News Forum - Full details on the 3 ways to travel to Thailand from November 1

Thaiger

On 10/22/2021 at 6:59 AM, satpete said:

but are there still visas on arrival, or for 30 , 60 and 90 days as before  ?

Thai embassies in many countries will not handle it fast,
nearly impossible to fly in November

Voa's are beginning again on October 31st.

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

Is it really that bad in Luton nowadays?

I was there in about 1983 for a visit and it was a bit rough then.

It's got worse since I wrote that lol - I put a gloss on it !!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

A bit like South East England, if it gets below 1C here or there are more than ten snowflakes falling within a 24 hr period everyone panics and hides. 

and stocks up on toilet rolls ! 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chuck said:

I'm 76 yrs. old. All insurance companies won't issue a policy past 75! What does the government expect me to do??  

See response in thread >

Am coming mid January. Great if they abandon that PCR test on arrival and forced AQ hotel for one night. https://asq.in.th/  Hotels pretty pricey. So many questions; do you just make your own way to the hotel from Suvarnabhumi? (Taxi/Train etc) Does the hotels on that site include the PCR test at the hotel or do you have to make your way to a clinic yourself? What if the result is delayed? 

So many questions, would not feel at all comfortable arriving in next 2 months with a lot of the finer details unclear. Will see on the forums how it pans out.....

Anyone here so far has had any luck in booking the one night quarantine package? The hotels that already published the package prices are not really responding to me efficiently. Maybe they are still working on the process? 

5 hours ago, Dr.Sivada said:

Anyone here so far has had any luck in booking the one night quarantine package? The hotels that already published the package prices are not really responding to me efficiently. Maybe they are still working on the process? 

Just looking around also. They all mention 7 nights up till now.
Guess they will have to change after end of this month.

1 hour ago, Alavan said:

Just looking around also. They all mention 7 nights up till now.
Guess they will have to change after end of this month.

Who knows what is going on?

This is the STV visa which has supposed to have been extended for another year but according to the Thai Embassy London web page it has not been extended, I give up, too much nonsense to go through to get a visa, no one seems to know what is going on?

Link https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/special-tourist-visa-stv?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562

1308179766_Image26-10-2021at18_29.thumb.jpg.ddb5199097a5bf4da16c6f183b63bfdc.jpg

Yes, I am having the same problem in the USA.  The e-Visa website does NOT include the Special Tourist Visa as a option.  The local consulate does not have any information as to how to apply for a STV.  Tim Newton, who can we contact to correct this oversight? 

On 10/27/2021 at 12:46 AM, JamesR said:

This is the STV visa which has supposed to have been extended for another year but according to the Thai Embassy London web page it has not been extended, I give up, too much nonsense to go through to get a visa, no one seems to know what is going on?

The Thai cabinet announced an extension to the STV until Sept 2022. The Thai Embassy UK hasn't updated it's website to reflect that, but I can confirm it is available as per their reply to my email email enquiry dated 4th October 2021.

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your email.

1)
If you wish to apply for an STV visa  & COE, please follow the steps below.

2)
Please note that all in-person visa services are suspended. Visa services will be provided online only.  .

3)
1) Please visit www.thaievisa.go.th 
2) Sign up for individual   
3) Complete the visa application, submit and make a payment online 
4) From 27 September 2021, you do not need to post your passport and original supporting documents to the embassy. 
5) Instead, your visa will be approved online, and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to your registered email address. 
6) You may print a copy of your visa for airlines and Thai Immigration officials to carry out checks when traveling to Thailand. 

4)
Providing you meet all the eligibility criteria, and uploaded all the required documents in the visa system, the current online visa processing time is approximately 2-3 working days, from the date your visa application is submitted 

Please check online for your visa status. "Finished" & "Issued Visa" means your visa has been granted, and the online email confirmation has been sent to you. 

5)
Once the visa has been approved (or if you have an existing valid visa, or if you wish to go on a visa exemption), you may proceed to apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE). All passengers traveling to Thailand need a COE issued by the Royal Thai Embassy to enter the country. Each passenger has to register and apply individually.  

(Please note for visa exemption, please choose "medium-term stay" and then "visa exemption" on the COE application.) 

6)
Also, prior to your departure, it is necessary for all non-Thai passengers to have the following documents ready to be presented to the immigration upon your arrival. Failure to do so can result in the denial of entering the Kingdom of Thailand. 

