News Forum - Thammasat University says vaccines slowed by government docs

Thaiger

After striking several deals to import vaccines, Thammasat University has expressed frustration with how bureaucratic red tape is delaying the arrival of 3 million Moderna vaccines donated from Poland. They called for the government to expedite the process to get the Moderna vaccine into Thailand. The 3 million vaccines that Poland had donated to the university were scheduled to arrive on Tuesday, but the shipment was delayed as the deal waited on official paperwork from the government of Thailand. A source from the university reported that the government said yes to the donation, but they did not submit the required […]

The story Thammasat University says vaccines slowed by government docs as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Deliberately holding up! Zero percent effort to expedite this Mvax!

I wish  certain individuals in this country had stocks in the M company!

To bad!

• Like 1

Who would be surprised by this latest stuff up by the government when people are still dying from lack of quality vaccines.. and paper work still to blame for total  disregard of the thai peoples safety..

• Like 3

What do you expect from a government that is staffed with people and most of them only have their position because of relationships. Which of them has an academic education with a university degree from an international bussines institution speaks at least English. Our young students are better educated, speak different languages and after graduation go abroad because they see no future in their own country because the old guard blocks everything that shakes their power and they have no interest in leaving the honey pot they are sitting at.

• Like 3

As @ riclag said above, the key word is or has to be deliberate or deliberately. I would gather they are still in the CCP junk and Az as to follow their plan. 

• Like 3

There may be a hidden west versus east thing happening here. Which has no place in the response to this virus. Anyone...and I mean anyone...who thinks that Covid 19 as a virus has a political agenda??...is certifiable!   The Thai Government couldn't procure enough vaccine of the right type at the right time. They are now in company with many governments around the world (my own included). Universities in Thailand and Hospitals were encouraged to seek supplies of vaccine, using the cooperation and ties they have with other universities and hospitals around the world. It's a credit to this university and others and the hospitals, that they have worked to procure vaccines. The Government should simply "Get out of the way". This is a humanitarian crisis...NOT a political one. BUt it ill soon became a political one if the government doesn't "Get out of the way".

• Like 2

Similar situation to the American donation; this is nonsense. Can’t wait for the health minister to come in and blame some other mofo. 

Now which hospitals did Thammasat buy on behalf of… I want to get in touch with them…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gion said:

What do you expect from a government that is staffed with people and most of them only have their position because of relationships. Which of them has an academic education with a university degree from an international bussines institution speaks at least English. Our young students are better educated, speak different languages and after graduation go abroad because they see no future in their own country because the old guard blocks everything that shakes their power and they have no interest in leaving the honey pot they are sitting at.

Fair comment, @gionand welcome to TT!   This entire bureaucratic impasse is criminally typical of this govt.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jeff_bkk said:

Similar situation to the American donation; this is nonsense. Can’t wait for the health minister to come in and blame some other mofo. 

Not surprised at your evident dismay, @Jeff_bkk . . . this bureaucratic hold-up is so typical of this lethargic and uncaring govt who still cannot grasp that lives are at stake by their inaction. Your debut post, too, so welcome to TT and enjoy your time, here.

It would not surprise me to find Moderna imposed similar legal restrictions on 'donations' of vaccine as that imposed by Pfizer.   Ergo, an offer of donation can be made, but must be approved by Pfizer in writing and could be subject to a 'royalty' being due to Pfizer if the transfer proceeds.

Those kind of restrictions and legal obligations would certainly delay any donation without the true details being made public.

• Like 2

I am not sure why everyone is complaining, it is normal for this to happen in Thailand, it is just what happens on a day to day basis, has been for years so why complain?

It is a bit like me going to the North Pole to live and then complain it is cold everyday, if I don't like it I could go and live somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

I am not sure why everyone is complaining, it is normal for this to happen in Thailand, it is just what happens on a day to day basis, has been for years so why complain?

It is a bit like me going to the North Pole to live and then complain it is cold everyday, if I don't like it I could go and live somewhere else. 

Gotcha  !Insanity ,doing the same thing  over and over again ,expecting different results! The Chinese 🦠 crisis has brought out some common human characteristics  ,such as negative thinking  and irrational behavior! imop!

No sarcasm intended.

• Cool 1