News Forum - Thailand’s focus on wealthy tourists won’t benefit small business

Thaiger

1 hour ago, HiuMak said:

Someone please tell me where i can get some free thai food😂

Thai are very generous and will frequently address you when you visit their home with "have you eaten". It's like saying how are you. 

Years ago when  visiting places with a Thai university I was advised to taste a little, but realized that might be all the family has for the day. They don't want to seem stingy with guests. I think this was great advise. Now when we visit we always bring gifts, especially food. 

Many poor get left over food at the temple. It's really only appropriate for those in great need, but I've heard that foreign backpackers will show up. 

Those who want to lead a nomadic lifestyle might find they are less welcome in many Asian countries. 

1 hour ago, HiuMak said:

Someone please tell me where i can get some free thai food😂

Not FREE but many food vendor prices are close to it.

Check out this inspirational video > 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alex said:

These guys have no idea how insulting and demeaning this kind of biased program is. To tell us that we're less than a "quality" human being because we don't have a pocket full of money is classist bigotry. From the 2 tiered pricing system that's just been okay'd by the courts to this personal insult (yes, I'm taking this personally,) I'm done here. I hear Vietnam is a pretty good place to be these days. Enough of this.

Ha

This guy is seriously getting upset because a country wants tourist to spend as much money as possible 

I honestly don't think this forum is the real world 5555

You do realize how tourism works, right??

1 hour ago, LoongFred said:

Thai are very generous and will frequently address you when you visit their home with "have you eaten". It's like saying how are you. 

Years ago when  visiting places with a Thai university I was advised to taste a little, but realized that might be all the family has for the day. They don't want to seem stingy with guests. I think this was great advise. Now when we visit we always bring gifts, especially food. 

Many poor get left over food at the temple. It's really only appropriate for those in great need, but I've heard that foreign backpackers will show up. 

Those who want to lead a nomadic lifestyle might find they are less welcome in many Asian countries. 

Most Thai conversations start off with asking "what did you eat today?"

It's there unique way of saying hello and showing concern

And it's so perfectly Thai, with it being the most obsessed their food of any country I've ever been