News Forum - Thai government presents actor Russell Crowe with “thank you” gift basket

Thaiger

Hollywood actor Russell Crowe has met with Thai government officials during his much-publicised travels around Bangkok. The Bangkok Post reports that Culture Minister Itthiphol Kunplome presented the actor with a gift and flowers to thank him for his positive promotion of Thailand. Crowe, who is filming a movie in Thailand, has tweeted his 2.7 million followers about the friendliness of Thais and the “very cool” Phuket sandbox. “The Thai government has this very cool thing in place. It’s called Sandbox Quarantine. If you are fully vaccinated, you can fly to Phuket and move around the island freely.” Itthiphol met Crowe […]

The story Thai government presents actor Russell Crowe with “thank you” gift basket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

5 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The Thai government has this very cool thing in place. It’s called Sandbox Quarantine.

I'd demand a bit more than a gift basket to say that😂.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Yup, a pathetic government that’s what it is. Try spending more time and funds on doing real work rather than lackadaisical publicity stunts. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

I thought it was a nice gesture if nothing else. They didn’t have to do it after all, and it sure looks like he appreciated it. 

He did appreciate it.

He is enjoying his time in Thailand.

He experienced the sandbox and it worked well for him.

However, some on this forum will have a problem with that. Positivity just confuses them. They only know how to complain endlessly and will attempt to turn it negative.

They need help.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Minister Itthiphol Kunplome presented the actor with flowers

I heard the rumours about Ittiphol years ago and after meeting him thought to myself that he might be.

With his father's passing I thought he might come out.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Hollywood actor Russell Crowe has met with Thai government officials during his much-publicised travels around Bangkok. The Bangkok Post reports that Culture Minister Itthiphol Kunplome presented the actor with a gift and flowers to thank him for his positive promotion of Thailand. Crowe, who is filming a movie in Thailand, has tweeted his 2.7 million followers about the friendliness of Thais and the “very cool” Phuket sandbox. “The Thai government has this very cool thing in place. It’s called Sandbox Quarantine. If you are fully vaccinated, you can fly to Phuket and move around the island freely.” Itthiphol met Crowe […]

The story Thai government presents actor Russell Crowe with “thank you” gift basket as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, Gavinski said:

Good on you Russ

10 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

He did appreciate it.

He is enjoying his time in Thailand.

He experienced the sandbox and it worked well for him.

However, some on this forum will have a problem with that. Positivity just confuses them. They only know how to complain endlessly and will attempt to turn it negative.

They need help.

Forums seem to attract negative people. Maybe only place they can vent their gloom.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Only negative is they had to throw in the big dong dong's name saying it was from him.

Ittiphol is ok. It is a bit dodgy how he ended up being the Minister for Tourism though.

Kawinnart Takee, from Future Forward won Pattaya in the last election. Ittiphol whose family members always easily won Pattaya previously joined the Green team after a lot of pressure from Uncle prayut and were punished by the voters. 

Funny situation because when Uncle Prayut seized power with the coup he kicked out his brother Sontiya. But then needed him to win Pattaya but it backfired on them and Kawinnart won it.

But Ittiphol still ended up as Tourism minister. 

10 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Ittiphol is ok. It is a bit dodgy how he ended up being the Minister for Tourism though.

Kawinnart Takee, from Future Forward won Pattaya in the last election. Ittiphol whose family members always easily won Pattaya previously joined the Green team after a lot of pressure from Uncle prayut and were punished by the voters. 

Funny situation because when Uncle Prayut seized power with the coup he kicked out his brother Sontiya. But then needed him to win Pattaya but it backfired on them and Kawinnart won it.

But Ittiphol still ended up as Tourism minister. 

It is a nice gesture and realistically is the Thai way. I am really glad el fathead did not try to take the PR opportunity spotlight and someone else was able to do it.

There's only one problem with the gift. The flowers won't make it passed quarantine. And whatever else is there probably won't either. Australia has very strict biosecurity laws. He'll just have to go back to Thailand in the future :D

3 hours ago, Fanta said:

The gift basket was a pay off for not throwing a hissy fit in a hotel. And he’s a New Zealander, not an Australian. 

Kiwis - we call them Kiwis - after their national flightless bird.  Or 'sheep shaggers' when they annoy us too much, such as when (yet again) the All Blacks beat us at Rugby.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

who is this guy?

Lead actor in the movie Romper stomper which glorified bashing Asians in Australia. He is very famous.

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

It is a nice gesture and realistically is the Thai way. I am really glad el fathead

Lovely people the Thais. Ittiphol speaks English well, Prayut can not despite once claiming he read an English book in one night.

One good thing about living here as a long nosed whitey is they don't have the racism that is prevalent back home. No Thai skinheads or far right Thai supremacists.

It is very safe.

• Haha 2

He is a Kiwi (some of the funniest inebriated culture I've ever woken up with a hangover with) I would have thought this would have been a more appropriate gift:

gb6128_bwts.jpg

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Fanta said:

The gift basket was a pay off for not throwing a hissy fit in a hotel. And he’s a New Zealander, not an Australian. 

New Zealander, Australian, Argentinian, Austrian, Canadian. What difference does it make. He’s from Faranglamd so which Thai will even notice, let alone care. Mind you, don’t ever call a Thai Cambodian or Laotian, you could end up with a real fight on your hands.   

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

New Zealander, Australian, Argentinian, Austrian, Canadian. What difference does it make. He’s from Faranglamd so which Thai will even notice, let alone care. Mind you, don’t ever call a Thai Cambodian or Laotian, you could end up with a real fight on your hands.   

I didn’t know that Thais read the Thaiger news in English. Thanks for the heads up. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

Mind you, don’t ever call a Thai Cambodian or Laotian, you could end up with a real fight on your hands.   

Really? I have asked Thais are they Loa before. As in from Issan.

And Khmen, if they are from southern Issan.

Probably hundreds of times. Always just given a yes or no answer. Never any real fights.

One Northern Thai friend calls me a "Farang Loa"  a lot because I eat a lot of Issan food.

Most Thais have no issue with Laos or Cambodia. The same can't be said about the Burmese though, many Thais don't like them at all.

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

Apart from the Military running the country. 

Going around bashing farangers? Right.

Where in Thailand exactly are you?