News Forum - Full details on the 3 ways to travel to Thailand from November 1

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Future Headlines: "Backlog of PCR Tests Causing Tourists To Spend Multiple Nights In Hotels With No Answers"

That is why I am staying away for another month or so, wait until the rush is over.

Well I say rush, it might be more or a trickle, who knows?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Faz said:

Takes between 8 to 24 hours from the test to get the results dependant on the time of day you take the test.

If your flight was on a Friday, arrange the test Wednesday, guaranteed to have the results Thursday at the latest.

Thanks, any tips on the best company to use in the UK?

• Like 1

So I was planning to be in Bangkok mid November to visit my girlfriend. I know we have to book a SHA Plus-certified hotel or ASQ for a minimum of 1 day to get the results back from the PCR test on arrival. Once I test negative and I am free to leave, I will be staying the rest of my vacation with my gf in her condo. My question is, will it be an issue that the remaining stay is not in a booked hotel? I will download the MorChana app so they can track my whereabouts but I want to be sure its not mandatory to have to stay in a hotel after the arrival PCR test result is given and I am free to leave. 

Also I am a little lost with having to do a Charter flight to Bangkok for no quarantine. I was planning to fly in from the USA with Qatar Airways. Will this be fine?

Can someone provide a website where I can book 1 day stay in a SHA Plus-certified hotel or ASQ? All the ones I have found are minimum of 7 day stay.

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Future Headlines: "Backlog of PCR Tests Causing Tourists To Spend Multiple Nights In Hotels With No Answers"

Here is a thought....

Book a hotel in BKK for 3 nights and enjoy yourself instead of worrying about things....

There is a nice, stress free solution to people worrying

Book a nice 4/5 star hotel, with a nice pool and just relax.......

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, JamesR said:

That is why I am staying away for another month or so, wait until the rush is over.

Well I say rush, it might be more or a trickle, who knows?

Just wait 2 to 3 months after reopening, hopefully the situation improves during those time. DO NOT go there during reopening or else it will be chaos during arrival, everybody will be flustered, disappointed, crying, upset, screaming, mad, violent or whatever wanna call it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trakzter said:

But they use the expression "Chartered Flights" in the pressrelease for the non-quarantine option.

What does this mean. Is it the Scheduled Airlines like Thai , SIngapore Air , AF , KLM etc ?

Yes I picked up on that and posted the same question. The “feeling” is this is a mistake and they do in fact mean Scheduled flights. It’s basic stuff they still get tripped up on 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ace035 said:

ust wait 2 to 3 months after reopening, hopefully the situation improves during those time.

Or locked down again 😳. I’m really concerned what will happen when the bars and nightlife open up again in December. As I mentioned on another thread, the U.K. is seeing a significant rise in cases following the reopening a couple of months ago. I feel sure this is due to Schools, bars and clubs opening up. The rise in cases is not being tracked at the same rate with hospitalisations due to high vaccination levels, and hence the U.K. can keep going. Should Thailand experience a similar increase in cases two months after opening Schools, bars and clubs, it would see a sharper increase in hospitalisation due to lower vaccination levels.

The opening in November is a very small step to take. It’s the December relaxation of nightlife that is the real risk. If you want it be back in Thailand for any reason other than a couple of weeks holiday, I would suggest getting back before the end of January, the latest end of February. I sincerely hope I am wrong. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I'd assume the UK is just like Canada and US, so many travel covid testing sites have popped up.

Just google "travel covid testing" and there will be plenty near you, I am sure there will be plenty for you

And they are geared towards travel testing, so assured you get it back before your flight

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Hi @JamesR. I don’t have an immediate answer but I thought I would look around on Google. This has thrown up a surprising question. It seems many sites (most in fact) offer to send you a home test kit which you can then drop off or have collected. They say that they guarantee a “certificate of results” emailed to you within 24 hours. Surely that’s unacceptable to use an unsupervised home test kit? Will the airline you are flying with accept such a thing or would it need to be done within a certified clinic?  Clear as mud! I know Four people who have returned to Thailand over the last year using ASQ, all have gone to private test clinics for their tests. 

