News Forum - The 46 countries/territories permitted to enter Thailand from November 1

Thaiger

Not going to increase arrivals very much but could be of use to low value/low quality cheap charlie's such as myself.

far to late and uncertain for regular tour operators to even consider marketing thailand to regular tourists and the I don't think the vast majority of the uber wealthy are very interested in thailand anytime.

It will be interesting to see what ridiculous numbers tat come up with come the end of november.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Cathat said:

It will be interesting to see what ridiculous numbers tat come up with come the end of november.

It will be very interesting to see what happens. Given virtually anyone has been able to enter the Sandbox for some time. This recent change basically increases the number of locations people can go to after only 1 or 2 nights in a Bangkok hotel and reduces the amount of Covid insurance cover; though I’m not sure how much that will impact premiums. 

Mind you, I’ve just had a terrible thought. Can you imagine if your travel to Thailand to enjoy the night life for the first time in nearly two years. First of all, anyone arriving in November won’t find any bars open. Then, if you arrive in December and bars are open, you will be itching to get out and sample the delights but unable to do so until your PCR test arrives. Can you imagine sitting in a hotel room in the Novotel in Soi 4 with bars open and you can’t leave the room gazing out the window. Then imagine if the following day you still haven’t got your result and have to spend a second night gazing out of the window tucking in to your Grapow Moo from room service? Enough to drive a man crazy 😂😂

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

It will be very interesting to see what happens. Given virtually anyone has been able to enter the Sandbox for some time. This recent change basically increases the number of locations people can go to after only 1 or 2 nights in a Bangkok hotel and reduces the amount of Covid insurance cover; though I’m not sure how much that will impact premiums. 

Mind you, I’ve just had a terrible thought. Can you imagine if your travel to Thailand to enjoy the night life for the first time in nearly two years. First of all, anyone arriving in November won’t find any as bars open. Then, if you arrive in December and bars are open, you will be itching to get out and sample the delights but unable to do so until your PCR test arrives. Can you imagine sitting in a hotel room in the Novotel in Soi 4 with bars open and you can’t leave the room gazing out the window. Then imagine if the following day you still haven’t got your result and have to spend a second night gazing out of the window tucking in to your Grapow Moo from room service? Enough to drive a man crazy 😂😂

😱 Horrors! I'll just sit home and sulk till the post arrival test is scrapped.... or go elsewhere as @Jasonkeeps threatening

• Like 1

I want to go to Dubai to see my sons and families. I have lived here 10 years, not been out of the country for 3 years, have a Retirement Extension and will get a re-entry permit. I am double Pfizered.

Will I still need this insurance to get back into Thailand?

Huge mistake by Thai Govt unnoticed.

46.Hong Kong

Hong Kong declared a country.  Sure that went down well with their Chinese mates.

Small mercies I suppose --- Taiwan not on list.

• Like 1

Palooka, I advise you to learn to read. It is a list of 46 countries and/or territories. The countries are alphabeticly listed numbered 1 - 45. And Hong Kong is not alphabeticly listed as number 46, obviously categorized in the territories category.

8 hours ago, Leeginsberg said:

Not one African country, what about South Africa ?

They should have thought about that in the $$ they spent in tourism here pre-covid 😉

54 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

I want to go to Dubai to see my sons and families. I have lived here 10 years, not been out of the country for 3 years, have a Retirement Extension and will get a re-entry permit. I am double Pfizered.

That is the $64,000 question.

You will not a straight answer anywhere - I haven't.

It hasn't been tested yet but I had heard that those currently returning on a Reentry permit were not being asked to evidence Covid insurance ofUS$100k. I am not sure how that fits with the requirements for getting a COE.

I think it will become clearer when we see exactly how Thailand Pass works.

Worse case scenario you will need Covid cover of US$50k. Interesting then is how long you need it for.........what if you show a hotel/flight booking for Cambodia and say you are only staying in Thailand for 1 month ??

• Thanks 1

I still don't get the folly or need for a covid test after landing.  If your pre flight test is negative, that should be enough. Even IF you get infected during transit/flight, a test on arrival won't detect it.  Plus I wonder if insurance provided by various credit cards and/or airlines will be sufficient to satisfy the requirement, or do we need to get a separate policy. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Does anyone know... 

Normally when family comes over, they will live at my house. 

