News Forum - Ministry of Foreign Affairs sings praises of Thailand Pass

Thaiger

The promotion engines are rolling as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs has launched a global charm offensive to win over travellers regarding the new Thailand Pass that will replace Certificates of Entry for international travellers to Thailand as the country reopens on November 1. The Thailand Pass, a collaboration between the Department of Consular Affairs and the Digital Government Development Agency, is claimed to be a much easier web-based system for travel and health information to be collected and uploaded before travelling to Thailand. A spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that over the last year-and-a-half, the ministry […]

The story Ministry of Foreign Affairs sings praises of Thailand Pass as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Oh yes. We all know by now everything said by officials in Thailand is completely true and believable. There is zero doubt about that! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I did a test with my family the other day and I sent over the "new scheme for enter Thailand" and wrote something smilar to "can I look forward for xmas  celebrations with the whole family, on a white sand beach in Thailand"

Their combined response; too many rules and difficulties .... 

I think that says the most, for the majority of travelers, especially families [that Thai gvmt loves as they are big spenders 🙂]

Edited by Ted
  • Like 4

3 to 5 days to process. Absolutely ridiculous. Obviously not just web based if you have to wait at all let alone this crazy time scale. Many more places to travel than come to this rule crazy Country 

• Like 13

Sounds like another proactive initiative introduced by Thais that will soon be copied by other countries.

They sure know what they are doing when it comes to attracting tourists. Sustained success and growth over decades. Both in the numbers of arrivals and the amount they spend. They had to open Swampy to handle the exploding numbers and then redo Don Muang a few years later. Phuket airport was at capacity so they are now building a second Phuket Airport just over the Sarasin bridge in Phangnga. 

I saw how quickly they recovered after other setbacks, the Tsunami, Bali bombing, the WFC etc etc. They have hit the ground running again.

Thailand has something/somewhere for a wide range of budgets, age groups and nationalities. The Thais know how to do hospitality well and profit from it.

Burma, Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam all have nice weather and beaches. More tourists come to Thailand than all those countries combined.

As the old saying goes "There is no flies on the Thais".

Smart people. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I saw how quickly they recovered after other setbacks, the Tsunami, Bali bombing, the WFC etc etc. They have hit the ground running again.

For Thais, I hope you are correct [your forward thinking].

We will see though, as you're missing [especially] one thing, the whole world is infected by C19 and that is a BIG difference...an "elected" dictatorship and their ways of leading the country, is another.

Edited by Ted
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Ted said:

I did a test with my family the other day and I sent over the "new scheme for enter Thailand" and wrote something smilar to "can I look forward for xmas  celebrations with the whole family, on a white sand beach in Thailand"

Their combined response; too many rules and difficulties .... 

I think that says the most, for the majority of travelers, especially families [that Thai gvmt loves as they are big spenders 🙂]

No doubt they will promote the success of this rules ,after a week of its implementation!

• Like 1

What worries me the most is what are they going to do with all these data collected, especially the health one which should be the most private? How far could they use these data in order to know anything about people's whereabouts? And what if this website (or the app on your phone) is getting hacked (and for sure there will be some attempt)? The digitalisation of every aspect of our lives globally went a huge step forward for the last 2 years, the pandemic has given an opportunity for some to accelerate the movement. The thing is, once the processus has started, there is no return and there is no way to know yet how far this will go, regarding if it is in a country ran by a military junta regime or in a (so called) democraty...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Sounds like another proactive initiative introduced by Thais that will soon be copied by other countries.

They sure know what they are doing when it comes to attracting tourists. Sustained success and growth over decades. Both in the numbers of arrivals and the amount they spend. They had to open Swampy to handle the exploding numbers and then redo Don Muang a few years later. Phuket airport was at capacity so they are now building a second Phuket Airport just over the Sarasin bridge in Phangnga. 

Thailand has something/somewhere for a wide range of budgets, age groups and nationalities. The Thais know how to do hospitality well and profit from it.

Burma, Malaysia, Cambodia and Vietnam all have nice weather and beaches. More tourists come to Thailand than all those countries combined.

As the old saying goes "There is no flies on the Thais".

Smart people. 

5555!

All achieved with little to no bullshit restrictions and draconian laws.

If they get rid of all that crap, and only accept fully vaccinated tourists, with proof of negative PCR test within 72 hours of arrival and issue visa on arrival, then they'll be back in the money.

If mot, they will not be in the money.

Simple.

• Like 4

So basically Thailand does NOT open as advised on November 1st. As there is no way you can apply now until the 1st.
COE is now closed and The Pass does not open until the 1st. Then reportedly 3 to 5  (probably working days) to process what is supposed to be a fully automated system and of course it’s bound to work first time (not).

• Like 7

Is that confirmed that COE option is closed? So the new Thai Pass system will handle all applications to enter Thailand, including from non-green-listed countries and from non or only partially vaccinated people?

3 hours ago, Poppin said:

3 to 5 days to process. Absolutely ridiculous. Obviously not just web based if you have to wait at all let alone this crazy time scale. Many more places to travel than come to this rule crazy Country 

5 days means one work-week. So you should fill in tomorrow 25th if you are flying the 1st November...
Website not working yet.

they should make electronic visa available for most countries
for visa on arrival, 30 and 60 days tourists visa as first step

then Thai pass as second step with less uploadings
more like the arrival card

11 hours ago, TomBoe said:

What about the people who want to travel november 1st or 2nd? Coe and thailand pass are not working! 

Thai response--"Why So Serious!?" You Think too Much--mai pen rai......

Anyone be surprised if the "app" crashes if it does in fact ever "appear".....(lets out another long sigh)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Richard61 said:

400,000 COEs processed? They're kidding right? Where are all these people? 

Probably counting part 1 and part 2 of the COE as two. Also the numerous reapplication as a result of requiring better uploads or being too late for the person to travel. Whatever the number, it will be as accurate as almost every other number that comes out of Thai central government.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TomBoe said:

What about the people who want to travel november 1st or 2nd? Coe and thailand pass are not working! 

Thought i read on the Thaiger that the Thailand Pass website would not be working until the 2nd of November. so if the COE is closed too..... well not going to be such a grand reopening

3 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Thai response--"Why So Serious!?" You Think too Much--mai pen rai......

Anyone be surprised if the "app" crashes if it does in fact ever "appear".....(lets out another long sigh)

quite likely...with so many previous examples of vaccine registration and food vouchers🤣

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tunafish said:

"The new Thailand Pass system will reduce unnecessary paperwork"

And who created the "unnecessary paperwork" in the first place?

Their idea is to do some extra paperwork in order to reduce unnecessary paperwork. That is essentially Thai ness at its finest. 

• Like 1

Am I correct when I think I saw a traveller needs to show proof of a PCR test to gain a 'Thailand Pass' ..? Well if that is the case how can they need to see a negative PCR 72 hours b4 your flight, then state that this new system takes 3-5 days to process..? 

• Like 1

Just registered on the new Thai Pass system and it was fast and easy. No freezes, no problems, clear and simple. Entering information no problem. Uploading files no problem. Anyone should be able to do it. Q&A section where many questions are answered is linked to the site. Will see how long it takes to process, but I am very hopeful.

• Like 2