News Forum - Tourism Minister proposes reopening entertainment venues November 1

Thaiger

On 10/23/2021 at 7:10 AM, gummy said:

You are 100 % correct and in my opinion the PM and all of the depraved and corrupt administration appeared to deliberately, last year, ensure that they had the vaccines  predominately ignoring the poor in the N and NE .  Unfortunately their assumptions that the poor Issan people would suffer badly from contagion did not go as  they had hoped perhaps, so in an attempt to ensure that the virus spread he  encouraged the infected Bangkokians and others to travel for SongKran this year.  That didn't work either because in the main the Issan people, and that included some Governors also, looked after themselves as best they could and imposed local quarantine on those returning.  Now after massive pressure internally and fearing he would get tossed out of the trough, since around May time vaccines have finally begun to flow in large quantities to those parts of the country.

I wonder what the next plot this scoundrel and his master will plan to  return 50% of the country back to serfdom which these evil people so desire so that they may continue their corrupt and depraved activities unhindered and unpublicised ?

I have to agree there is definitely something unsettling and uncaring about them. It seems to be their crooked modus operendi to punish squash whom they find unattractive or unsupportive to them while trying to look all the cute honest and pretty to the outside. It is apparent they only care for themselves and whom they support and will be interesting to see what their next movement will be and if a bone will be tossed to the tourism minister and his suggested idea.

On 10/23/2021 at 1:44 AM, Cathat said:

Perhaps reality has finally set in at the top.

tour groups and the wealthy are not coming to thailand anytime soon so they are targeting the single cheap charlie's world wide.

Cheap hotels,booze and lonely single maidens could be attractive to many.

hopefully they will also drop the tax on cigarettes and it will be back to just like it was in the 80's.

Actually it is not cheap at all to drink everyday here and so these Cheap Charlies you speak of can be some of the biggest spenders pushing their money to the right places. 

43 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

I think most of them are well aware that Europe and the Americas are 10 times as bad as here as Anutin predicted it would back in March 2020 after trying to hand out free masks to the Karens at the airport who claimed they didn't need them.

Mexico had a mask policy in place in public and we were there 

We stayed at a hotel across from the mall and so many Americans were walking around maskless and even trying to enter stores without masks on 

Let's just say they all seemed to be from the South

Pissed me off, if you don't want to wear masks don't visit a country and disobey their rules 

6 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Pissed me off, if you don't want to wear masks don't visit a country and disobey their rules

Well, there are many in this forum that are still hurting over Anutin's tough love. They wanted special privileges not to wear masks because a believed entitlement.

Thousands who succumbed to covid would still be alive today if they had heeded Anutin's safety warnings.

He certainly read the writing on the wall and predicted the disaster which followed. Farangs make up the majority of worldwide covid deaths by a mile and are responsible for the spread and continuing high numbers to this day. They won't be told though. Even now.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Fair enough......

You moved there in 1982? That's incredible 

I wasn't even dry humping girls yet 5555

Happy Eddie Murphy GIF by Laff

18 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Although they wouldn't mine and moan 1/10th of what goes on here

They just get on with things, that is one of the best traits of Thai people, IMO

PS......I don't disagree with anything you said 

Yes I agree - don't get me wrong I'm constantly labelled as a thai 'apologist' and a million miles from a 'basher'  I've never had time for the same old moans from people who want something for nothing and have this western entitlement attitude, I would run a mile if trapped in a bar with one of them -  but sometimes you have to call it as you see it, what is indefensible is any defence of the absolute clueless morons running the show and running the nation and its people into the ground. 

Absolutely they will get on with it, you won't see hungry people here I really feel for them.  It all started to go down hill for the people when the last boss man died. There was genuine love for him not seen since (better stop there 😉)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Well, there are many in this forum that are still hurting over Anutin's tough love. They wanted special privileges not to wear masks because a believed entitlement.

Thousands who succumbed to covid would still be alive today if they had heeded Anutin's safety warnings.

He certainly read the writing on the wall and predicted the disaster which followed. Farangs make up the majority of worldwide covid deaths by a mile and are responsible for the spread and continuing high numbers to this day. They won't be told though. Even now.

Your adulation of the very definition of incompetence is breathtaking (unless you know something everyone else doesn't)

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/anutin-charnvirakul-man-in-firing-line-for-thailands-covid-crisis/

So how well did he do on the vaccine orders, you know the thing that really WILL stop people succumbing to Covid - did he predict that stunning clusterf*** ? How many would be alive if he had ordered enough vaccines ? He is the HEALTH MINISTER FFS ! 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Yes I agree - don't get me wrong I'm constantly labelled as a thai 'apologist' and a million miles from a 'basher'  I've never had time for the same old moans from people who want something for nothing and have this western entitlement attitude, I would run a mile if trapped in a bar with one of them -  but sometimes you have to call it as you see it, what is indefensible is any defence of the absolute clueless morons running the show and running the nation and its people into the ground. 

Absolutely they will get on with it, you won't see hungry people here I really feel for them.  It all started to go down hill for the people when the last boss man died. There was genuine love for him not seen since (better stop there 😉)

I was more complimenting Thais

I love how they just get on with things ....

