Bizarre Thai food only for the brave

Thaiger

A visit to Thailand is never complete without tasting its delicious food. Thai food is known to be delicious and incorporates the five primary flavours: sour, spicy, salty, sweet, and bitter. However, there’s more to Thailand’s culinary scene than tom yum (hot and sour soup), green and red curry, and som tum (papaya salad). You might be surprised to see that many unusual things are eaten in the Land of Smiles. Most of these strange Thai foods are local favourites. If you’re brave enough to try them, you might find that they’re very flavourful. So, if you want to delve […]

The story Bizarre Thai food only for the brave as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Paco said:

first one the green beans, my ex wife loved them, however the next day her breath, farts all smell to it, terrible... maybe that is why now my EX wife 🤔🤣

If you are talking about the green bean like seeds extracted from the giant pods from a tree I can sympathize.

The trick is to eat them too! Not as nice taste as the smaller version that to me taste like fresh garden peas but ok. lol

1 hour ago, Paco said:

first one the green beans, my ex wife loved them, however the next day her breath, farts all smell to it, terrible... maybe that is why now my EX wife 🤔🤣

It makes your urine stink also.

I met a girl once in Pattaya who had just arrived from Sakhon Nakhon. She was very shy and didn't speak a word of English. 

I asked if she would like to try some western food. She agreed. So I asked if she would like to try a Hot Dog. She said she really would.

When we got there she looked a bit scared and was looking at the hotdogs quite worriedly. I ask her if anything was wrong.

She said "Sorry Robbie, in my village we don't eat that part of the dog.

• Haha 2

Think i have tasted all of them except no6 pig brain and no2 dancing shrimp ,

was quite good and will take care of no2 and no6 next trip if i have time to go to Esaan ;)

My wife's family goes out at night and catches dozens of little frogs. They gut them and roast them whole until they're dry and crispy. They love to eat them head and all. I'm sorry but that's not for me. 

Ant eggs are another northern delicacy that I'm not fond of. Just give me plain old heat in a papaya salad with fish, chicken, and pork.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

She said "Sorry Robbie, in my village we don't eat that part of the dog.

So I gave up and she said she would prefer Thai food. She was hot as and I was trying to act cool, so I agreed. 

So we we ended up at a Noodle soup with fish balls shop. 

I don't know what type of fish they were but I was impressed by the size of them. Must be a big fish I reckon.

The day we had Noodle soup with Pork balls. They were good too.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Slacker77 said:

Think i have tasted all of them except no6 pig brain and no2 dancing shrimp ,

9 minutes ago, Mred said:

After living in Thailand for over 10 years, the only dishes ive never seen or tried are the tadpoles and pig brain

Me too, never tadpoles or pigs brain.

The dancing shrimp are fairly common in markets. 

Surprised the list didn't include the popular raw liver or any of the various insects.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, ThailandBob said:

My wife's family goes out at night and catches dozens of little frogs. They gut them and roast them whole until they're dry and crispy. They love to eat them head and all. I'm sorry but that's not for me. 

Ant eggs are another northern delicacy that I'm not fond of. Just give me plain old heat in a papaya salad with fish, chicken, and pork.

We also eat the frogs in central java, called “swikee”. Tastes good!

• 2 months later...
On 10/25/2021 at 1:25 AM, Thaiger said:

A visit to Thailand is never complete without tasting its delicious food. Thai food is known to be delicious and incorporates the five primary flavours: sour, spicy, salty, sweet, and bitter. However, there’s more to Thailand’s culinary scene than tom yum (hot and sour soup), green and red curry, and som tum (papaya salad). You might be surprised to see that many unusual things are eaten in the Land of Smiles. Most of these strange Thai foods are local favourites. If you’re brave enough to try them, you might find that they’re very flavourful. So, if you want to delve […]

The story Bizarre Thai food only for the brave as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

All of this food looks delicious and is making me hungry.