News Forum - Thailand Pass website launching, accepted from November 2

Thaiger

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has begun the process of replacing the Certificate of Entry with the new Thailand Pass which will be accepted from November 2. The Ministry announced that tp.consular.go.th will be live for people arriving in Thailand after November 2 to register for the Thailand Pass. The information comes from the Ministry of Interior’s Phuket office who posted it on Facebook yesterday on the Phuket Covid-19 & Phuket Sandbox (Official Phuket Information Centre) page they operate. The post says that new applicants will receive a QR code from the Thailand Pass that travellers will show to the […]

The story Thailand Pass website launching, accepted from November 2 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why is it that I see all this effort to set up the replacement to the COE, vanishing before years end? Because the only way many people will come to Thailand's if all this bureaucracy is gone. The high season only lasts so long.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pius said:

I just hope the website will work a lot better than the one of immigration

A justifiable quip, for sure, @Pius! Your debut post, too, so thanks for that and welcome to Thaiger Talk!

1 hour ago, Kupferman said:

What about vaccinated expats living in Thailand and having a retirement visa, with corresponding insurances ?

So many questions, @Kupferman, being asked by so many people and with so few understandable answers coming from the PTB. It's not good, if you'll pardon my hopeless understatement.

And your debut post, too, so thanks for that and welcome to Thaiger Talk!

Will the TP be the same as the CoE ie you have to submit application on line, attach the required info eg flight details, vaccination certificates etc and then wait for it to be approved? 
In my case I recently submitted application for part one of CoE and then waited for 5 days before it was approved. Have abandoned this now and hoping TP will work better

• Thanks 1

Question for Pattaya travel : if you are not from one of the 46 countries, you need to "stay in an approved hotel for the 7-day Sandbox period."
Are you allowed to leave the Hotel or are you locked in?
(asking for a friend)

Edited by HenrikS
extra
  • Like 1

I submitted my initial COE application two days ago. I’m travelling to Phuket on 12th November so the new TP sounds easier but is there any information that says when the TP site will go live..??  The Thaiger is the best source of information I’ve found so I’ll keep watching your pages. Thanks for all your work. 🙏🏻 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HenrikS said:
Question for Pattaya travel : if you are not from one of the 46 countries, you need to "stay in an approved hotel for the 7-day Sandbox period."
(asking for a friend)

Hi, @HenrikSand welcome to Thaiger Talk!    Sorry that I can't answer your query, but TT has its resident expert, @Faz, who when spotting this mention, will probably come to your aid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jesus wept - 9 days to go and the link says…. Coming Soon ! 

so no more COE  as of now and the replacement TP not available - so anyone applying today does what ? 

Defies belief 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HenrikS said:
(asking for a friend)

Yes....the Sanbox scheme allows freedom of movement - must return to stay in the named hotel at night.

• Like 1

I am going to Bangkok for mid December. Have no issue with vax certificate, pcr tests, one night quarantine etc. Do you guys think I should buy tickets now? I worry it ll get more expensive that more i wait. What is everybody heading to bkk doing about this type of issue?

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has begun the process of replacing the Certificate of Entry with the new Thailand Pass which will be accepted from November 2. The Ministry announced that tp.consular.go.th will be live for people arriving in Thailand after November 2 to register for the Thailand Pass. The information comes from the Ministry of Interior’s Phuket office who posted it on Facebook yesterday on the Phuket Covid-19 & Phuket Sandbox (Official Phuket Information Centre) page they operate. The post says that new applicants will receive a QR code from the Thailand Pass that travellers will show to the […]

The story Thailand Pass website launching, accepted from November 2 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And why they send this information not to the Thai embassies? 

1 hour ago, BritFlyer said:

I submitted my initial COE application two days ago. I’m travelling to Phuket on 12th November so the new TP sounds easier but is there any information that says when the TP site will go live..??  The Thaiger is the best source of information I’ve found so I’ll keep watching your pages. Thanks for all your work. 🙏🏻 

"....but is there any information that says when the TP site will go live..?? "

Well, tourists can enter with the TP from the 2nd November so I guess the site will be up and running by the 30th November.

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. 🤣

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

I am going to Bangkok for mid December. Have no issue with vax certificate, pcr tests, one night quarantine etc. Do you guys think I should buy tickets now? I worry it ll get more expensive that more i wait. What is everybody heading to bkk doing about this type of issue?

Book with an airline which will give you a refund or let you change the date your ticket if need be.

You can find the terms by booking with the airline directly on their own websites don't book via an agent.

I looked a Singapore airlines for example and their tickets are very flexible due to the circumstances. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HenrikS said:
(asking for a friend)

Depending whether your friend is fully vaccinated or not.

If fully vaccinated he can book an SHA+ hotel under the Sandbox program for 7 days.
You must remain in the hotel until the PCR test result is returned negative.
Thereafter your allowed to roam around the area for the remaining 7 days before your free to go anywhere in Thailand. (2 PCR tests - on arrival and on day 6.)

If not vaccinated then your friend will need to book 10 days in an AQ hotel and will have to remain in his room for the whole 10 days. (2 PCR tests - one on arrival, one on day 8/9).

1088289474_3entrytypes-Nov1st..thumb.webp.38f8282be015efb7199f571c2587941d.webp

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Benroon said:

so no more COE  as of now and the replacement TP not available - so anyone applying today does what ? 

Buy a pack of cards and play 'patience'.  🙄

Just now, JamesR said:

Book with an airline which will give you a refund or let you change the date your ticket if need be.

You can find the terms by booking with the airline directly on their own websites don't book via an agent.

I looked a Singapore airlines for example and their tickets are very flexible due to the circumstances. 

Thank you. I think I’ll go ahead with booking Finnair on their site, they do allow change in dates though no refund. If for some odd reasons I’m denied Thailand pass for dec at least I know I’ll be able to use it for my vacays in feb, may, aug or nov. Thailand better get the system down by then? 555🙏 nvm lol. 

3 minutes ago, Faz said:

Praying  🙏

I’m in the US. Who would you recommend praying to? Erawan Phra Phrom or Jesus? I will do both so the success rate may increase. 

8 minutes ago, JamesR said:

"....but is there any information that says when the TP site will go live..?? "

As yet no, but I can post how it's supposed to work.
Register online - upload documents - print of QR code.

thailand-pass.jpg.9129e9d50596f2ef07f8248e7f406cf9.jpg

7 minutes ago, Dr.Sivada said:

I’m in the US. Who would you recommend praying to? Erawan Phra Phrom or Jesus? I will do both so the success rate may increase. 

It's the Thai way, everything last minute, then they wonder why the tourists don't arrive.

'Planning' is not in the Thai vocabulary. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Faz said:

It's the Thai way, everything last minute, then they wonder why the tourists don't arrive.

'Planning' is not in the Thai vocabulary. 

Slightly off topic - is there an outer limit to how far back your second vaccination  dose can be?  I will be about to cross the one year mark by the time I reach and recall reading somewhere that the final dose must not be more than one year prior to entry 

5 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Slightly off topic - is there an outer limit to how far back your second vaccination  dose can be?  I will be about to cross the one year mark by the time I reach and recall reading somewhere that the final dose must not be more than one year prior to entry 

You probably should just get a 3rd dose to make things easier. I did. The chance of getting the same thing and trigger a catastrophic immune response for someone in relatively  healthy state should be quite low.