News Forum - The 46 countries/territories permitted to enter Thailand from November 1

Thaiger

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

Here in Vancouver masks are still worn inside everywhere 

Retail stores, restaurants, etc....

I only wish they had the same policy here in the UK.

• Like 2

Ok but what do they do regarding visitors from places like Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Burma, or Malaysia who come via car or truckers bringing products? 

What about the cruises that stop at Laem Chabang or Phuket.  Are those closed now for good?  

What if I am a U.S. citizen but have traveled to another country such as Russian or South Africa recently.  

This entire idea is ludicrous.  If a person has had two recognized Covid shots and a vaccine passport that is all that should be required.  

Somehow this notion that Covid is being spread via vaccinated foreigners is ridiculous.  Further the testing before departure, upon arrival, and again before departure is so onerous that unless you are planning on staying in Thailand for a longer period you just wont come.  The government says it wants to move away from single men coming to Thailand for the bars and night life.  Do they really think that the family of 5 from the U.K. or Germany or any other country will want to travel to Thailand to get Covid tests for the entire family and insurance for everyone, for a 1 week or 2 week vacation.

Just how much Yadong do they serve at those meetings where they come up with these proposals. 

Edited by longwood50
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Guevara said:

I only wish they had the same policy here in the UK.

I can't see it in any other way, then, if face masks would've been THE PROTECTIVE EUQUITMENT [against c19] then Thailand wouldn't have been infected by the pandemic, as wearing masks hasn't been an issue for the absolute majority of the Thai population and most foreigners living here does respect law.

And for those saying that it isn't the most important guard to prevent the spread of C19, I have to ask, why it seems like most think it is. And yes, there are circumstances where it is helpful but in most parts of life...nah! 

3 hours ago, Guevara said:

Big mistake discontinuation of masks, social distancing and hand sanitizers. The new cases are becoming disturbingly high, though the UK have carried out over 6 million test in the past 7 days. Fortunately a considerable decrease in new cases being hospitalized. Now it is time to roll out the booster vaccinations (and reintroduce masks/face coverings and hand sanitizing.

Rather than cases and countless tests, what should worry you is that on October 19, there were 233 deaths in the UK, the highest number since...March (https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/oct/19/uk-records-highest-covid-deaths-since-march), when the UK were still in lockdown.

9 hours ago, Brownie said:

In that case I'm extremely sorry. It's just that there have been so many of them that it's becoming difficult to rmember who all said what!!  I'm sure it must have been the likes of St**ker, Bob and that cabbie from Dublin😀

You start off by wrongly accusing someone, and then when you are put in your place, you then go "full shotgun" by accusing three others including myself.

There you are sitting in judgement on myself and others. I am not sure which particular comment(s) of mine, or anybody else that you are shooting at, but do you think it might be fairer when slinging mud, to identify the alleged comments that you complain of, so that others can sit in judgement on your judgement?

What did I say that seems to have upset you? Why did you not mention it before? Was it racist, or untrue or gratuitously offensive? 

I look forward to your reply.

• Like 2

This whole low risk nonsens is just laughable. Why should someone from certain countries take one PCR test at arrival and others take two PCR while in Thailand? Is it really that much differance between two countries when you are required to be vaccinated? I am starting to wonder how stupid some thai politicians really are?

1 minute ago, divrg said:

This whole low risk nonsens is just laughable. Why should someone from certain countries take one PCR test at arrival and others take two PCR while in Thailand? Is it really that much differance between two countries when you are required to be vaccinated? I am starting to wonder how stupid some thai politicians really are?

Only starting? 🤣

• Haha 3

In reality, the covid situation in the country of origin is irrelevant. If you've been fully vaccinated with a vaccine recognised in Thailand (and can evidence that) and have had a negative PCR test 72 hours prior and (ok I'll happily do another test on arrival, just in case the test in my country of origin could be suspect), then that should be it.  

• Like 1

In fact, why not a rapid antigen test on arrival, just to get it over and done with? International tourists are looking for clarity, not tables... This will change because it has to.

7 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Below is from The Thaiger news ...

??? change to editorial after my post?????

Edited by KaptainRob
We cannot edit editorials by Thaiger News.

16 minutes ago, divrg said:

But it is not only Thailand. If for example, you return from a country outside the EU to  the EU, you also need a PCR test after arrival. Even if you got one before flying.

54 minutes ago, Jason said:

ok I'll happily do another test on arrival

Great! So you are finally coming.  I thought I'd be joining you in Seychelles, sulking there together on the beach😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Not sure what you mean @Ted

Only tired of masks being the savor and that so many seems to think that is a relative factor [by enforcing mask wearing]  if a country's been successful in fighting the virus or not.

And I think Thailand is a good proof of being forced too wear a mask 24/7, i.e. outside of your own home and even in the car with those you live with and that [according to the gvmt] is in its 3rd wave and the figures were quite bad, a month ago or so...all this even though mask wearing has never been a problem here.

