News Forum - Thailand reopening roundup: What happens November 1

Thaiger

Things are moving fast towards the November 1 reopening which in the last few days swelled from 10 countries being allowed entry to Thailand to 46 countries, 3 entry plans, replacing the Certificate of Entry, and even an attempt to reopen nightlife. Below is a round-up of the plans as they stand now. “TEST & GO”: COUNTRIES THAT CAN ENTER WITHOUT QUARANTINE 1. Australia 2. Austria 3. Bahrain 4. Belgium 5. Bhutan 6. Brunei Darussalam 7. Bulgaria 8. Cambodia 9. Canada 10. Chile 11. China 12. Cyprus 13. Czech Republic 14. Denmark 15. Estonia 16. Finland 17. France 18. Germany […]

The story Thailand reopening roundup: What happens November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"The minister didn’t include Bangkok on his list, citing concerns that entertainment venues in the city would be too hard to safely regulate and that the nightlife isn’t only a draw to international tourists, but also attracts Thai customers, so it could be higher-risk and lower benefit than other destinations, something that has bothered the CCSA when evaluating the reopening of Thailand."

If the Minister allows clubs/bars/restaurants/nightlife venues/etc. around the country to open, but not in Bangkok, I don't think he would see the New Year.

The Bar Girls would exterminate him.

The Bar Owners would exterminate him.

The Restaurant Owners would exterminate him.

The Club Owners would exterminate him.

The Police would exterminate him.

The Foreign Community would exterminate him.

The Bangkok Elite would exterminate him.

The Bureaucrat who finishes work at 6 PM on Friday  would exterminate him.

The Food and Drink Suppliers would exterminate him.

A LOT OF PEOPLE would exterminate him.

Should he follow through on the decision noted above to allow re-opening around the country but not in Bangkok, we should have a pool on when he gets fired, when he gets hospitalized, and if he makes it to New Years Eve.

Picking and choosing between countries is a nonsense. You either have the virus or you don't. You've either been vaccinated or you haven't. Both can be evidenced. Just a pity to see Thailand doing itself out of tourists. But other countries in the region, won't make the same mistake. The challenge isn't tourists coming in though. It's vaccinating the local population in time.

• Like 5

What happens November 1?  We will now in just 9 days is what. 

People allowed to go outside after 10pm is such progress, cannot wait for it 55555 

Doubt the 24 hour 7-11 will even stay open, the ones that are left that is

• Like 1

So you still have to have a reservation incase you fail the covid test? Do you have to pay hotel? I am vaccinated and travelling to koh samui December 17th want to spend all my time in koh phangan.

Edited by ThaiTim
Incorrect spelling

3 hours ago, yetanother said:

"10-day quarantine for partially vaccinated or unvaccinated travellers arriving by air only."

usa friend and his family have been trapped in usa for a year and a half;

he refuses to get vaxx;

now he can finally come back to his thai home

I’ve not read the whole set of responses. But surely your friend has been able to return home for a long long time if he was prepared to do 14 days ASQ?  If Thai he wouldn’t have to pay anything like as much as a foreigner for it either. 

• Like 1

Thanks for this well written and  clear summary.

There is one point I am not clear on. As a vaccinated person from a country on the list, can I take any taxi from the airport to my SHA hotel or are there restrictions? Perhaps you can clarify this in one of your future articles 🙏.

22 minutes ago, Gieza said:

As a vaccinated person from a country on the list, can I take any taxi from the airport to my SHA hotel or are there restrictions?

It would need to be an SHA taxi. Some hotels are starting to show 1 night packages. Transport and test included.

Example E27021B1-FA1A-4F67-A19D-B308AD8BB05C.thumb.jpeg.cecf2ae542951b8ca3a17067e55872ad.thumb.jpeg.305b720348f133dc6db22fcc314e7b37.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Tjampman said:

Yeah,  I would like that spelled out in black and white as well.

But my assumption is no, as you need to be in quarantine until the result of the arrival test. So I expect you need quarantine pick up from the airport by the hotel

Just arrange a pick up directly from your SHA hotel. That is what I did for my arrival in Thailand on Monday via the Sandbox program.

it is all so nice announced every time, but just to keep the facts straight it only take 1 (ONE) that is infected to get a hell of a shit in Thailand again.. and that all about money while more then the half of Thailand does not want they re-open.....

people get ready for the THIRD and FOURTH COVID wave yahhoooooo

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Things are moving fast towards the November 1 reopening which in the last few days swelled from 10 countries being allowed entry to Thailand to 46 countries, 3 entry plans, replacing the Certificate of Entry, and even an attempt to reopen nightlife. Below is a round-up of the plans as they stand now. “TEST & GO”: COUNTRIES THAT CAN ENTER WITHOUT QUARANTINE 1. Australia 2. Austria 3. Bahrain 4. Belgium 5. Bhutan 6. Brunei Darussalam 7. Bulgaria 8. Cambodia 9. Canada 10. Chile 11. China 12. Cyprus 13. Czech Republic 14. Denmark 15. Estonia 16. Finland 17. France 18. Germany […]

The story Thailand reopening roundup: What happens November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1. "Have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of departure from your home country"
  2. The above should be changed to:
  3. "Have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours prior to departure from your home country".

