News Forum - Tourism calls for Russia and India to be added to safe list

Thaiger

20 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Not to sound biased with what is a delicate issue but I would not allow African nations entry. Most countries are less than 5 % vaccinated. When I would return home after work duty in Kenya, Uganda, Cameroon and Gabon all passengers disembarking had to report to airport health authorities. Very few had yellow fever, meningitis, cholera etc vaccinations. It was pre covid but I felt sympathy for the authorities trying to reason with the arrivals from high risk areas.

The contemporary equivalent is nationals from certain countries being trotted off to report to health authorities at the airport. The question is, what should be the criteria for determining which countries deserve to be on the safe list? And which countries are the “high risk areas” ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YesNoMaybe said:

Lol, " ill allow both" hahaha. Is it a comical forum?

They already there. Russians comin in Phuket since august. One test and then they roaming around, coughin on anglo bystanders))).

and from 1st november they are gonna hang out in Pattaya on a same sandbox. Free to roam since day ONE.

They already selling charters to Pattaya from november 9.

the problem is a second test. 

U Still have a test on a way out. But for some reason(thais prolly think russians are richest) u need to do one more in the middle of ur vacation.

....outside of the sandbox....

The article was referring to nations to be placed on the safe list not those already entering.

If you've read some of the other threads you'd soon realize that China, India and Russia brings the numbers but should they be entering via Don Muang and Suwanaphum airports and then travel OUTSIDE sandboxes.

Edited by mickkotlarski
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

The contemporary equivalent is nationals from certain countries being trotted off to report to health authorities at the airport. The question is, what should be the criteria for determining which countries deserve to be on the safe list? And which countries are the “high risk areas” ?

Agreed. Transparency would go a long way.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Outside where? U all gonna hude in Udon Thani from now on?

Just checked, Sorry mates. Udon Thani is a same sandbox.

Edited by YesNoMaybe
Correction
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, YesNoMaybe said:

Outside where? U all gonna hude in Udon Thani from now on?

Just checked, Sorry mates. Udon Thani is a same sandbox.

Ohhhh. Now I see. So the sandbox allows unlimited travel around the country? As I understood it all could enter via a sandbox if criteria were met and after a designated period allowed unrestricted movement.

Whats Udon get to do with it?

As I said this is the safe list in discussion and which nations should be included.

You're preaching to the converted about sandboxes. These discussions were held much earlier.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Ohhhh. Now I see. So the sandbox allows unlimited travel around the country? As I understood it all could enter via a sandbox if criteria were met and after a designated period allowed unrestricted movement.

Whats Udon get to do with it?

As I said this is the safe list in discussion and which nations should be included.

You're preaching to the converted about sandboxes. These discussions were held much earlier.

So wheres the logic then? 

Russian can spend a whole week in BKK. Roam around, meeting people. Busses, subways, taxis. It doesnt make sense. What if he got contagious on a plane? And it didnt show up on 1 test?

He can eff up a lot of people. However he is free to roam since day one.

And what is a "lowrisk" advantage? That u can travel in Chiangmai? On a second day? So low risk can  This is bs.

I can understand if they wouldnt let russians to leave phuket for 2 weeks straight. But in these conditions its only look like a way to milk russians for one extra test.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dprasad said:

India sofar achieved 1billion doses shots to its citizens.. We are the leaders of vaccination.... 

What source did you use?

Reuters reports only 21.9% of Indian citizens fully vaccinated. These are official figures released by Indian medical authorities.

How can you be leading the world? Sure the authorities are working hard to combat the pandemic but the only thing India has lead the world in wrt covid is a new strain mutating that is deadlier than the original virus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

so that would indicated no more than 36% of the Indian population is double vaccinated and most likely much less? How does that make India leaders of vaccination? Leaders in what way? 

Probably leaders in donating/exporting vaccines 😀.  Had they gone slow or reneged on their AZ exports in the early days they would have had a much better vaccine rate by now.

As per ourworldindata India is at 22% fully vaxed and 52% single dosed.  They have given over a billion doses though and vax rates in urban areas are much higher than the national average.

(BTW, the 2 Indians on their way are fully vaxxed 😄)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, YesNoMaybe said:

So wheres the logic then? 

Russian can spend a whole week in BKK. Roam around, meeting people. Busses, subways, taxis. It doesnt make sense. What if he got contagious on a plane? And it didnt show up on 1 test?

He can eff up a lot of people. However he is free to roam since day one.

And what is a "lowrisk" advantage? That u can travel in Chiangmai? On a second day? So low risk can  This is bs.

I can understand if they wouldnt let russians to leave phuket for 2 weeks straight. But in these conditions its only look like a way to milk russians for one extra test.

Finally. Maybe now you can understand why they shouldn't be allowed on the safe list.

Agreed fully about it being BS/PA. 90%+. When it comes to entry requirements is a load of BB's and simply squeezing a few more bucks into a covid hit government economy from covid hit economically affected sods.

As for the low risk advantage...kindly explain it to me and we'll both know.