I 'd think social  distancing should be more on peoples mind, even if Thailand has a culture of keeping a personal distance, Thais really misses that culture on transports; songtaews, BTS, ferries or in waiting halls, etc....while all is wearing a mask and feeling safe.

I hope this better explains my thoughts behind the post @Soidog

Edited by Ted

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

Was it racist, or untrue or gratuitously offensive? 

Mostly untrue, conceited, condescending and gratuitously offensive to most brown people.  I'll be polite and point it out the next  time I get my knickers in a twist or get pissed off by any of the gents here.

5 minutes ago, Ted said:

I hope this better explains my thoughts behind the post

Umm. Not really, as your initial post simply read “Even if I agree with [most of what you wote] there are quite a few bars open in that part of Sukhumvit”

If you were debating the efficacy of masks and social distancing then fine. No precaution is 100% effective. Even locking down the whole country to outsiders. All these measure are about reducing the probability of likelihood of transmission. 

Been a long week so maybe I’m tired 😉

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Brownie said:

Mostly untrue, conceited, condescending and gratuitously offensive to most brown people.  I'll be polite and point it out the next  time I get my knickers in a twist or get pissed off by any of the gents here.

Well don't just stop there. Please elaborate. What have I said that's untrue?

10 hours ago, Chaimai said:

That is the $64,000 question.

You will not a straight answer anywhere - I haven't.

It hasn't been tested yet but I had heard that those currently returning on a Reentry permit were not being asked to evidence Covid insurance ofUS$100k. I am not sure how that fits with the requirements for getting a COE.

I think it will become clearer when we see exactly how Thailand Pass works.

Worse case scenario you will need Covid cover of US$50k. Interesting then is how long you need it for.........what if you show a hotel/flight booking for Cambodia and say you are only staying in Thailand for 1 month ??

One of the issues I often wonder about is the difference between Cam and TH regarding insurance. The former requires a $2k cash deposit. The latter requires a $100k policy. That leaves me wondering, how can Cam do it so cheaply, or do they just stop treating you when the $2k runs out, presuming the gov hasn't stolen it already?

9 hours ago, BeerIsLife said:

I still don't get the folly or need for a covid test after landing.  If your pre flight test is negative, that should be enough. Even IF you get infected during transit/flight, a test on arrival won't detect it.  Plus I wonder if insurance provided by various credit cards and/or airlines will be sufficient to satisfy the requirement, or do we need to get a separate policy. 

Regarding the first part of your post, the test can be anytime 72 hours prior to take-off. If you need to transit through another country, your trip might be another 15 hours, so you are now the best part of 4 days since your test. The test is not foolpfroof, and it is unlikely that there will be enough viral load to be detected within the first 24 hours of your becoming infected. 

So on arrival at BKK, you may have been infected as long ago as 4.5 days, and still not be showing symptoms. Then of course there is the possibility that you might have become infected since your pre-flight test. The reality is that the test is a snapshot which says (A) You were infected at the time, or (B) NO infection was detected at time of testing (but you might still have been infected)

5 hours ago, Ted said:

I can't see it in any other way, then, if face masks would've been THE PROTECTIVE EUQUITMENT [against c19] then Thailand wouldn't have been infected by the pandemic, as wearing masks hasn't been an issue for the absolute majority of the Thai population and most foreigners living here does respect law.

And for those saying that it isn't the most important guard to prevent the spread of C19, I have to ask, why it seems like most think it is. And yes, there are circumstances where it is helpful but in most parts of life...nah! 

The prob with masks is that they wont protect you much against the Virus, but it does make it more difficult for an infected person to infect others. However, the sudden and huge upsurge in cases coincided with the arrival of Delta. 

1 hour ago, Ted said:

Only tired of masks being the savor and that so many seems to think that is a relative factor [by enforcing mask wearing]  if a country's been successful in fighting the virus or not.

And I think Thailand is a good proof of being forced too wear a mask 24/7, i.e. outside of your own home and even in the car with those you live with and that [according to the gvmt] is in its 3rd wave and the figures were quite bad, a month ago or so...all this even though mask wearing has never been a problem here.

I 'd think social  distancing should be more on peoples mind, even if Thailand has a culture of keeping a personal distance, Thais really misses that culture on transports; songtaews, BTS, ferries or in waiting halls, etc....while all is wearing a mask and feeling safe.

I hope this better explains my thoughts behind the post @Soidog

I think they all have their part to play including hand washing.

always the same lie about arrival without quarantine

you will need a chartered flight , otherwise sandbox 7 days expensive hotel and 2 pcr test

"These no-quarantine measures apply to arrivals by chartered flights at Suvarnabhumi, Don Mueang, Chiang Mai, Phuket, Samui, U-Tapao and Buri Ram airports.

Arrivals by other kinds of flights must enter "sandbox" programmes in, for example, Phuket, Koh Samui, Koh Phangnga and Krabi."   (Bangkok Post)