Can this be done now too instead of a hotel? 

Everyone will have to spend at least one night in an ASH+ hotel, waiting for their PCR test result.

1 hour ago, palooka said:

46.Hong Kong

Hong Kong declared a country.

Below is from The Thaiger news ...

a list of 46 countries and/or territories

• Like 2

1 hour ago, palooka said:

46.Hong Kong

Hong Kong declared a country.  Sure that went down well with their Chinese mates.

Small mercies I suppose --- Taiwan not on list.

My thought exactly, especially if I could tell my friend living in Taipei to come over

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WilliamG said:

Unfortunately for the time being ... Yes.

• Like 1

What’s the difference between SHA and SHA+ plenty of SHA to stay at but not many SHA+ 

I have booked a SHA for 2 weeks can I still stay there for the first night or do I need to book a SHA+ hotel for the first night 

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

Yes was thinking that myself. It will need something in order to check entry requirements 

Actually, even without Covid Thailand would be a better place without the Russians. And no, I’m not apologising for that comment. Too many times I’ve seen their arrogance and miserable attitude on display. 

Ah but if the russians fail to return beer sales at 7/11 will nose dive and big mac sales will also tumble.

Think of the poor boys and girls who work at these establishments and mom and pop back in issan who rely on there remittances to survive.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

Does anyone know... 

Normally when family comes over, they will live at my house. 

Can this be done now too instead of a hotel? 

Not for the first 24hrs.

8 hours ago, Mehmet said:

Do you have personal issue with UK or jealous for some reason. Advise- close the door and stay under the bed. 

Mehmet, you are Turkish?

3 hours ago, Soidog said:

room in the Novotel in Soi 4

Even if I agree with [most of what you wote] there are quite a few bars open in that part of Sukhumvit

1 hour ago, BeerIsLife said:

I still don't get the folly or need for a covid test after landing.  If your pre flight test is negative, that should be enough. Even IF you get infected during transit/flight, a test on arrival won't detect it.  Plus I wonder if insurance provided by various credit cards and/or airlines will be sufficient to satisfy the requirement, or do we need to get a separate policy. 

This is a clip from phuket news today

"171 Phuket Sandbox arrivals who have tested positive for the virus after landing on the island since the Sandbox scheme began on July 1."

• Like 1

I do not predict a flood of tourists. With these requirements, Thailand will have to wait a looooong time for the arrival of a large number of tourists.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, stapoz said:

I do not predict a flood of tourists. With these requirements, Thailand will have to wait a looooong time for the arrival of a large number of tourists.

Correct.....................but you have to start somewhere.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

This is a clip from phuket news today

"171 Phuket Sandbox arrivals who have tested positive for the virus after landing on the island since the Sandbox scheme began on July 1."

When did they test positive? Upon arrival? Test at day 6 or day 12? Or after that? Ive always wondered when as it could be quite telling. 

11 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

The UK on this "safe list of countries".

Interesting, as it has the highest infection rate in Europe. Today it has recorded 52,000 plus new infections in the last 24 hours. It has been averaging 40,000 a day for a number of weeks now, and the infection rate is getting worse. This is all against the backdrop of 80% of the population 12 and over doubly jabbed. I'm a British subject, it does not sound as though my country is safe or in a good place re Covid19. 🤔

Big mistake discontinuation of masks, social distancing and hand sanitizers. The new cases are becoming disturbingly high, though the UK have carried out over 6 million test in the past 7 days. Fortunately a considerable decrease in new cases being hospitalized. Now it is time to roll out the booster vaccinations (and reintroduce masks/face coverings and hand sanitizing.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Big mistake discontinuation of masks, social distancing and hand sanitizers. The new cases are becoming disturbingly high, though the UK have carried out over 6 million test in the past 7 days. Fortunately a considerable decrease in new cases being hospitalized. Now it is time to roll out the booster vaccinations (and reintroduce masks/face coverings and hand sanitizing.

Here in Vancouver masks are still worn inside everywhere 

Retail stores, restaurants, etc....

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

When did they test positive? Upon arrival? Test at day 6 or day 12? Or after that? Ive always wondered when as it could be quite telling. 

Most were on arrivals. And very little in second and 3rd tests.. sorry I can't find the breakdown.. these are posted daily on phuket news but its not often the breakdown is posted

• Like 2