Edited by Soidog
Typos
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tjampman said:

I will report back when I know. I am planning to go on Nov 17, and have uploaded the Emirates multi risk policy as my insurance cover in the COE process.

I am a bit worried the answer is no,  as I haven't gotten any reply for 5 working days. Supposed to be answered within 3 days.

If you're arriving after Nov 2, you'll need to use the new Thailand Pass website https://tp.consular.go.th/  (the website is not active yet). You are unlikely to get any response for your Coe application.

When you arrive in Thailand you will have a PCR test, if the result is positive, you'll have to got to hospital, you'll stay there until you get at least one negative test.

Not every insurer will cover the cost of an asymptomatic trip to hospital. You'll need "$50 000 Covid Insurance" for the Thailand pass website. As far as I'm aware, this is only available from  Thai Insurers.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Hi @JamesR. I don’t have an immediate answer but I thought I would look around on Google. This has thrown up a surprising question. It seems many sites (most in fact) offer to send you a home test kit which you can then drop off or have collected. They say that they guarantee a “certificate of results” emailed to you within 24 hours. Surely that’s unacceptable to use an unsupervised home test kit? Will the airline you are flying with accept such a thing or would it need to be done within a certified clinic?  Clear as mud! I know Four people who have returned to Thailand over the last year using ASQ, all have gone to private test clinics for their tests. 

That is why I asked the question as there seem to be so many fly-by-night companies around as the government did not vet them properly before allowing them onto their list of approved companies. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ace035 said:

Just wait 2 to 3 months after reopening, hopefully the situation improves during those time. DO NOT go there during reopening or else it will be chaos during arrival, everybody will be flustered, disappointed, crying, upset, screaming, mad, violent or whatever wanna call it.

"...everybody will be flustered, disappointed, crying, upset, screaming, mad, violent or whatever wanna call it."

And that will just be the immigrations officers, we will be in a worse state. LOL

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes I picked up on that and posted the same question. The “feeling” is this is a mistake and they do in fact mean Scheduled flights. It’s basic stuff they still get tripped up on 

Unfortunate reporting and/or poor translation, exactly the same thing happened with Phuket Sandbox, it later transpired they meant commercial flights.

• Like 1

"For those wanting to travel to Thailand from one of the 46 approved countries, entry requirements are as follows"

what if I live in one of these 46 countries, fly from there to Thailand but I am a citizen of a country not on the list? especially in shenghen area not so easy to track border crossing either

So onto where we are now - what you need has been clarified, sort of, so now it just needs uploading right ? 

Right where's the Thailand Pass ? - do you think they know it's not up and running yet 9 days before people are going to start needing it ?

12 minutes ago, pdk said:

"For those wanting to travel to Thailand from one of the 46 approved countries, entry requirements are as follows"

what if I live in one of these 46 countries, fly from there to Thailand but I am a citizen of a country not on the list? especially in shenghen area not so easy to track border crossing either

You should reside in the approved country for a period of at least 21 days. But, as you say, if you happen to be from Slovakia or Lichtenstein, nothing to stop you pulling a fast one.

21 minutes ago, pdk said:

You'll be ok. It's where you have been residing not where you come from 

28 minutes ago, Benroon said:

You'll be ok. It's where you have been residing not where you come from 

I actually could see that being an issue, to be honest 

I will say when flying back to Canada from US it took quite a while checking our documents to make sure we both qualified for entry 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tjampman said:

I will report back when I know. I am planning to go on Nov 17, and have uploaded the Emirates multi risk policy as my insurance cover in the COE process.

I am a bit worried the answer is no,  as I haven't gotten any reply for 5 working days. Supposed to be answered within 3 days.

did you not need the insurance policy for visa ?

2 years ago I needed a booked flight for visa and a booked hotel,

so insurance is for CEO or new Thai Pass only ?

there are 31 pages of insurance policy at PDF, did you use this  ?

Edited by satpete