Show me your Order

spicy_girl

35 baht pork chop had them last year at the newly opened Market Village food court near home. The mall just happened to open during those Covid bad times when people weren't keen to go out much hence they did a promotion for the entire month which is whatever dishes ordered from the food court would be subsidized 50% by the mall.

So ended up this pork chop that usually costs 70 baht ended up costing me just 35 baht. No surprise as to where my lunch and dinner were had during that entire promo month. The receipt is the proof of price. 35 baht that's like $1, what kind of meal can we get for $1 back at home?

If you're wondering why there's a fried egg, they ran out of fries/mashed potatoes at that time 🤭

20210319_192031.thumb.jpg.89e95f1276b061a6519d568a82ac6dff.jpg 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Noble_Design said:

35 baht pork chop had them last year at the newly opened Market Village food court near home. The mall just happened to open during those Covid bad times when people weren't keen to go out much hence they did a promotion for the entire month which is whatever dishes ordered from the food court would be subsidized 50% by the mall.

So ended up this pork chop that usually costs 70 baht ended up costing me just 35 baht. No surprise as to where my lunch and dinner were had during that entire promo month. The receipt is the proof of price. 35 baht that's like $1, what kind of meal can we get for $1 back at home?

If you're wondering why there's a fried egg, they ran out of fries/mashed potatoes at that time 🤭

20210319_192031.thumb.jpg.89e95f1276b061a6519d568a82ac6dff.jpg 

Is that sauce on the salad the sweet mayonnaise type?

13 minutes ago, steve860 said:

It's been a year so I can't really remember the taste but if I reckon a guess I would say yes it's most probably the sweet type. Probably the cheapest type too 🤔

5 hours ago, steve860 said:

Probably what they call "salad cream" in Asia

And I love it!

Not the healthiest though.....

On 4/3/2022 at 5:56 PM, Noble_Design said:

35 baht 🤣🤣🤣 OMG I love Thailand 😁

• 3 weeks later...

Ok people what it this called?

My says it's just an Orange

Tastes like and orange 

But looks like a lime and an orange had sexual relations  5555

20220429_094513.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Ok people what it this called?

My says it's just an Orange

Tastes like and orange 

But looks like a lime and an orange had sexual relations  5555

20220429_094513.jpg

Yes an orange, or 'som' in Thai. 

You'll also find 'som o' or Pomelo which is an ancestor of the modern grapefruit.  Many wonderful fruits such as these have either evolved naturally or by design into the varieties which sell better or are more easily peeled.

• 2 weeks later...

I just happened to be in Bangkok and dined at the OGBH on Suk 11 - that's the Old German Beer House for those who've yet to sample their wide ranging German & Thai menu.  Always a huge meal serving and one might easily share among 2 persons, especially their pork knuckle and schnitzel dishes >

sybDPEUrXB1seM6cmm2g5RITGoX-TaAPHwXI5ZUXVv0FhX4LEW-7qUFlUhV5QnGynux6pLitzCgwNqiT46d-lSw3menWw5hlr9m1XEBU_6w_GME6T5td8VroC7kgQ28TUTn82G0DE-WWY_xo9LITw16i3IR40VM2u_spHZ-Yr4GcCyesaJK9p7BGxo2KX73R80V_w-d0AFC0zz_MvwHyqxBtwzCnodgvmKSXGoEfs0XGpW3fO_5B2WHeMv2A0tR9S2xQocof60tcS8wdv3UpRxGlioBmy5MiVD39mSfRO0S6NvAbWvu37lVUwPkRJOrqRU6m_QBiYmgo2R-ZnqbjUsAswd3yjPEuKriqZ6vE2nyLdIQjm0ea7dBtoq6JDfq9G6SSsDmHeXRlMDPW0tzALvPEs8BOqZveuHB6wTEU8BmzhK1Ur2nm_gjUH_9WXAbTYkQLSo8oG5lWuQIXkwGMfpo0igQcTNqxi-8cA6X9LxTyoVhKT9shP6uGl2I9XfXYJtUKS40kZXfXWOxNP9G03EguP1SH4LDqhxMdXbFgPxSFXtQxxqnoezq5PzgQtyq_RcctvjhNE-uj0xgf2tkuwwS2Y_qkNFcLEICKhuWuuXBruKj6uH5N7PtRE09GqGJqx6_JPNq2lEq0KaDn1lj7tqcpXCr99iw6QcaHUhlYWVe3ajbEHThS1L3okgmmIFIhGK9lUXb-wk_9ZVNHa3Tbf7AMLbBPpUFIGYGwAEaufyFLSDruHi4zESUDsFCf=w1344-h1007-no?authuser=0

That's a jumbo-sized plate!

• 3 weeks later...

I will be adding some pics of food I've had over my 6 week trip

Today went to Nhong Rim Klong

It is basically the alternative to Jay Fai for crab omelet 

And it was amazing 

Succulent and plump crab

But it's 600 baht

Had the garlic shrimp as well but were a bit bland

Walking out I was looking into the tiny busy kitchen 

And caught the eye of a smiling chef and I said "Aloy Mai" and she let out the biggest yelp and smile

Most of these people are so awesome here!

20220602_121653.jpg

20220602_121635.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Naanlaew said:

That looks really delicious.

It was yummy 😋! It was first time we ordered the seafood curry at our favorite Thai restaurant. It was a nice surprise. 

We've got one of those serving woks though our TYG is always made with carnation milk so it doesn't look quite the same.  Was that a super-spicy dish, blow your head off, or nicely balanced?

B2E0F67E-D2A9-460F-8BAE-937D9DB1635E.jpeg

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

We've got one of those serving woks though our TYG is always made with carnation milk so it doesn't look quite the same.  Was that a super-spicy dish, blow your head off, or nicely balanced?

I asked for mild this time but it’s just right. Not in spicy mood recently 😞

• Cool 1

9 hours ago, spicy_girl said:

Thai dinner! Seafood curry and tom yum gung.

66050E4E-643B-4631-8265-A12D29CF44F1.jpeg

Lovely!

Next time, ya might ask the good chef to cut back on the oil [curry].

• Thanks 1

Tonight’s dinner. Grilled duck with sambal. It is almost blew my head off 😊. Fried rice lamb was amazing! Authentic Indonesian taste 🇮🇩

6AD1C8F1-3F62-434E-A14D-549EAE6FE87D.jpeg

CECA0B9C-D137-41FD-AC0E-E2309B31E72A.jpeg

• Confused 1

Mmmh, not sure about either of those dishes SG, might have to get a 2nd opinion 😒 🤪

Top marks for presentation and I know my wife would love the duck.   Personally, I always find lamb mince adds too much unsavoury fatty aroma and flavour, pork or chicken preferred.

Good to see you cooking and posting again ... 😊

• Like 1

Best Italian sub in the world

The peppers on top is what we call "hots"

Boston is the only place in US that puts these on heros/subs

20220729_110515.jpg

• Like 1