This may be controversial:

But I lived in NYC for 9/11

And was living in Phuket for the Tsunami 

Now they are two different disasters/crises 

But if you compared the two, there was such a "poor me" attitude in NYC

Whereas in Phuket, they were just getting back to rebuilding the next day

Again, two entirely different situations 

But I was mighty impressed with how the Thais dealt with it 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I think most of them are well aware that Europe and the Americas are 10 times as bad as here as Anutin predicted it would back in March 2020 after trying to hand out free masks to the Karens at the airport who claimed they didn't need them.

They see it on the news. Daily. They are not stupid. 

They are not 10 times as bad - where are the figures for that ? 

Here https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases 

Americas and Europe cases 170m (December 2019 - 3 days ago) and Asia just under 70m a multiple of 2.4, the same for deaths 3.5m v 1m - where are you getting '10 times' from ? - plus build into that who you think has the more robust reporting ! 

You are correct however, they are not stupid - that is why there is nationwide distrust and hatred for your mate. Perhaps you know better than the indigenous population.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Oh for sure westerners are 'softer' due to the support systems that are in place directly attributable to wealth. You can't really blame westerners for taking advantage of what they get taxed for but yes when it comes to resilience the Asians would nail it !

I have to confess I cringed a bit at the 'poor me' comment from NYC - that was comfortably the most horrific thing I've ever seen, I think they were fairly justified. That's not something you could easily dust yourself down (excuse the pun) and return to the office next day. 

• Like 2

Even more confusing... everyone, including tourists are going to have to carry around a color coded map to try and determine where they can go to enjoy themselves? Bangkok still won't be open... that may be good for Island tourism? Will they be in the blue zones? Of course after you have figured out all of your COE and surveilance digital passes and your covid insurance and if you pass those covid tests and what are the opening hours again?... let's face it, only the hardcore Thailand tourists are going to come?

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 7:46 PM, Bangkok_Gary said:

Re-open to tourists and re-open the nightlife ? You want to know what will happen ? Look south to Singapore. 85% of the population there has been vaccinated. They re-opened to some tourists from a dozen countries. And there was a surge in Covid-19 infections. A big surge. The hospitals are overflowing. And 30% of Covid deaths there in the past month were fully vaccinated people! Thailand has nowhere near as many people vaccinated as Singapore. So good luck with that re-opening Thailand. You're going to need it.

You're basically inferring that the covid vaccines don't work. 

52 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Oh for sure westerners are 'softer' due to the support systems that are in place directly attributable to wealth. You can't really blame westerners for taking advantage of what they get taxed for but yes when it comes to resilience the Asians would nail it !

I have to confess I cringed a bit at the 'poor me' comment from NYC - that was comfortably the most horrific thing I've ever seen, I think they were fairly justified. That's not something you could easily dust yourself down (excuse the pun) and return to the office next day. 

"Poor me" was a bad description 

But there was a morose for so long 

Again, 2 very different type of tragedies

So maybe I shouldn't compare.....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

You raise an interesting point and I do think westerners expect everything to be perfect. However, this is not some genetic issue or something resulting from a birth defect. It’s as a result of living in a generally well ordered wealthy democracy that promotes social welfare, fairness and the ability for all to speak freely. When you are from a society and culture where you are told to keep your mouth shut or go to jail if you say too much, look up to those who are wealthier, have little to no social welfare and have your house flooded or air filled with smog perennially, then I guess it promotes a get on with it attitude. What else can you do? Wait for the national guard to step in and help. Wait for social welfare groups to rehouse your. Wait for the government to spend billions on flood management or early purchase of vaccines in a pandemic. Westerners display a spoiled and entitled attitude to disasters because they are. Thais display stoicism and an uncomplaining attitude because there is no alternative. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

You raise an interesting point and I do think westerners expect everything to be perfect. However, this is not some genetic issue or something resulting from a birth defect. It’s as a result of living in a generally well ordered wealthy democracy that promotes social welfare, fairness and the ability for all to speak freely. When you are from a society and culture where you are told to keep your mouth shut or go to jail if you say too much, look up to those who are wealthier, have little to no social welfare and have your house flooded or air filled with smog perennially, then I guess it promotes a get on with it attitude. What else can you do? Wait for the national guard to step in and help. Wait for social welfare groups to rehouse your. Wait for the government to spend billions on flood management or early purchase of vaccines in a pandemic. Westerners display a spoiled and entitled attitude to disasters because they are. Thais display stoicism and an uncomplaining attitude because there is no alternative. 

Yeah you make good points

We just had two horrendous dealings with doctors in Thailand 

My wife's dentist was scamming her on braces 

I was so pissed they would jeopardize her teeth health

And she basically "shrugged "

• Like 1

I have a sort of comparison to this, in  a weird way 

Living in Canada

Canadians are such walkovers and won't ever complain that there are so many instances where the city/businesses take advantage 

Experience the city. The city government makes so many decisions without ever thinking of the impact to residents but they don't care

No one will complain........

