News Forum - The 46 countries/territories permitted to enter Thailand from November 1

Thaiger

I think very, very few real tourists from Europe will show up in Thailand this high season. Why?

1. Restrictions and uncertainties regarding entry into LOS + Disastrous communication from the authorities

2. Covid numbers are rising sharply again in many countries in Europe. People will get scared and won't book expensive trips ...

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

I think very, very few real tourists from Europe will show up in Thailand this high season. Why?

1. Restrictions and uncertainties regarding entry into LOS + Disastrous communication from the authorities

2. Covid numbers are rising sharply again in many countries in Europe. People will get scared and won't book expensive trips ...

Correct.

And Ernie not coming either then?

3 hours ago, Jason said:

In fact, why not a rapid antigen test on arrival, just to get it over and done with? International tourists are looking for clarity, not tables... This will change because it has to.

As said many many times these PCR's are expensive - that money is ending up somewhere making someone very happy. Your answer lies therein

Hi Tim & Jay, 

And we should be travelling to Bangkok on November 11th but I do have the possibility of changing my flight, as I booked a flexible arrangement thankfully in April.

The good news is that the Netherlands is on the list of non quarantine countries. The bad news is that where my wife's family lives is in Korat. (Nakorn Ratchasimma is still in the red zone.)

What with health insurance and extra covid tests I might have to stall, but my wife's mother is very old and frail so time is of the essence I fear.  It is a real dilemma.

you should look for health insurance at home
if you will not stay longer than 56 days,
they may send you a special note about valid in Thailand even for Covid

here in Germany even for old people about 30 Euros at HanseMerkur for example,

before Corona I used Barclays Platinum Cards about 100 Euros for 3 months,
even now for Corona but not in high risk countries like Thailand

Edited by satpete

I estimate that the added cost of insurance,  pcr tests,  quarantaine hotel,  "limousine " transfers  etc easily amounts to +-300€/person.

Maybe this is interesting for individuals who plan staying 2 months or longer,  but 2-3 weeks visitors (let alone families)?? 🤔

Btw what about unvaccinated children? 

15 hours ago, Jason said:

In fact, why not a rapid antigen test on arrival, just to get it over and done with? International tourists are looking for clarity, not tables... This will change because it has to.

fully agree that this can be the way. If Thailand is using ATK for testing its locals why not on tourist. Save me costs and trouble

15 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

One of the issues I often wonder about is the difference between Cam and TH regarding insurance. The former requires a $2k cash deposit. The latter requires a $100k policy. That leaves me wondering, how can Cam do it so cheaply, or do they just stop treating you when the $2k runs out, presuming the gov hasn't stolen it already?

It is your final comment that makes me prefer taking out an insurance policy in Thailand!

I thought that the Thais were corrupt.....until I went to Cambodia 

• Haha 1

Why don't the Thai authorities consider changing the PCR test on arrival to a Rapid Antigen test as this would do away with the 1 night hotel quarantine which in reality is what it is. This really would simplify tourist entry and make them a lot more comfortable choosing Thailand as their holiday country.  They would still have to have a negative PCR test prior to departure from their country of origin  and because a rapid antigen test takes approximately 15 - 20 minutes to show a result this could be done at the Thai airport of arrival.  I know rapid antigen is only about 98.5% accurate whereas supposedly PCR is 100% ?? 

• Like 1

On 10/21/2021 at 11:32 PM, EdwardV said:

Wow that list is pretty much going all in. Interestingly no Russia or India, two of the biggest groups who travel to Thailand. Even so, it's clear from the number of the approved countries the government feels it has little choice by to fully restart tourism. Full vaccination, pre test, arrival test isn't asking too much. Even the insurance got cut in half. 

PRC managed to get in on it, though. How big was THAT brown envelope?

1 hour ago, Paulw said:

Why don't the Thai authorities consider changing the PCR test on arrival to a Rapid Antigen test as this would do away with the 1 night hotel quarantine which in reality is what it is. This really would simplify tourist entry and make them a lot more comfortable choosing Thailand as their holiday country.  They would still have to have a negative PCR test prior to departure from their country of origin  and because a rapid antigen test takes approximately 15 - 20 minutes to show a result this could be done at the Thai airport of arrival.  I know rapid antigen is only about 98.5% accurate whereas supposedly PCR is 100% ?? 

Rapid antigen test is not accurate enough to be definitive 

"At least US$50,000 covid insurance" would the all-knowing Thai government care to highlight where this ethereal creature can be purchased IN-COUNTRY with a guarantee it won't just disappear like a lot of other such schemes? My CURRENT policy just 'stopped' because the insurer refused to pay out on the number of claims - must have interfered with the new Mercedes or the mansion plans.

All well and good saying you have to have it, but when people like Immigration Police can't point you toward a reputable insurer, who can say that a jumped-up bureaucrat in uniform in HQ has any knowledge contrary?

Edited by Viggen840
Edit
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Chaimai said:

It is your final comment that makes me prefer taking out an insurance policy in Thailand!

I thought that the Thais were corrupt.....until I went to Cambodia 

There is an interesting parallel between Hun Sen and Ferdinand Marcos. Both managed to accumulate huge wealth while in office, and both were earning the same top government salary of $1100 USD per month. Both claimed that their wealth came from wise investments on the back of their gov salary

• Like 2

Easy to enter Thailand???
I intend to fly to Phuket half November.
So I tried to follow what must be done.
Mail to SHA+ hotel:" how about PCR test on arrival and SHA+ transport to hotel?"

Answer: "we can send a car to the airport and it wil cost xxxBaht. For PCR test contact thailand pass

I checked. This means I should go to Laguna, Patong, Phuket Town or ... for a swab. This is not a "test on arrival". Obviously, the "reservation manager" knows nothing (must be from Barcelona).
Checked the website of Phuket airport. Where a lot of airports mention covid, regulations, testings available, Phuket airport: nothing (don't mention the war).
A bit of info and organisation would be helpfull

• Like 1