News Forum - Covid-19 forces 70 private schools out of business, 100 to follow

Thaiger

With Covid-19 shutting down classroom learning for months on end, private schools are struggling, with about 70 going out of business in the past 9 months. The Office of the Private Education Promotion Commission has already received notice from nearly 100 more private schools planning on closing. The president of the Association of Private Education Promotion and Coordination Committee explain that this semester many parents have not been able to pay school tuition fees creating cash flow problems with unpaid dues estimated at about 1 billion baht. In fact, schools are losing registered students in part due to parents not being […]

The story Covid-19 forces 70 private schools out of business, 100 to follow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So sad to see! So many bright futures sacrificed! What is the Thai Government doing to vaccinate the young? What has the Thai Government done to procure age appropriate vaccines for the young? They are the now and the future!

• Like 1

Look into the photo that was published with this article. Smiles, joking, embarassment at being photographed..... Who in Thailand cannot remember themselves at the same age and feeling the same way? All the youth of Thailand deserve a better future than their parents. And they are willing to work for it, with everything they have as young people!! 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2021 at 9:53 AM, Jason said:

So sad to see! So many bright futures sacrificed! What is the Thai Government doing to vaccinate the young? What has the Thai Government done to procure age appropriate vaccines for the young? They are the now and the future!

Nothing.

Those comments have nothing to do with why the schools are closing. They're closing because the parents of the students can't afford to pay their tuition, not because of students not being vaccinated. Secondly, just because their private school is closing doesn't mean that they won't have opportunity at an education. It's up to the students to study, no matter which kind of school they attend.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 3:06 PM, Thaiger said:

With Covid-19 shutting down classroom learning for months on end, private schools are struggling, with about 70 going out of business in the past 9 months. The Office of the Private Education Promotion Commission has already received notice from nearly 100 more private schools planning on closing. The president of the Association of Private Education Promotion and Coordination Committee explain that this semester many parents have not been able to pay school tuition fees creating cash flow problems with unpaid dues estimated at about 1 billion baht. In fact, schools are losing registered students in part due to parents not being […]

The story Covid-19 forces 70 private schools out of business, 100 to follow as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

A terrible situation for sure.

but what about public schools? its a week until they are meant to re open, but i have seen no more information and when i ask they school they say check the website that still says school is closed for now due to covid and might re open mid June.

Where can good information about Thai public schools be gained? if answering this please dont just say the education ministry please give a link to an English language site thanks

Why were schools shut down? Children don't need to be vaccinated against Covid19. And please don't ask me to prove that point. That is well established. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Why were schools shut down? Children don't need to be vaccinated against Covid19. And please don't ask me to prove that point. That is well established. 

To stop the virus spreading. Children take the virus home and in to the wider community. When schools return there will be an inevitable increase is cases. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Soidog said:

To stop the virus spreading. Children take the virus home and in to the wider community. When schools return there will be an inevitable increase is cases. 

So do the vaccinated... so what is the point? The point is, their is no solution that does not include them never going back to school. Are the children never going back to school?

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

So do the vaccinated... so what is the point? The point is, their is no solution that does not include them never going back to school. Are the children never going back to school?

Yes they will go back but the time to do that is all about vaccination rates. Once the majority of people in the community are vaccinated then kids can go back to school. If they bring it home and pass it on to their parents or neighbours who are vaccinated, those people will be protected against serious illness or death. It’s the same with any large gatherings. Football matches, music concerts, nightclubs etc. They all become safer once you can allow case numbers to rise, without a corresponding rise in hospitalisations or deaths. That’s all any such restrictions are now aiming to achieve. 

16 hours ago, Soidog said:

without a corresponding rise in hospitalisations or deaths.

There's never been a corresponding rise between asymptomatic "cases" and sick people in hospitals. It's always been grossly disproportionate. The vaccines are not a panacea is the point. 

6 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

There's never been a corresponding rise between asymptomatic "cases" and sick people in hospitals. It's always been grossly disproportionate. The vaccines are not a panacea is the point. 

I agree they are not a panecea, who said they were? 

What the vaccines do achieve is to lessen the likelihood that you will need hospitalisation or suffer death having contracted the virus and developed symptoms. But I think you know that already. 

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I agree they are not a panecea, who said they were? 

What the vaccines do achieve is to lessen the likelihood that you will need hospitalisation or suffer death having contracted the virus and developed symptoms. But I think you know that already. 

I actually don't believe that they do... I don't believe most of the "science" from the drug makers... and if you don't think that conflict of interest doesn't apply, well then you are simply not being honest with yourself. Go take a look at the billions of dollars paid out in lawsuits whereby those drug companies have been found to flat out lied about their products... I have no reason to believe they are not lying about the covid19 vaccines.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

I actually don't believe that they do... I don't believe most of the "science" from the drug makers... and if you don't think that conflict of interest doesn't apply, well then you are simply not being honest with yourself. Go take a look at the billions of dollars paid out in lawsuits whereby those drug companies have been found to flat out lied about their products... I have no reason to believe they are not lying about the covid19 vaccines.

I wouldn’t want to get in to the debate over vested interests or billions of dollars. I’m talking of the fact that prior to vaccination when the U.K. had 50,000 cases per day, they also had 800-1,000 daily deaths. Today, with the same number of infections, the daily deaths are around 100-150. Now that is certainly correlation and the only thing which appears to have changed since, is vaccination levels have reached 80%+. I’m therefore taking that as the vaccines breaking the link between cases and deaths. 

Just now, Soidog said:

I wouldn’t want to get in to the debate over vested interests or billions of dollars. I’m talking of the fact that prior to vaccination when the U.K. had 50,000 cases per day, they also had 800-1,000 daily deaths. Today, with the same number of infections, the daily deaths are around 100-150. Now that is certainly correlation and the only thing which appears to have changed since, is vaccination levels have reached 80%+. I’m therefore taking that as the vaccines breaking the link between cases and deaths. 

You can cite whatever numbers you want, the obfuscators certainly do, I go with what I actually see on the ground. I happen to be in that unique position to see the truth globally. If I haven't already told you what I do and have been doing for the last 20 months... allow me to suffice by saying, I know what is actually going on with Covid19. I don't need a TV, or a statistical word salad to be informed. Have a great day. 

2 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

You can cite whatever numbers you want, the obfuscators certainly do, I go with what I actually see on the ground. I happen to be in that unique position to see the truth globally. If I haven't already told you what I do and have been doing for the last 20 months... allow me to suffice by saying, I know what is actually going on with Covid19. I don't need a TV, or a statistical word salad to be informed. Have a great day. 

No I’m not aware of what gives you this unique view as I don’t believe you have told me, so how would I?  However I will look forward to seeing you on global television news and speaking at the UN perhaps in the months to come? Keep up the great work 👍🏻

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

No I’m not aware of what gives you this unique view as I don’t believe you have told me, so how would I?  However I will look forward to seeing you on global television news and speaking at the UN perhaps in the months to come? Keep up the great work 👍🏻

The U.N. 😂🤣😂 There are some clever people over there no doubt. And, that's right, I am in fact in a unique position to KNOW what is going on... no need for the global TV news they're not really interested in the truth. You seem like an intelligent fellow, you should understand this by now. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction
  • Like 1

A post discussing Covid-19  deaths in Britain has been removed as it is off topic to the subject of the thread. The conversation is about Thailands private schools and the topic is

Covid-19 forces 70 private schools out of business, 100 to follow