dense to see what everyone else can see ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I was responding to the constant slagging off off Thailand. Just a comparison.

1)I don't know. TAT are not cabinet. I said TAT are doing they can to get tourism up and running. I didn't say the government were. 

2)yes. The score is on the board. I have been double vaxxed and was months earlier than I would have been in Australia. And I have had 6 covid tests.

Now 2 questions for you.

1) How is the death rate per million in your country? Higher or lower than Thailand.

2) How many times have you been tested? If you haven't been tested, why not?  Everyone is harping on about Thailand not testing enough, but they seem to think everyone else should be.

It's a Thailand forum - you understand that right ? The clues on the home page.

Blind adulation is patently ridiculous in this case - I am usually a sturdy supporter of Thailand and its people but if you can't see their handling of the covid pandemic has been an enormous clusterf*** headed by your boyfriend Anutin from start to finish then you need help. 

You dodged the question previously as to why Thailand went from 3rd in the world (we now know with hindsight was due more due to luck than judgement) to 3rd bottom in the world when the shit hit the fan - maybe you would like to answer it now ? Now why do you think that is ? Take your time.

The 'harping on about Thailand testing' is purely to put credibility into the deaths/infections/hospitalisations figures that your junta put out, without which they are completely meaningless - its truly baffling how you find it so difficult for basic stuff like that to sink in. It is utterly futile to drag up your made up figures if you haven't got the lets say terms of reference to attach them to. Utterly futile but I'm sure that's not going to stop you making them up. What's slightly ironic is you are using the figures from the well tested countries you hate to base your fabrications on !

Now about that 'Thailand is TEN TIMES' better than the western nations claim - want to revisit that ?

35 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Do you have a link for that?

I may well be confusing him with someone else (again), in which case I apologise in advance, but I thought he went home early as his holiday was so "miserable".

sorry I thought I did link it, my bad

My point is, here is a guy that did it and no one has any interest in that thread

No one wants to ask him how, or how it is on the ground......

Of course not, because it is something positive.......

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, vlad said:

Stonker who is going to fly for over 13 hours to sit in A hotel for your stay, because there is no Entertainment. You can sit on a beach for a few hours through the daytime but what do you do at night time once you've eaten. There is no point debating with you Rob because you just deflect and ignore the questions put to you. We call it fudging Rob when we don't want to answer a question.

Many people on the ground have said there are places open where you can get drinks and entertainment

But of course, you ignore that...............it doesn't fit your agenda

24 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Was that your daily Lets bash the UK post ?

Do you think you're a lone wolf for a reason ? ie you are just too dense to see what everyone else can see ?

I retired in my 30s because I could see what others were to dense to see.

When it comes to covid it makes more sense to bash the UK than Thailand.

Melbourne, where I am from was locked down because the Alpha strain. Thailand where I live had a similar issue. People died.

But I have to read hear everyday a whole lot of Englishmen complaining endlessly about Thailand. It is a bit off mate. Pull your head in and take a look in the mirror 

Then get back to me 

9 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

My point is, here is a guy that did it and no one has any interest in that thread

No one wants to ask him how, or how it is on the ground......

Of course not, because it is something positive.......

Positivity just confuses them.

Nothing to harp on about.

They need help. 

42 minutes ago, vlad said:

Bars are open in Phuket. Please keep up.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, vlad said:

Stonker who is going to fly for over 13 hours to sit in A hotel for your stay, because there is no Entertainment. You can sit on a beach for a few hours through the daytime but what do you do at night time once you've eaten. 

Ummm ..... if I recall correctly, not @JamesE 😯!

I was just finding it hard to understand how someone going home early from a holiday because they weren't enjoying it could be a "positive success story".

Personally, I haven't left Thailand for nearly fifteen years as I've had no reason or wish to, I've  been living here for nearly thirty years so nearly half my life, there's nowhere else in the world I'd sooner be and nobody I'd sooner be with, and I haven't met or spoken to anyone other than Thais for at least a couple of years which hasn't made much difference to me one way or the other.

Whether that's "positive" or not depends on your POV.