4. As I have said before the word 'within' in this instance can in the English language mean before or after or during the  event.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tjampman said:

I was gonna say the same thing, they even lowered the quarantine to 10 days back in April as well.

And like you say, if the friend is Thai,  hotel would have been free up until recently.

Or the case could be he wanted to stay in the USA and by refusing to have a vaccine he was allowed, and now there is a way for him to get back there are no more excuses so he has to come back?

• Like 1

*looks like one has to stay in the hotel 1 night even if the (negative) test result should  come back earlier. =1 night quarantine!

* So much for "just a QR code". As you might have suspected, you still need to present all the documents on arrival....

FB_IMG_1634992478739.jpg

Edited by DoUKnowWhoIAm
  • Like 1

A question:

Phuket is on the sandbox program but I am assuming after the 2nd November I can fly in from the UK  to Phuket on this new system, Phuket will not be just limited to the sandbox system hence I only have to stay in a hotel until I get the result of the test and then I can move into my house?

9 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

*looks like one has to stay in the hotel 1 night even if the (negative) test result should  come back earlier. =1 night quarantine!

* So much for "just a QR code". As you might have suspected, you still need to present all the documents on arrival....

FB_IMG_1634992478739.jpg

This is why I keep on going around in circles, on other articles people have been saying we can buy standard insurance from out own countries which include covid cover, but on the list above it states we need covid insurance cover of $50,000 and in brackets "Thai Company'' so do we have to use a Thai company or can we use one from our own country?

Does anyone have personal experience of this re the type of insurance?

• Like 2

I was vaccinated with one dose of the J&J vaccine. I am considered "fully vaccinated" here in South Korea. I hope Thailand also considers me "fully vaccinated". I am going to try to get a booster prior to my trip to Thailand at the end of December.

7 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

I was vaccinated with one dose of the J&J vaccine. I am considered "fully vaccinated" here in South Korea. I hope Thailand also considers me "fully vaccinated". I am going to try to get a booster prior to my trip to Thailand at the end of December.

Ahhh, I just found this.

List of approved COVID-19 vaccines

Currently, the MoPH has approved the following manufacturers and vaccines:

1. CoronaVac by Sinovac Biotech Ltd – 2 doses needed / 2-4-week interval;
  2. AstraZeneca or Covishield by AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford, SK Bioscience (South Korea), Siam Bioscience, and Serum Institute of India (Covishield) – 2 doses needed / 4-12-week interval;
  3. Pfizer–BioNTech or Comirnaty by Pfizer Inc. and BioNTech 2 doses needed / 3-week interval;
  4. Janssen or Janssen/Ad26.COV2.S by Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. – 1 dose needed;
  5. Moderna by Moderna Inc. – 2 doses needed / 4-week interval);
  6. Sinopharm or COVILO by Sinopharm Co., Ltd. – 2 doses needed / 3-4-week interval);
  7. Sputnik V by the Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology – 2 doses needed – 3-week interval).

I am going to Bangkok for mid December. Have no issue with vax certificate, pcr tests, one night quarantine etc. Do you guys think I should buy tickets now? I worry it ll get more expensive that more i wait. What is everybody heading to bkk doing about this type of issue?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JamesR said:

do we have to use a Thai company or can we use one from our own country?

I wouldn't rely on a graphic from the CAAT to answer that. It seems people have been using non-thai insurance for the COE, there's no reason why that would change for Thailand Pass.

48 minutes ago, Rookie said:

I wouldn't rely on a graphic from the CAAT to answer that. It seems people have been using non-thai insurance for the COE, there's no reason why that would change for Thailand Pass.

Thanks for the info.

52 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

I am going to Bangkok for mid December. Have no issue with vax certificate, pcr tests, one night quarantine etc. Do you guys think I should buy tickets now? I worry it ll get more expensive that more i wait. What is everybody heading to bkk doing about this type of issue?

You could buy one now, if you book with the airline directly via their website there are many who will allowed you to cancel the ticket and change the dates for free, just read the terms of the booking on the website before buying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

And could someone please help me interpret: "QR code from Thailand Pass or passport"????

FB_IMG_1634992478739.jpg

Ill add in "thai" insurance only---BUS to hotel(#2)?--Phuket test can be done in airport and test goes to hotel? would you actually need the hotel but seems they want u to at least pre pay for it--and an ATK kit being forced upon us to pre pay for also..(just in case)...sigh...round and round we go--thai style

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

You could buy one now, if you book with the airline directly via their website there are many who will allowed you to cancel the ticket and change the dates for free, just read the terms of the booking on the website before buying. 

Im thinking of booking once the Thai pass is up and running and my embassy confirms this "plan"(mess)

Wish i could fly direct to CNX for hotel-tests as reading of flights possibly getting ready after Nov 1