Here’s a breakdown of the 3 types of entry if you wish to travel to Thailand at this time…

12 minutes ago, Westsail said:

Any idea if the medical insurance provision applies to someone returning to Thailand with a 12 month marriage visa extension?

On the face of it, it applies to everyone.

Everyone currently needs the Covid insurance of US$100k to get the COE  (hopefully being replaced with Thailand Pass).

I had heard that people returning on a Reentry Permit were not being asked for evidence of the Covid insurance.......only hearsay.

8 hours ago, Westsail said:

Any idea if the medical insurance provision applies to someone returning to Thailand with a 12 month marriage visa extension?

That's medical treatment for Covid, not to be confused with Health Insurance.

It's being reduced to $50,000 USD from Nov 1st but must cover the period of stay granted on entry.
If you have an extension it must cover until the expiry date of that extension.

when they say fully vaccinated how long does that last for? if you got two doses by this sept when would that run out as far as no quarantine goes?

the insurance company that I am dealing with says:provides coverage for medical expenses, accident insurance sickness, including covid 19, which is not considered a pre existing condition. Unless I missed something, this should be all a foreigner needs

if im wrong, tell me.

ken

• Like 1

Wish they clarify the RT-PCR test before travel.  I am looking at the local (USA) urgent care center in my area, and Rapid test results are available in 15 minutes. However they say a PCR test result takes 2-3 days. Well that's cutting it close to the 72 hours Thai wants.  Guess I'll call the center.

10 hours ago, Dezmo said:

Wish they clarify the RT-PCR test before travel.  I am looking at the local (USA) urgent care center in my area, and Rapid test results are available in 15 minutes. However they say a PCR test result takes 2-3 days. Well that's cutting it close to the 72 hours Thai wants.  Guess I'll call the center.

It's only the issue of the test result that must be within 72 hours of departing - not when you took the test.
Other US citizens have gotten 24 hour turn arounds.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2021 at 9:11 AM, Westsail said:

The $50,000 USD medical insurance - yes.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 9:09 PM, Kenneth said:

the insurance company that I am dealing with says:provides coverage for medical expenses, accident insurance sickness, including covid 19, which is not considered a pre existing condition. Unless I missed something, this should be all a foreigner needs

Correct.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Faz said:

The $50,000 USD medical insurance - yes.

Thank you Faz for the answer and Kenneth for saving me having to ask.

On 11/2/2021 at 8:40 AM, Faz said:

It's only the issue of the test result that must be within 72 hours of departing - not when you took the test.
Other US citizens have gotten 24 hour turn arounds.

Just to clarify - who  will review this test result?    I assume the airline (who knows your final destination)?

I just booked from USA but 1 stop in Japan before BKK.   Just wondering who I show this test result too. 

I'll also need 1 in Thailand before leaving per USA entry requirements but assume its easy to find...

1 hour ago, Dezmo said:

Just to clarify - who  will review this test result?    I assume the airline (who knows your final destination)?

The airline before boarding and Immigration on arrival, along with all your other documents.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Faz said:

The airline before boarding and Immigration on arrival, along with all your other documents.

Interesting... so I fly JAL (AA) from USA to Tokyo and then change planes (short layover). I guess they will look at my final destination at the USA airport or wonder if they examine it when I board my last leg in Tokyo?

• 2 months later...

Received a Certificate of Entry COE Los Angeles Embassy on October 27, 2021 - flight on January 1, 2022 from USA through Canada and Germany to Phuket - Air Canada denied boarding stating "visa" was not permitted and only Thailand Pass was approved - all travel Covid and other tests provided - should they have denied me a boarding pass?

Also - current flight is through FRA - any challenges at transit to Thai Air from Lufthansa?

On 1/6/2022 at 12:15 AM, lsummerton said:

Received a Certificate of Entry COE Los Angeles Embassy on October 27, 2021 - flight on January 1, 2022 from USA through Canada and Germany to Phuket - Air Canada denied boarding stating "visa" was not permitted and only Thailand Pass was approved - all travel Covid and other tests provided - should they have denied me a boarding pass?

Did you have a COE or a Thailand Pass?
COE was no more valid on January 1st.

seems to be some confusion on here with some in charge claiming you can now only enter via sandbox Phuket etc, this might help, of course it may be different next week

pass.jpg

On 1/15/2022 at 1:13 PM, Sarisin said:

seems to be some confusion on here with some in charge claiming you can now only enter via sandbox Phuket etc, this might help, of course it may be different next week

pass.jpg

ok, this is interesting, yet also confusing.

Am I right in saying that entry via BKK is currently possible via AQ where 7 days quarantine is required?

I'm currently booked for mid April with a direct flight to BKK. Much can change by then of course. But I do like to have planed as much as possible.

Can I change my flight to Phuket if the Test & Go remains suspended? Or can I stay in AQ in BKK of 7 days?

2 hours ago, SuSuFarang said:

ok, this is interesting, yet also confusing.

Am I right in saying that entry via BKK is currently possible via AQ where 7 days quarantine is required?

Yes but people on here say no! It may change back to test and go of course anytime

2 hours ago, SuSuFarang said:

I'm currently booked for mid April with a direct flight to BKK. Much can change by then of course. But I do like to have planed as much as possible.

Can I change my flight to Phuket if the Test & Go remains suspended? Or can I stay in AQ in BKK of 7 days?

If your airline goes to Phuket you can change for a fee, leave it for a while