News Forum - Biden reaffirms US would defend Taiwan against Chinese attack

Thaiger

2 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

But if it had been China in Afghanistan, I think they would have a lot fewer compunction about civilian casualties.

Fewer as in ZERO I totally agree. There certainly wouldn't be any world press in there reporting on the atrocities being committed by the CCP.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, HiuMak said:

Empty kettle makes the most noise. Where is the US when Chinese impose the National Security Law in Hong Kong before 2047? 

I understand your point based on principle. However, like all conflicts, countries only enter in to them if they have a vested interest. No such interest existed for Hong Kong. I regularly think similar things about the western powers. We invade Afghanistan and Iraq and claim it’s to liberate people from tyranny. Where were we in Rwanda, Angola or even Myanmar today? No vested interest and so nothing more than a few diplomatic comments. The world is a harsh place!  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Soidog said:

I understand your point based on principle. However, like all conflicts, countries only enter in to them if they have a vested interest. No such interest existed for Hong Kong. I regularly think similar things about the western powers. We invade Afghanistan and Iraq and claim it’s to liberate people from tyranny. Where were we in Rwanda, Angola or even Myanmar today? No vested interest and so nothing more than a few diplomatic comments. The world is a harsh place!  

Agree. it's ashamed after 20 years in afghanistan and to let it go its effort and lives loss during this time. 

• Like 1