News Forum - Thailand is open for tourism again, sort of

Thaiger

55 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

I did some initial research on insurance, and all the policies I found started at the base of 100k. I was unable to find a 50k policy. I imagine the price difference would be minimal. 

Who came out best ?

1 hour ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

I did some initial research on insurance, and all the policies I found started at the base of 100k. I was unable to find a 50k policy. I imagine the price difference would be minimal. 

https://www.travelinglifestyle.net/insurance-that-covers-covid-travel/

https://www.squaremouth.com/single-trip

I found a few on 2nd link for 50k but as u noted not much $$$ diff....

Im trying for a 30 day exempt stamp on a one way tix so my 50k policy is about 75 usd for that 30

2 hours ago, Benroon said:

Who came out best ?

Sorry...I didn't dig deeper as I'm not planning anything until around March. One thing to consider is whether or not the policy would have acceptable "wording" for Thailand regarding Covid coverage. So it may be more beneficial for expediency to go with companies listed on Thai immigration website, even if more expensive. You could end up buying a policy that doesn't satisfy their review. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Sorry...I didn't dig deeper as I'm not planning anything until around March. One thing to consider is whether or not the policy would have acceptable "wording" for Thailand regarding Covid coverage. So it may be more beneficial for expediency to go with companies listed on Thai immigration website, even if more expensive. You could end up buying a policy that doesn't satisfy their review. Just a thought. 

Completely agree. I fully understand there is probably some backhanded dealing for someone in power to profit from the extra cost. However, of the five to ten things I need to gather just for the entry process, I do not need an extra headache that could jeopardize the entire operation over a cost that is relatively minimal when compared  to the flight. I would just go by the recommended companies from embassy and Asq site. 

• Like 1

Still to complicated and far to late anyway.

Could be attractive to a few of the regular snowbirds but that's about it.

They seem incapable of coming up with a simple to  understand  and implement national policy.

The entire thai tourism sector is now a complete laughing stock in most western countries and few have any faith in it.

they should have just left the closed until further notice sign up until they have everything sorted out.

this constant chopping and changing has probably put many potential visitors off visiting thailand for life.

• Like 2

Opening up with next to nothing open will do nothing for the regular tourist in fact they will probably simply go somewhere else if you think they are going to wait until the Government finally get their act together think again it's a long way from Europe to get there and be disappointed when it's probably your first holiday in two years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Opening up with next to nothing open will do nothing for the regular tourist in fact they will probably simply go somewhere else if you think they are going to wait until the Government finally get their act together think again it's a long way from Europe to get there and be disappointed when it's probably your first holiday in two years.

Yes, progress is slow, but at least there is a plan in place now.

The hated curfew is being lifted from Blue Areas including Bangkok from October 31st.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/thailand-lifts-curfew-in-blue-zone-destinations-from-31-october-2021/

On 10/23/2021 at 9:05 PM, PapayaBokBok said:

https://www.travelinglifestyle.net/insurance-that-covers-covid-travel/

https://www.squaremouth.com/single-trip

I found a few on 2nd link for 50k but as u noted not much $$$ diff....

Im trying for a 30 day exempt stamp on a one way tix so my 50k policy is about 75 usd for that 30

For Sterling peeps - AXA 30 day with 100k Covid insurance (and 3.5m general cover) is 2,770 baht 

• Cool 1