News Forum - 1 dead, 1 injured in prop gun shooting on Alec Baldwin movie set

Thaiger

A prop gun malfunction on the set of a movie in Santa Fe, New Mexico in the US led to 1 death and 1 person in emergency care after being shot on set. The film “Rust”, a Western movie produced and starring Alec Baldwin and directed by Joel Souza was the site of the tragedy where what should have been a prop gun filled with blanks somehow managed to fire and hit 2 people. Sources say the accident occurred as a scene was being rehearsed or filmed with Alec Baldwin firing a prop gun. Police responded to a 911 emergency […]

The story 1 dead, 1 injured in prop gun shooting on Alec Baldwin movie set as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

This matter needs serious investigation as Alec Baldwin has not been in a sound state of mind for some time now he's had serious anger management issues. 

Let's look at the facts Prop Gun?

1. Was it a blank firing replica.

2. Was it a operational firearm with blank rounds.

If it was a blank firing replica he would have had to fire it point blank into 2 x Victims eyeballs to do any sort of damage even then highly unlikely to cause a fatality. 

Sounds more like an operational firearm,follow the fact 2 x casualties from an accident we a prop gun doesn't add up.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mickkotlarski said:

Another tragedy like the filming of The Twilight Zone years ago. Sad news indeed.

I didn’t know about the Twilight Zone. I know Bruce Lee’s son Brandon died during the making of The Crow. 

Very sad and tragic news. Baldwin must be distraught and the family of the injured and deceased devastated. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 23RD said:

This matter needs serious investigation as Alec Baldwin has not been in a sound state of mind for some time now he's had serious anger management issues. 

If it was a blank firing replica he would have had to fire it point blank into 2 x Victims eyeballs to do any sort of damage even then highly unlikely to cause a fatality. 

Sounds more like an operational firearm,follow the fact 2 x casualties from an accident we a prop gun doesn't add up.

I was gonna say he does have a long history of  being a off the wall wacko .Between anger management classes , fits of rage and assaults… It needs a full inquiry .

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I didn’t know about the Twilight Zone. I know Bruce Lee’s son Brandon died during the making of The Crow. 

Very sad and tragic news. Baldwin must be distraught and the family of the injured and deceased devastated. 

Yes. He's in tears.

On the subject of the Twilight Zone, Vic Morrow was hacked to death during filming by helicopter blades in the Vietnam War scene.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mickkotlarski said:

Yes. He's in tears.

On the subject of the Twilight Zone, Vic Morrow was hacked to death during filming by helicopter blades in the Vietnam War scene.

Oh yes, I do recall that now. I was thinking about firearms. 

It will be interesting to see what happens next. Someone has died and someone or some group are to blame. Was Baldwin operating the prop in line with guidelines or fooling around. Was correct procedure for storage of the gun followed. We’re safety procedures followed. These are all questions the police will need answers to. You can’t have a person die on a film set and no one be accountable if not responsible. 

• Like 3

Just now, Soidog said:

It will be interesting to see what happens next. Someone has died and someone or some group are to blame. Was Baldwin operating the prop in line with guidelines or fooling around. Was correct procedure for storage of the gun followed. We’re safety procedures followed. These are all questions the police will need answers to. You can’t have a person die on a film set and no one be accountable if not responsible. 

I imagine a result of investigations will be revealed soon enough.

9 hours ago, 23RD said:

Conspiracies everywhere! Could just as easily have happened to Stephen Baldwin. LA Times reports that there were problems on the set with working conditions and union crew walked out five hours before accident. There had been problems with prop gun misfiring previously. Unclear why you would think why Alec Baldwin's personal issues would play any part in this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

There had been problems with prop gun misfiring previously. Unclear why you would think why Alec Baldwin's personal issues would play any part in this.

1. 2x Casualties 

2. Alex Baldwin has had mental health problems for a while now I suspect brought on by alcohol or substance abuse.

But the facts should come out soon enough. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, 23RD said:

1. 2x Casualties 

2. Alex Baldwin has had mental health problems for a while now I suspect brought on by alcohol or substance abuse.

But the facts should come out soon enough. 

Then let the facts come out and stop including conjecture. If you want the facts that are known at this time, then go read the LA Times article.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Then let the facts come out and stop including conjecture. If you want the facts that are known at this time, then go read the LA Times article

A strange statement Bub is The LA TIMES privy to Law enforcement investigations?.

As I recall there not exactly a reliable news source.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Soidog said:

Major problems prior

With even 2 misfirings of the gun

I would think the producers would be held responsible 

Baldwin was one of the producers 

Likely civil, not criminal though 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

2 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Major problems prior

With even 2 misfirings of the gun

I would think the producers would be held responsible 

Baldwin was one of the producers 

Likely civil, not criminal though 

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-22/alec-baldwin-rust-camera-crew-walked-off-set?_amp=true&__twitter_impression=true

I agree that someone will be held responsible. You can’t have a death like this in what is after all, a place of work. Utterly crazy. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I agree that someone will be held responsible. You can’t have a death like this in what is after all, a place of work. Utterly crazy. 

Yeah it could end up criminal negligence 

And as a producer, people can look at Baldwin as liable, certainly 

Not for any nonsense conspiracy theories 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 23RD said:

A strange statement Bub is The LA TIMES privy to Law enforcement investigations?.

As I recall there not exactly a reliable news source.

Sky News Australia is referring to it as an accident. Does that satisfy your criteria or do I need to find a Q thread on Reddit too.

25 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Sky News Australia is referring to it as an accident. Does that satisfy your criteria or do I need to find a Q thread on Reddit too.

Well off course it's an accident until proven otherwise Bud under UK Law Baldwin would have been immediately arrested on suspicion of Manslaughter for a firearms incident while on investigation is ongoing. 

I'm don't know what the regulations i under New Mexico State Law are maybe one off are American OP's can enlighten us.

Edited by 23RD

I cannot understand how the investigation is not looking into the "prop master" who in responsible for all props on a movie set? 

And why was Alec pointing a gun at the Director of Photography....weird

I thought all guns were just props these days and the sound was added later.  Actual blanks that make noise like a shot are unnecessary AFAIK  

Not the first time this has happened. Either this was a blank that went wrong, or it was a live round. If it was the latter there are a lot of questions to be answered.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 23RD said:

Well off course it's an accident until proven otherwise Bud under UK Law Baldwin would have been immediately arrested on suspicion of Manslaughter for a firearms incident while on investigation is ongoing. 

I'm don't know what the regulations i under New Mexico State Law are maybe one off are American OP's can enlighten us.

Why does that matter?

He's not in the UK

Unless eyewitnesses said Baldwin intentionally shot them, they would not arrest or charge anyone until they do an investigation 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ExpatPattaya said:

I cannot understand how the investigation is not looking into the "prop master" who in responsible for all props on a movie set? 

I thought all guns were just props these days and the sound was added later.  Actual blanks that make noise like a shot are unnecessary AFAIK  

I live in Vancouver where they should a huge % of movies and TV shows 

Walking by sets, there are all kinds of people standing very close to the actors as the scene is being shot 

1 hour ago, ExpatPattaya said:

The scene involved him shooting towards the camera as he walked backwards out of a church. So...the person would be behind the camera. Not difficult to grasp.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, thingamabob said:

Not the first time this has happened. Either this was a blank that went wrong, or it was a live round. If it was the latter there are a lot of questions to be answered.

In the past some of these accidents were caused by debris being left in the gun from previous firing. I read that they did say that there was a live round, real bullet. Which has no business being on a movie set.