Prices are so high here(social policies are the main reason)

But they add on so much more here because no one will complain 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Benroon said:

Your adulation of the very definition of incompetence is breathtaking (unless you know something everyone else doesn't)

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/anutin-charnvirakul-man-in-firing-line-for-thailands-covid-crisis/

So how well did he do on the vaccine orders, you know the thing that really WILL stop people succumbing to Covid - did he predict that stunning clusterf*** ? How many would be alive if he had ordered enough vaccines ? He is the HEALTH MINISTER FFS ! 

Well I just at the facts. Looks you still haven't got over his comments about the farangers refusing to wear masks in Thailand during a pandemic.

Let's compare the UK and Thailand with similar populations.

uK dead 139,461

Thai dead. 18,699

uK death rate 2,040

Thai death rate. 267

And let's not forget the numbers were extremely low in Thailand before the British Alpha strain showed up here. A strain that mutated because of the high numbers in the UK despite all the denials.

Unfortunately Thailand were a bit slow to get vaccines that went to countries who has a much more urgent need. 

And the farangers like to float about their superior vaccine rollouts, but they are not proving to be that effective and the silver bullet they promised. The other measures were.

Time to get over it and admit he was correct by saying the way the farangers behave will and has caused a big spread of covid and this has killed millions.

Yesterday new cases 

uK 44,577

Thai 9,744

And finally deaths yesterday in heavily vaccinated

UK 135

Thailand 74

Anutin was on the money last March, that's for sure.

Some people are blinded by their anti Thai everything bias and ignore facts and statistics.

• Like 1

You raise an interesting point and I do think westerners expect everything to be perfect.

Wow, sounds like a great country where you are from. 

You won't like it in Thailand.

6 hours ago, Benroon said:

They are not 10 times as bad - where are the figures for that ? 

Here https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/geographical-distribution-2019-ncov-cases 

Americas and Europe cases 170m (December 2019 - 3 days ago) and Asia just under 70m a multiple of 2.4, the same for deaths 3.5m v 1m - where are you getting '10 times' from ? - plus build into that who you think has the more robust reporting ! 

You are correct however, they are not stupid - that is why there is nationwide distrust and hatred for your mate. Perhaps you know better than the indigenous population.

So it is better here.

You complain a lot mate.

Harden up.

On 10/22/2021 at 10:33 PM, Thaiger said:

PM Prayut Chan-o-cha may be opening up Thailand to international travellers, but Minister of Tourism and Sports Pipat Ratchakitprakan is aiming to open up entertainment venues to those international travellers. The Tourism Minister plans on officially proposing that entertainment venues, bars, nightclubs, karaoke lounges, pubs and other nightlife venues be reopening in the Blue Zones, the new term for the expanded Sandbox destinations. In a TV interview today, the minister said he planned to introduce the measure in a CCSA general meeting next week, requesting that in key areas entertainment venues reopen on November 1. The proposal would focus on […]

The story Tourism Minister proposes reopening entertainment venues November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Let's hope Phuket opens up properly

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

Well I just at the facts. Looks you still haven't got over his comments about the farangers refusing to wear masks in Thailand during a pandemic.

Let's compare the UK and Thailand with similar populations.

uK dead 139,461

Thai dead. 18,699

uK death rate 2,040

Thai death rate. 267

And let's not forget the numbers were extremely low in Thailand before the British Alpha strain showed up here. A strain that mutated because of the high numbers in the UK despite all the denials.

Unfortunately Thailand were a bit slow to get vaccines that went to countries who has a much more urgent need. 

And the farangers like to float about their superior vaccine rollouts, but they are not proving to be that effective and the silver bullet they promised. The other measures were.

Time to get over it and admit he was correct by saying the way the farangers behave will and has caused a big spread of covid and this has killed millions.

Yesterday new cases 

uK 44,577

Thai 9,744

And finally deaths yesterday in heavily vaccinated

UK 135

Thailand 74

Anutin was on the money last March, that's for sure.

Some people are blinded by their anti Thai everything bias and ignore facts and statistics.

Too true

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 11:04 PM, BIGGLES said:

I think you're  being optimistic with 2 or 3 weeks. I personally don't think 2 or 3 months is even close. 

I personally believe given the current situation, tourism is stuffed for 2 or 3 years at least, got to make it easy to come, got to make it attractive to come. Right now,  it's neither. 

Just my view.😊

Totally agree...But in addition has to be easy to "RETURN".  And that situation is not even close, when it comes to returning from Thailand.

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

My local beach was like a war zone, Nai Harn but within a couple of days people where there clearing up the place, my friend a builder had a couple of JCB's and wagons down there within 4 days the beach was cleared I remember that year was really busy,

On another day we went to Kata beach and the army and the navy where there cleaning the beach,

Groups of people standing at the junctions handing out water,

The photo was 4 days later on Kata beach 

Picture 082.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Wow, sounds like a great country where you are from. 

You won't like it in Thailand.

Thank you. It is a great country, one of the finest in the world. My forefathers worked hard to make it that way. 

You are wrong however about me not liking Thailand. I do like it and have been traveling and living in Thailand for well over 20 years.