1. The Certificate of Entry issued by the Royal Thai Embassy  
3. Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure 
4. Copy of your insurance policy which covers COVID and no less than 100,000 USD medical coverage 
5. Copy of your Confirmed booking at an ASQ hotel (if you are arriving in Bangkok), or SHA hotel if you are participating in the Phuket Sandbox.  
6. T.8 form 

I hope this is of assistance, but please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Warmest regards,
The Visa Team

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DanZMonterey said:

Yes, I am having the same problem in the USA.  The e-Visa website does NOT include the Special Tourist Visa as a option.  The local consulate does not have any information as to how to apply for a STV.  Tim Newton, who can we contact to correct this oversight? 

If memory serves me correct you apply for the STV on the online E-Visa system under the Tourist Visa category.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Faz said:

The Thai cabinet announced an extension to the STV until Sept 2022. The Thai Embassy UK hasn't updated it's website to reflect that, but I can confirm it is available as per their reply to my email email enquiry dated 4th October 2021.

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your email.

1)
If you wish to apply for an STV visa  & COE, please follow the steps below.

2)
Please note that all in-person visa services are suspended. Visa services will be provided online only.  .

3)
1) Please visit www.thaievisa.go.th 
2) Sign up for individual   
3) Complete the visa application, submit and make a payment online 
4) From 27 September 2021, you do not need to post your passport and original supporting documents to the embassy. 
5) Instead, your visa will be approved online, and a confirmation e-mail will be sent to your registered email address. 
6) You may print a copy of your visa for airlines and Thai Immigration officials to carry out checks when traveling to Thailand. 

4)
Providing you meet all the eligibility criteria, and uploaded all the required documents in the visa system, the current online visa processing time is approximately 2-3 working days, from the date your visa application is submitted 

Please check online for your visa status. "Finished" & "Issued Visa" means your visa has been granted, and the online email confirmation has been sent to you. 

5)
Once the visa has been approved (or if you have an existing valid visa, or if you wish to go on a visa exemption), you may proceed to apply for a Certificate of Entry (COE). All passengers traveling to Thailand need a COE issued by the Royal Thai Embassy to enter the country. Each passenger has to register and apply individually.  

(Please note for visa exemption, please choose "medium-term stay" and then "visa exemption" on the COE application.) 

6)
Also, prior to your departure, it is necessary for all non-Thai passengers to have the following documents ready to be presented to the immigration upon your arrival. Failure to do so can result in the denial of entering the Kingdom of Thailand. 

1. The Certificate of Entry issued by the Royal Thai Embassy  
3. Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected (COVID test must be by RT-PCR method), issued within 72 hours before departure 
4. Copy of your insurance policy which covers COVID and no less than 100,000 USD medical coverage 
5. Copy of your Confirmed booking at an ASQ hotel (if you are arriving in Bangkok), or SHA hotel if you are participating in the Phuket Sandbox.  
6. T.8 form 

I hope this is of assistance, but please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Warmest regards,
The Visa Team

Thanks @Faz that was really helpful, I will leave until I have had my third vaccine in a few weeks time and then I will apply, cheers. 

16 hours ago, DanZMonterey said:

See @Faz reply above with the details of the applications for the STV.

On 10/24/2021 at 2:40 AM, Piney2000 said:

What are the rules for children under 18, travelling with fully vaccinated parents?

Same as sandbox or is thus going to change??

Travellers under 12 years of age, travelling with their parents or guardians, are exempt from this vaccination requirement, but must have a Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected issued no more than 72 hours before travelling.

Test & Go: Quarantine-Free Thailand Reopening for Vaccinated Tourists From 1 November 2021 - TAT Newsroom

On 10/23/2021 at 4:12 AM, Tjampman said:

In my case I need a travel insurance that covers covid,  to my understanding the Emirates multi risk insurance should cover this.

So,  yes, I uploaded the policy you are referring to.

What do you mean by uploaded the policy.

When you book with Emirates and receive your flight itinerary, you then contact AIG with your booking reference number. AIG will then email the full policy with all your details.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Tjampman said:

Ok I didn't know that. I just downloaded the general policy from the Emirates website, but I will try to contact AIG, like you say. Hopefully I will then get a policy that has my details, name and dates etc.

Page 1 of the 3 page AIG Insurance policy - edited personal details.

Note; C Medical and other expenses including Covid.

1264231790_AIGP1.thumb.jpg.8700f83eb40e74a15743de50f0d805af.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2021 at 11:38 AM, Dr.Sivada said:

Hi, I have booked my 1 night stay with Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square via their dedicated page below.

They replied to my request within a few hours with the payment authorisation form and then issued the confirmation letter quickly after receiving my payment details.

https://www.novotelbkk.com/bangkok-hotel/sha-certification-hotel/

• Thanks 1