News Forum - Covid-19 Sunday: Deaths fall to low of 56, provincial data

Thaiger

Today, the CCSA reported 9,351 new Covid-19 infections, down 391 since yesterday, and a long-time low of 56 Coronavirus-related deaths, down 18 from yesterday. Since April 1, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, a total of 1,821,619 confirmed Covid-19 infections have been reported.     In the 24 hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported 10,098 recoveries, up 84 from yesterday. There are now 101,000 people currently receiving treatment for Covid-19, down 803 from yesterday, including 2,432 in the ICU and 546 on ventilators.     Of the new Covid-19 infections, 139 were found […]

The story Covid-19 Sunday: Deaths fall to low of 56, provincial data as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just looking at  the figures for prisons. With an "official" population of 217k, this means 1 in every three prisoners have been infected, If "prisons" was a province, it would have the 4th highest number of infections, and I would guess, the highest per capita rates for infections, I'm too lazy to research my guess.

I don't know how many of us recall the case of Lee Aldhouse. He was the Brit that got into a row with an ex-US Marine, and when the Marine got the better of him, he later "lay in wait" to ambush him and stabbed him to death before fleeing back to the UK. 

The TH gov sought and obtained his extradition and he is now serving 25 years for this. I don't want anyone to think I am advocating for this coward, but it always surprised me he never appealed the extradition order to the European Court of Human Rights on the grounds the prison conditions, at least by western standards, amounted to "degrading treatment". I can only conclude it either never occurred to his lawyers in the UK, or that he didn't relish the prospect of waiting up to 7 years in a prison cell for the ECHR to decide the case. 

The UK does have legislation that allows them to try their own subjects for crimes committed overseas, and this could have been done by video link. So it's unlikely he would have escaped Justice as long as there was a willingness on the UK to do so,

During the meantime, I've tried to find figures for the mortality rates in these cases and it's not been easy. The best I can come up with is this: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/5/17/thailand-reports-covid-daily-record-fuelled-by-prison-outbreaks

Extract: Thailand’s COVID-19 task force said 6,853 of the new cases came from the country’s notoriously overcrowded jails, bringing the country’s overall total since the pandemic began last year to 111,082.

Authorities said 25 people also died from the disease, bringing the death toll to 614.

5 hours ago, Jason said:

Still nothing on vaccination numbers??

I paused on reporting vaccine numbers because every figure for first, second, and third vaccine over at least the last 2 months were suddenly changed, sometimes by hundreds of thousands per day. The data is released in graphical form only and it's a very slow process to update each day.

Seemed like there was no sense in reporting numbers that are provably inaccurate. I first reported this issue several weeks ago when 3rd vaccination figures dropped by about 150,000 in one day, as if they removed vaccines from people somehow?

I have since been going over all the data to get our databases synced with the official numbers from the Department of Disease Control, but they have once again changed several months worth of data. I will continue to try to get any sort of somewhat accurate data to update. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Today, the CCSA reported 9,351 new Covid-19 infections, down 391 since yesterday, and a long-time low of 56 Coronavirus-related deaths, down 18 from yesterday. Since April 1, in the latest wave of the virus in Thailand, a total of 1,821,619 confirmed Covid-19 infections have been reported.     In the 24 hour period since the last count, the CCSA has reported 10,098 recoveries, up 84 from yesterday. There are now 101,000 people currently receiving treatment for Covid-19, down 803 from yesterday, including 2,432 in the ICU and 546 on ventilators.     Of the new Covid-19 infections, 139 were found […]

The story Covid-19 Sunday: Deaths fall to low of 56, provincial data as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

these are leftovers from saturday's count. the counter is closed on sunday