I'm sticking with my guns and I would not allow Russia or India on the safe list. But unlike yourself its not hatred its because of lack of vaccination and high death rates. And also some dodgy lack of transparency from India.

If it was number of infected then the UK may not have made the list but their vaccination % tests performed is far better.

But then whats the point of discussing it. The government may change it all by the end of the week anyway.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

The article was referring to nations to be placed on the safe list not those already entering.

If you've read some of the other threads you'd soon realize that China, India and Russia brings the numbers but should they be entering via Don Muang and Suwanaphum airports and then travel OUTSIDE sandboxes.

I don't think the Chinese, Indian or Russian tourists are interested in the interiors of Thailand.  Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket & Samui (all in the Sandbox) are more than enough for them.  So I guess the Indians and Russians are definitely joining the party. All 4 of them!

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Brownie said:

I don't think the Chinese, Indian or Russian tourists are interested in the interiors of Thailand.  Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket & Samui (all in the Sandbox) are more than enough for them.  So I guess the Indians and Russians are definitely joining the party. All 4 of them!

Comment of the day.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Finally. Maybe now you can understand why they shouldn't be allowed on the safe list.

Agreed fully about it being BS/PA. 90%+. When it comes to entry requirements is a load of BB's and simply squeezing a few more bucks into a covid hit government economy from covid hit economically affected sods.

As for the low risk advantage...kindly explain it to me and we'll both know.

I'm sticking with my guns and I would not allow Russia or India on the safe list. But unlike yourself its not hatred its because of lack of vaccination and high death rates. And also some dodgy lack of transparency from India.

If it was number of infected then the UK may not have made the list but their vaccination % tests performed is far better.

But then whats the point of discussing it. The government may change it all by the end of the week anyway.

Same logic again. UK has more cases per 100k than Russin. 4 times more. 67 percent vaccinated.

Ur vaccines doesnt mean a thing in aspects of containment. Double vaxed, triple vaxed, booster vaxed. U still can be contagious. 

The only thing that valuable on that plane to thailand is a PCR test.

1635075153300.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Tourism groups in major travel hubs are calling on the government to add Russia and India to the list of approved countries, believing it will massively boost the number

Nah, nobody is saying that. Only the writer of this article who is claiming "tourism groups in major travel hubs" are believing or have said that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, YesNoMaybe said:

Same logic again. UK has more cases per 100k than Russin. 4 times more. 67 percent vaccinated.

Ur vaccines doesnt mean a thing in aspects of containment. Double vaxed, triple vaxed, booster vaxed. U still can be contagious. 

The only thing that valuable on that plane to thailand is a PCR test.

1635075153300.jpg

Bingo!!!! Without trying to sound like an anti vaxxer but this one you got plum LBW. 

Strange actually but after all the hot air we were actually on the same page in many ways.

Hey thanks for the graph.

Problem is we may be seeing more of these eyesores. Scary when you think about it.

18 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Bingo!!!! Without trying to sound like an anti vaxxer but this one you got plum LBW. 

Strange actually but after all the hot air we were actually on the same page in many ways.

Hey thanks for the graph.

Problem is we may be seeing more of these eyesores. Scary when you think about it.

If it would be honest from a beginning there'd be no problems.

"We dont like indians becouse we afraid indians. We dont like russains to come becouse we need a scape goat to justify US and UK. And we had no idea Slovakia and Slovenia are two different countries"

No problems

But when Thais start to bs with statistics this and that, this is what get to my nerve.

UK in? 45k cases per 80mil? 4 times more than in Russia? And Russia is a bad apple? Whaaaaaat? Yeah, u can gfy thailand. Have fun. I think this romance is over.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

7 minutes ago, YesNoMaybe said:

"We dont like indians becouse we afraid indians. We dont like russains to come becouse we need a scape goat to justify US and UK. And we had no idea Slovakia and Slovenia are two different countries"

No problems

But when Thais start to bs with statistics this and that, this is what get to my nerve.

UK in? 45k cases per 80mil? 4 times more than in Russia? And Russia is a bad apple? Whaaaaaat? Yeah, u can gfy thailand. Have fun. I think this romance is over.

Well. it's been lovely.

Take care now. Goodbye.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, YesNoMaybe said:

No problems

Absof++kingpositively. Totally agree. 

Nearly all the misunderstanding and b+llocks that goes with it is lack of decisiveness and lack of transparency.

Still shocked about Singapore graph that you passed on from Dr.Eli David,

I haven't followed the trends of Singers and didn't expect this.

6 hours ago, Khun said:

An ozzie is annoyed? " i am not sure about india"!! It has vaccinated 1 billion people, what do you not know?  Except racism of course from a coubtry with just 23 pr is it 24 million people and one of the lowest vacc rates despite this small.number

Nope, india has given out 1 billion jabs.

Which is impressiv, but: that would be "just" 500 million fully vaccinated people, in  a community of about 1.4 Billion.

