News Forum - The 46 countries/territories permitted to enter Thailand from November 1

Thaiger

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has just released a list of 46 countries and/or territories that have been approved to take part in the planned reopening of the country from November 1. The list of countries is detailed below as per a .pdf file that was listed on the Ministry’s website late on Thursday, October 21. 1. Australia 2. Austria 3. Bahrain 4. Belgium 5. Bhutan 6. Brunei Darussalam 7. Bulgaria 8. Cambodia 9. Canada 10.Chile 11.China 12.Cyprus 13.Czech Republic 14.Denmark 15.Estonia 16.Finland 17.France 18.Germany 19.Greece 20.Hungary 21.Iceland 22.Ireland 23.Israel 24.Italy 25.Japan 26.Latvia 27.Lithuania 28.Malaysia 29.Malta 30.Netherlands 31.New Zealand 32.Norway […]

The story The 46 countries/territories permitted to enter Thailand from November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Wow that list is pretty much going all in. Interestingly no Russia or India, two of the biggest groups who travel to Thailand. Even so, it's clear from the number of the approved countries the government feels it has little choice by to fully restart tourism. Full vaccination, pre test, arrival test isn't asking too much. Even the insurance got cut in half. 

• Like 3

The UK on this "safe list of countries".

Interesting, as it has the highest infection rate in Europe. Today it has recorded 52,000 plus new infections in the last 24 hours. It has been averaging 40,000 a day for a number of weeks now, and the infection rate is getting worse. This is all against the backdrop of 80% of the population 12 and over doubly jabbed. I'm a British subject, it does not sound as though my country is safe or in a good place re Covid19. 🤔

• Like 5
  • Cool 1

What about the coe i applied for? It says 7days quarantine, does this mean i will still be force Into 7 Days asq or do i have to reapply? Or will they change this to 1 day at the airport?

//confused swede

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BIGGLES said:

Interesting, as it has the highest infection rate in Europe. Today it has recorded 52,000 plus new infections in the last 24 hours. It has been averaging 40,000 a day for a number of weeks now, and the infection rate is getting worse. This is all against the backdrop of 80% of the population 12 and over doubly jabbed. I'm a British subject, it does not sound as though my country is safe or in a good place re Covid19. 🤔

To add to your concerns, yesterday the UK gov made noises about 100K a day new cases possibly occurring in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As a South African who has a Thai family in Thailand and who has only being able to go home to them ONCE in the last 20 months (due to the restrictions and prohibitive costs of quarantine etc), this news is extremely disappointing and made even more frustrating by the fact that South Africa has lower daily cases, hospitalizations and deaths than both the UK and USA as well as a whole lot of the other countries on that list!! Today alone I have read three news articles about how the UK is experiencing a growing surge with the Delta + variant and gained 50 000 new cases today - South Africa only reported 591 new cases today! If you take into consideration that daily reported cases are likely under the actual real world number of infections IN EVERY COUNTRY, it still means that my country poses a WAY LOWER RISK than most of the countries on that bloody list! I think it's despicable that the inept junta government (because, let's face it, that's what they are) are thinking about their pocket books instead of following the science and the facts AND in the process, they are putting the health and safety of my Thai family at risk by allowing travellers in who are actually coming from HIGHER RISK countries (although with fatter wallets) and quarantine free too! Despicable, unfair, I'm infuriated and disgusted. End-of-rant!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, JohninDubin said:

To add to your concerns, yesterday the UK gov made noises about 100K a day new cases possibly occurring in the near future.

Do you have personal issue with UK or jealous for some reason. Advise- close the door and stay under the bed. 

Visitors who spent the previous 14 days in one of these countries can enter Thailand from November without quarantine.

It has nothing to do with citizenship or country of residence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mehmet said:

Do you have personal issue with UK or jealous for some reason. Advise- close the door and stay under the bed. 

Great introductory post, especially the hostility. Welcome!

Why would you think I am jealous of the UK, or have a personal issue with them. Is it cos I's Irish?

