News Forum - Thailand reopening roundup: What happens November 1

Thaiger

5 hours ago, Dr.Sivada said:

I am going to Bangkok for mid December. Have no issue with vax certificate, pcr tests, one night quarantine etc. Do you guys think I should buy tickets now? I worry it ll get more expensive that more i wait. What is everybody heading to bkk doing about this type of issue?

Ive found in the past prices for flights go up right at thanksgiving and onwards due to holidays, as i usually fly out right before.......and everyone is itching to travel.....some flights offer free cancellations--plus you would have insurance--add in flight coverage

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JamesR said:

This is why I keep on going around in circles, on other articles people have been saying we can buy standard insurance from out own countries which include covid cover, but on the list above it states we need covid insurance cover of $50,000 and in brackets "Thai Company'' so do we have to use a Thai company or can we use one from our own country?

Does anyone have personal experience of this re the type of insurance?

Try misterprakan.com, cheapest I've seen and a Thai company.

• Like 1

some good info on types of visas and insurance proof.hotel booking and pass or coe.im thinking  to just wait awhile and hope they make 0/a visa   more like it used to be.doing the 60 day and trying to extend,then trying to extend again to try and get 6 months is a lot of hassel and sitting many hours two or three times at immigration.and you cant be sure they will approve it.chock dee to all.

I was reading somewhere that vaccinated people that are not from the "listed" countries can still go to "Blue Zones" and not have to be quarantined. The requirement is you have to remain in the "Blue Zone" for a week and will then be free to travel. Is this true?

I'm asking because although I am from one of the listed countries, but I work in an unlisted country, limited vacation time and I would hate to have to burn a week and not be able to see my family.

On 10/22/2021 at 10:31 PM, yetanother said:

"10-day quarantine for partially vaccinated or unvaccinated travellers arriving by air only."

usa friend and his family have been trapped in usa for a year and a half;

he refuses to get vaxx;

now he can finally come back to his thai home

He has had that option for awhile with the ASQ program 

I recommend 

8 hours ago, JamesR said:

I recommend also checking the AXA Thai website (https://www.axa.co.th/en/) as it offers cheaper insurance if you do not require the full month (they count it by the number of days). For example I'm only visiting Bangkok for 14 days so do not need the usual 30 day cover which will cost more. Hope that helps others, AXA Thai is also approved by the Thai Gov; good luck travellers 🥰

Halfway through my COE and now Thai Embassy say that you can proceed with COE if you arrive in Thailand before 12 November. If you arrive after 12 you need Thailand Pass, which you can fill in starting from 1 November... and it takes 7 days (5 working days) to get the result.
That makes everything short day.

16 hours ago, tng333 said:

I recommend 

I recommend also checking the AXA Thai website (https://www.axa.co.th/en/) as it offers cheaper insurance if you do not require the full month (they count it by the number of days). For example I'm only visiting Bangkok for 14 days so do not need the usual 30 day cover which will cost more. Hope that helps others, AXA Thai is also approved by the Thai Gov; good luck travellers 🥰

Cheers I will have a look at you insurance link, I need cover for 3 to 6 months. 

A briefing by the CCSA today clarified a few points.....

Travellers under 12, who are unvaccinated, but otherwise meet the requirements for quarantine exemption and travelling with their parents do NOT have to quarantine.

Thailand Pass will be active after November 1st. In the meantime COE can still be applied for and those already issued will be valid after November 1st.  See excert from Richard Barrow Reddit post for likely details.

4 minutes ago, Rookie said:

A briefing by the CCSA today clarified a few points.....

Travellers under 12, who are unvaccinated, but otherwise meet the requirements for quarantine exemption and travelling with their parents do NOT have to quarantine.

Thailand Pass will be active after November 1st. In the meantime COE can still be applied for and those already issued will be valid after November 1st.  See excert from Richard Barrow Reddit post for likely details.

Not completely following Thai Embassies

https://www.thaiembassy.be/2021/10/22/exemption-from-quarantine/?lang=en

1. Travellers who already received a COE and will be travelling before 9 November 2021 may utilise the same COE to enter Thailand. Please contact the hotel for a refund.
  2. Travellers who are in the process of requesting a COE on https://coethailand.mfa.go.th and will be travelling before 9 November may continue the procedure on the same website. Nevertheless, a  SHA+ or AQ hotel confirmation for 1 night can be submitted instead of 7.
  3. Travellers who will be travelling before 9 November 2021 must still request for a COE on https://coethailand.mfa.go.th around 2 weeks before the departure date. You may upload a  SHA+ or AQ hotel confirmation for 1 night instead of 7.
  4. *** From 2 November 2021 onwards, Thailand Pass platform (https://tp.consular.go.th/) will be replacing COE (https://coethailand.mfa.go.th), and the process takes at least 7  days. Therefore, Thailand Pass registration shall apply to the travellers whose intended departure date is after 9 November 2021 (for registration on 2 November 2021). 
  5.  ***During the transitional period to the Thailand Pass system, the COE shall be used; however, the number of quarantine days shown in the COE is not definite. Public health officers in Thailand will examine and reduce the day of quarantine to 1 night if you meet all conditions.

• Like 1

Does anyone know and if so please clarify the requirements for OA retirement visa holders living in Thailand who visit listed countries for less than 21 days and return directly to Thailand? Currently the listed requirements only show Thai citizens as being exempt from the 21 days if their point of origin is Thailand - they visit one of the listed countries - and then return to Thailand. In the case of the OA visa holder - what is the value of COVID insurance required and do I still need to do the 7 day quarantine on arrival? 

I would be coming from a country not on the list of the 46 countries exempted. I am fully vaccinated and I have an apartment in Bangkok, which I have not visited for almost 2 years. Do I understand correctly that I still have to undergo a 7 days quarantine in a SHA+ hotel? (I understand that I have to have a second PCR test after 6-7 days in any case). Please confirm quarantine.

3 hours ago, Jimknopf said:

I would be coming from a country not on the list of the 46 countries exempted. I am fully vaccinated and I have an apartment in Bangkok, which I have not visited for almost 2 years. Do I understand correctly that I still have to undergo a 7 days quarantine in a SHA+ hotel? (I understand that I have to have a second PCR test after 6-7 days in any case). Please confirm quarantine.

Yes. Alternatively you could do the Phuket Sandbox for 7 days, which would give you a bit more freedom during quarantine. There is talk of extending this scheme to other areas next year.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, powerballwinner88 said:

Does anyone know and if so please clarify the requirements for OA retirement visa holders living in Thailand who visit listed countries for less than 21 days and return directly to Thailand? Currently the listed requirements only show Thai citizens as being exempt from the 21 days if their point of origin is Thailand - they visit one of the listed countries - and then return to Thailand. In the case of the OA visa holder - what is the value of COVID insurance required and do I still need to do the 7 day quarantine on arrival? 

Off the Thai Air website: "Travellers must reside in the approved country for at least 21 consecutive days prior to travel to Thailand. Thai and non-Thai nationals with residence in Thailand are exempted from this 21-day stay requirement."

5 hours ago, powerballwinner88 said:

Off the Thai Air website: "Travellers must reside in the approved country for at least 21 consecutive days prior to travel to Thailand. Thai and non-Thai nationals with residence in Thailand are exempted from this 21-day stay requirement."

From the Bangkok Post: "Thai nationals who had earlier left Thailand to visit any of the 46 countries, but stayed there less than 21 days will not be quarantined and will not be required to have health insurance cover of $50,000. However, expats who have stayed in one of the 46 countries for less than 21 days will have to provide proof of $50,000 in coverage on their return."