And it is "only" 250 million fully vaccinated people, mostly with an vaccine that is not even accepted by the WHO, yet.

And the WHO has a accepted sinovacs coronavac.

Which needs boosters with another "not so good vaccine", Az, to keep people save to the indian mut..., eh, the Delta mutation.

Russia and India, big markets for ThIlands tourism.industry. i think, they will find a way around the precaution. As soon the vaccination ratio in  Thailand gets up, they will accept that little risk. For the working people in the tourist destinations

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dasoba said:

This article really annoyed me. I’m an Aussie with tickets booked for my Thai wife and myself to travel back to Thailand early next year, and I am hoping to retire in Thailand shortly thereafter.

Why I am annoyed is that, as the article clearly pointed out, Russia is miles behind with its vaccination levels, with only about 33% fully vaccinated, and I’m not sure about India.
To me, I read this statement from the tourism bosses is “we don’t care about the physical health of the Thai people or those visitors who have gone to the trouble of being fully vaccinated. All we want is the money, and if it brings more Covid-19 into Thailand, we’ll as long as we get the money, that’s good enough for us!”

If it’s good enough to add Russia to your list of “safe countries” then why have a list at all, you might as well let anyone in!

We in the UK are over 80% fully vaccinated and now the booster jab is being rolled out, I will get mine next month.

This means we are protected by the vaccine from being seriously ill but we can still get the virus and pass it on to others.

So we tourists will be free to go wherever we want in Thailand, so hotel staff, street vendors etc will increase in numbers and more and more people will be coming in contact with each other passing on the virus, they will at some point visit the towns and villages they come from and pass it on.

It is going to be a disaster in the next few months for Thailand due to the small number of people who have been vaccinated there.

It makes no difference to the health of Thai people if a tourist is vaccinated or not as the vaccine protects only them, they can still get and pass on the virus. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jason said:

I rarely comment on comments but Khun needs to check his statement. At the moment, Australia is busily vaccinating people. Check the current stats on vaccination in my country. We have just surpassed the US per capita. You will say that's easy to do in a country with our population. But have you considered the area over which that population is spread?? Remote communities in our country are literally hundreds of kilometers apart. Type into google how many times your country would fit into Australia in terms of area. Maybe then, you will realise the enormity of the task for us. We will reach 80% double dosed and I have no concerns about the accuracy of the data....

Ok, your country is a continent with a lot of space. Literally, 'caus 80% of the population is living in the southeast "corner" of it. If I remember that right. 

3 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Ok, your country is a continent with a lot of space. Literally, 'caus 80% of the population is living in the southeast "corner" of it. If I remember that right. 

And the vast majority of the rest of the county is filled with kangaroos and wild camels, oh there is Mr and Mrs Smith living in the desert too but they have been vaccinated already. 🤣

5 hours ago, YesNoMaybe said:

I wonder if local intellectuals understand the concept of vaccine.

If u vaccinated with pcr and u board a plane then what difference what country u fly from?

And by the way U can arrive from a zero vaccine country and be negative and fly from UK and be positive double jabbed lad.

I tend to believe, that the possibility, for a double vaccinated lad, ro get sick and will.occupy an ICU bed in Thailand, is a lot less, s for an unvaccinated  lad, who can get infected by an vaccinated , asymtomatic local.

Dont forget, Thailand is a honeypot for elder  people, pensioners. People who are, even fully vaccinated, on the top of the covid virus target list.

As much the hospitals would like the money, there are just not enough ICU respirator  beds in this country. For a full high season number of tourists from all over the world

21 minutes ago, JamesR said:

We in the UK are over 80% fully vaccinated and now the booster jab is being rolled out, I will get mine next month.

This means we are protected by the vaccine from being seriously ill but we can still get the virus and pass it on to others.

So we tourists will be free to go wherever we want in Thailand, so hotel staff, street vendors etc will increase in numbers and more and more people will be coming in contact with each other passing on the virus, they will at some point visit the towns and villages they come from and pass it on.

It is going to be a disaster in the next few months for Thailand due to the small number of people who have been vaccinated there.

It makes no difference to the health of Thai people if a tourist is vaccinated or not as the vaccine protects only them, they can still get and pass on the virus. 

The Thai peoples problem is not the tourists.

As a Doctor Kusak ones told for the Phuket sandbox: Dont worry the international tourists, you have to worry the domestic travellers!

Till now ,he was right. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

The Thai peoples problem is not the tourists.

As a Doctor Kusak ones told for the Phuket sandbox: Dont worry the international tourists, you have to worry the domestic travellers!

Till now ,he was right. 

And included in my comment was there will be many extra Thais working in hotels etc as there will be more jobs available once the tourist arrive.

They  will travel back to their home to visit family, they are the domestic Thai travellers who will pass the virus onto their families. 

I truly don't understand why they need Indian tourists... They obviously never experienced staying in a hotel that has Indian guests and never seen groups of 5 men sharing a bottle of Leo from the 7/11 and indefinitely haggle for getting one girl for 5 men.

• Like 2