I find myself very perplexed by your post. Why do assume that because I repeat a statement made by the UK gov, that I have a prob with the UK? 

https://www.dw.com/en/covid-uk-hospitals-on-the-brink-amid-warnings-of-100000-cases-a-day/a-59567733

• Like 5

Does this mean that once you are in the country you can travel anywhere, or are certain provinces closed to tourists (Specifically, I want to go to Ubon Ratchathani)?

3 hours ago, BIGGLES said:

Don’t worry. The U.K. is testing 800,000-1,000,000 a day. It’s no wonder it’s finding 50,000+. If you compare that to many other countries on the list you will see they test a fraction of that. Most of those infections are also in the 10-20 age group, not many of which will be flying to Thailand. U.K. is safe for Thais. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Faz said:

Just need details on the new 'Thailand Pass' now which is intended to replace the COE from November 1st.

Yes I was thinking the same. How else will they check entry requirements 2,3,4&5. That’s where the challenge will start. People uploading insurance documents that don’t specify clearly enough the cover for Covid. Questions over pre-booking the SHA+ hotel etc etc. You will also need to satisfy the separate requirement of a visa unless you intend to do visa exempt? This all looks good and progressive news, but ……. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Faz said:

Just need details on the new 'Thailand Pass' now which is intended to replace the COE from November 1st.

Yes was thinking that myself. It will need something in order to check entry requirements 

2 hours ago, Tim said:

It is good they did not take the russians, they're not even at 30% rate of vaccination

Actually, even without Covid Thailand would be a better place without the Russians. And no, I’m not apologising for that comment. Too many times I’ve seen their arrogance and miserable attitude on display. 

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

Actually, even without Covid Thailand would be a better place without the Russians

What, no snide remarks about the Pakistanis...or Indians? Mighty polite of you😆

2 minutes ago, Brownie said:

What, no snide remarks about the Pakistanis...or Indians? Mighty polite of you😆

When have I ever made any such remark about Pakistanis or Indians. I find them very polite people in general. I can’t say the same about Russians. 

• Like 5

Still a lot of if's and but's ,also many tourists are still worried about the quarantine issue's recently,one minute it's no quarantine then next minute you have to quarantine or you here comments saying thai gov still advises visitors to book quarantine hotels before coming, that's enough to still put people off coming, typical thai rules that confuse people and a lot will just find elsewhere to go, many are not taking the risk.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Soidog said:

When have I ever made any such remark about Pakistanis or Indians. I find them very polite people in general. I can’t say the same about Russians. 

In that case I'm extremely sorry. It's just that there have been so many of them that it's becoming difficult to rmember who all said what!!  I'm sure it must have been the likes of St**ker, Bob and that cabbie from Dublin😀

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brownie said:

In that case I'm extremely sorry. It's just that there have been so many of them that it's becoming difficult to rmember who all said what!!  I'm sure it must have been the likes of St**ker, Bob and that cabbie from Dublin😀

Well it certainly wasn’t me and apology accepted 👍🏻 You’re not Russian by any chance are you? 😉

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Thailand’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has just released a list of 46 countries and/or territories that have been approved to take part in the planned reopening of the country from November 1. The list of countries is detailed below as per a .pdf file that was listed on the Ministry’s website late on Thursday, October 21. 1. Australia 2. Austria 3. Bahrain 4. Belgium 5. Bhutan 6. Brunei Darussalam 7. Bulgaria 8. Cambodia 9. Canada 10.Chile 11.China 12.Cyprus 13.Czech Republic 14.Denmark 15.Estonia 16.Finland 17.France 18.Germany 19.Greece 20.Hungary 21.Iceland 22.Ireland 23.Israel 24.Italy 25.Japan 26.Latvia 27.Lithuania 28.Malaysia 29.Malta 30.Netherlands 31.New Zealand 32.Norway […]

The story The 46 countries/territories permitted to enter Thailand from November 1 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

great to see more clarity on opening