News Forum - 46 countries permitted to travel to Thailand from November 1, and quarantine details

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Soju said:

For the list of eligible countries it says "must reside in eligible countries for at least 21 consecutive days."  Does this mean only one eligible country or could I stay in country A for 10 days and then country B for 11 days and still qualify? 

If you stayed in two eligible Countries, one 10 days, one 11 days, then it wouldn't  be 21 'consecutive' days.

On 10/22/2021 at 5:13 PM, Soidog said:

Thank you. That’s what I’m assuming. A bugger if you are sat there itching to book a flight for Nov 1st though ….

Just have to wait I think till it gets a bit easier

On 10/22/2021 at 8:16 PM, Faz said:

If you stayed in two eligible Countries, one 10 days, one 11 days, then it wouldn't  be 21 'consecutive' days.

"Fully vaccinated travelers from the 46 listed countries and territories are required to have stayed at least 21 days in one or more of THOSE countries before traveling to Thailand."

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/november-1-re-opening-of-thailand-the-fine-print

Guess I was on to something after all...🙃

34 minutes ago, Soju said:

"Fully vaccinated travelers from the 46 listed countries and territories are required to have stayed at least 21 days in one or more of THOSE countries before traveling to Thailand."

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/november-1-re-opening-of-thailand-the-fine-print

Guess I was on to something after all...🙃

Whereas the official wording published by the MFA states;

'Must reside in eligible Counties consecutively for at least 21 days.'

Your call, I'd check direct with the MFA for clarification.

• Like 1

Yes that is good advice and I do appreciate the feedback...but it does sound promising. From the Bangkok Post: 

"Fully vaccinated visitors from the 46 listed countries are required to have stayed at least 21 days in one or more of those countries before travelling to Thailand. They can stay 10 days in the US, for example, another 10 days in France and one day in Hong Kong. The total is 21 days, then they can fly to Thailand, Mr Naruechai said."

22 minutes ago, Soju said:

Yes that is good advice and I do appreciate the feedback...but it does sound promising. From the Bangkok Post: 

"Fully vaccinated visitors from the 46 listed countries are required to have stayed at least 21 days in one or more of those countries before travelling to Thailand. They can stay 10 days in the US, for example, another 10 days in France and one day in Hong Kong. The total is 21 days, then they can fly to Thailand, Mr Naruechai said."

I would still confirm with the MFA.