News Forum - Thailand Pass website launching, accepted from November 2

Thaiger

20 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Slightly off topic - is there an outer limit to how far back your second vaccination  dose can be?  I will be about to cross the one year mark by the time I reach and recall reading somewhere that the final dose must not be more than one year prior to entry 

Honestly?

If I where you, I would anyway look for a booster. Problem solved! 6 month , right now, with the delta, seems to be the time, people should look into boosters. Ok, elder 6 month, younger 9/12 month perhaps.

At least test on antibodies, even without a general guideline, how many some need to have, to be counted "protected". But high(er) 3 digits or more is still seen as ok.

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

And why they send this information not to the Thai embassies? 

The embassy in Switzerland is the first one to post:

Travelers who wish to enter Thailand from 2 November 2021 onwards, please register for Thailand Pass online at https://tp.consular.go.th/. Thailand Pass QR Code would be issued for the applicant to present to Airlines and Thai Border Control Officials. (From 1 November 2021, website https://coethailand.mfa.go.th/will no longer provide services on issuing Certificate of Entry - CoE).

Not only the Swiss embassy posts it, others also.
But what is the use of posting it, saying that there will be no more COE's but the replacement is not available yet.
Don't forget, for your COE you needed confirmation from the embassy on the first stage, before booking ailine tickets (if you hadn't done that yet) and a SHA+ hotel.

One more week and it is November. Start finding (cheap) flights and hotels. I saw hotels in Phuket going from 3300 for one week to 51000 Baht for the same room.
Some chains stayed reasonable, others thought: "it is November, time for high season prices. And then some extra for Xmas and NY."

3 hours ago, Dr.Sivada said:

I am going to Bangkok for mid December. Have no issue with vax certificate, pcr tests, one night quarantine etc. Do you guys think I should buy tickets now? I worry it ll get more expensive that more i wait. What is everybody heading to bkk doing about this type of issue?

I recommend buying the ticket if the price is reasonable and the cancellation policy allows for full refund instead of airline credit. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brownie said:

Slightly off topic - is there an outer limit to how far back your second vaccination  dose can be?  I will be about to cross the one year mark by the time I reach and recall reading somewhere that the final dose must not be more than one year prior to entry 

There is no limit based on when Vax received. Initially there had been talk about no more than six months ago, but that was awhile back and nothing came of it. 

4 hours ago, SaMos75 said:

The embassy in Switzerland is the first one to post:

not surprising as to the love affair thais have with the Swiss after their beloved King was raised there...

Born in Mass. USA and raised in Switz.....So Thai, I remember asking my thai students where he was born

Give it a try with any thai and guess the answer.....hence the failed education system......anyway....

8 hours ago, BritFlyer said:

I submitted my initial COE application two days ago. I’m travelling to Phuket on 12th November so the new TP sounds easier but is there any information that says when the TP site will go live..??  The Thaiger is the best source of information I’ve found so I’ll keep watching your pages. Thanks for all your work. 🙏🏻 

Goes live on the 2nd of November. Apparently. 🤔

8 hours ago, Guest1 said:

Honestly?

If I where you, I would anyway look for a booster. Problem solved! 6 month , right now, with the delta, seems to be the time, people should look into boosters. Ok, elder 6 month, younger 9/12 month perhaps.

At least test on antibodies, even without a general guideline, how many some need to have, to be counted "protected". But high(er) 3 digits or more is still seen as ok.

Thanks, but that really doesn't answer my query.  Boosters are not an option in my home country as of now.

6 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

There is no limit based on when Vax received. Initially there had been talk about no more than six months ago, but that was awhile back and nothing came of it. 

Thanks.  That answers my query.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:49 PM, BritFlyer said:

I submitted my initial COE application two days ago. I’m travelling to Phuket on 12th November so the new TP sounds easier but is there any information that says when the TP site will go live..??  The Thaiger is the best source of information I’ve found so I’ll keep watching your pages. Thanks for all your work. 🙏🏻 

My buddy in the Los Angeles area submitted the last piece of his COE about 2.5 days ago though the LA consulate, got a rejection saying that his is lucky that he will be one of the first to take advantage of the Thailand Pass scheme.  He is not happy, all his efforts for the COE will be for naught.  The US Thai Embassy website says COE would be processed through Nov 1st.  He has lived in Thailand long enough to know that you don't want to be the lab rat for any Thai gov procedure that involves technology.  He is going to confront the Consulate on this.

• 3 weeks later...

The listed Thailand Pass website (https://tp.consular.go.th/en/policy) dead ends for me at the Policy page...I can't click on the 'confirm' button.  I requested a 'test and go' hotel and submitted my email to which I got an email asking for my documentation...passport, flight, insurance, vaccination....to which I attached all that was asked....and sent it back.  Now this had the hotels email on it as well as the Thai website (https://asq.in.th/) so I am hoping this is how they are handling the QR code authorization.  Its been one big headache, wonder how many will just give up and go elsewhere.