News Forum - Bangkok’s 2 airports prepared to welcome international travellers

Thaiger

As the November 1 reopening nears, Bangkok’s two airports are finalizing their plans on how to welcome and process international travellers for the first time since Covid-19 closed the borders. Suvarnabhumi Airport and the secondary Don Mueang International Airport, which traditionally caters to budget airlines and short-haul flights, are adopting an arrival style similar to that in place for the Phuket Sandbox. Minister of Transport Saksayam Chidchob says that the airports will be ready to welcome fully vaccinated international tourists with a process in place to avoid bottlenecking. He estimates that the time it’ll take from when a traveller steps […]

The story Bangkok’s 2 airports prepared to welcome international travellers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

How does this work if for instance if i am flying into Suvarnabhumi Airport with Thai airways from Sweden (if its one of the countries allowed to enter on the 1st of November) and i am fully vaccinated.
Then i want to fly with Thai smiles from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Chiang Mai. 

So the question is:

Can i just wait in the airport until my flight to Chiang Mai or do i need to leave the airport and then go to a hotel and wait for the results from the PCR Test i take at the airport.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alexander said:

How does this work if for instance if i am flying into Suvarnabhumi Airport with Thai airways from Sweden (if its one of the countries allowed to enter on the 1st of November) and i am fully vaccinated.

So the question is:

Can i just wait in the airport until my flight to Chiang Mai or do i need to leave the airport and then go to a hotel and wait for the results from the PCR Test i take at the airport.

As you'll have to collect your luggage and go through immigration and customs, AND the swab hubs are set-up in Bangkok, I would presume that you can't travel onwards until you've got the all-clear and have to book a quarantine hotel in Bangkok until you have your negative result.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

As you'll have to collect your luggage and go through immigration and customs, AND the swab hubs are set-up in Bangkok, I would presume that you can't travel onwards until you've got the all-clear and have to book a quarantine hotel in Bangkok until you have your negative result.

But does it have to be a quarantine hotel or can it just be a normal hotel then seeing as its "no quarantine" starting the first of november?

4 minutes ago, Alavan said:

Following BKK Post and The Nation we can expect more news tommorow 22 November. And now they speak of 46 countries, no 10.

I think you mean 22 October.

And that's good news: 46 countries from which hardly any tourists will come instead of only 10 🤣

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

2 Airports 

1889580566_Screenshot_20211021-163849_PhotoshopExpress.thumb.jpg.d17aad5f5c622e1bf70bb5170aa34bf5.jpg

I'm getting confused now where to land with all these tourists...🤣

It's a French fast train in Dutch plane disguise 🤣 Hardcore flyers, should be just in time for 1 November if they keep landing and refuelling every 3-4 hours. Hope the pilot doesn't forget to pick up those two Indians 😉

• Haha 2

Hi Tim quick question on the ‘proof of hotel booking’ please elaborate as I’ve booked to come to BK 4th December but I’ve booked Air BNB condo. So I have booked accommodation but not a ‘hotel’ does that matter? Or when they refer to ‘hotel’ do they mean quarantine hotel? A little confused?? Love all the shows watch all of them everyday,  so looking forward to coming back to see my partner who I have not been able to see since Feb 2020. Can you please clarify this point? Thanks Peter Dowding 

4 hours ago, Alexander said:

So the question is:

Im trying the same way...LAYOVER in BKK with CNX being final dest....since we have to book a hotel Im assuming that would have to be one night in bkk(makes a hard man humble)..then if clear, fly to CNX..  :(

Not happy about it but seems the only option(currently) as this mess changes on a dime, as we have seen

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

As the November 1 reopening nears, Bangkok’s two airports are finalizing their plans on how to welcome and process international travellers for the first time since Covid-19 closed the borders. Suvarnabhumi Airport and the secondary Don Mueang International Airport, which traditionally caters to budget airlines and short-haul flights, are adopting an arrival style similar to that in place for the Phuket Sandbox. Minister of Transport Saksayam Chidchob says that the airports will be ready to welcome fully vaccinated international tourists with a process in place to avoid bottlenecking. He estimates that the time it’ll take from when a traveller steps […]

The story Bangkok’s 2 airports prepared to welcome international travellers as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Let all the self inflicted confusion begin for all the people trying to make plans and looking for answers on their one off scenarios. "Can my wife pick me up at the airport or do I need to take a taxi out? It only mentions taxi/grab. I booked an airbnb instead of a quarantine hotel. Is that ok?" Listen, the requirements are clear. If someone wants to add their own personal complexity and requirements, you are asking for problems. 

1 hour ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Im trying the same way...LAYOVER in BKK with CNX being final dest....since we have to book a hotel Im assuming that would have to be one night in bkk(makes a hard man humble)..then if clear, fly to CNX..  :(

Not happy about it but seems the only option(currently) as this mess changes on a dime, as we have seen

From the information released now yes, we have to stay in a hotel minium 1 day in bangkok (until we get the test results from the PCR test at the airport)

https://asq.in.th/thailand-pass

4 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

That would be my interpretation of the situation with the information supplied to date. I guess if your inbound flight to BKK was to arrive much after 19:00, the chances of you getting your hopefully negative result before 12:00 Noon the following day is slim? This would mean either booking a late check out or perhaps another whole night in the quarantine hotel? It obviously depends on how quick they can issue test results… 

• Thanks 1

After reading above comments of these brave people coming to Thailand I only offer a small piece of  advice for all arrivals on Nov 1.

Pop a valium when the plane lands and be prepared to hear many variations of what is happening and expect anything.

Oh and good luck, enjoy your holiday.

9 hours ago, Bob20 said:

It's a French fast train in Dutch plane disguise 🤣 Hardcore flyers, should be just in time for 1 November if they keep landing and refuelling every 3-4 hours. Hope the pilot doesn't forget to pick up those two Indians 😉

Did the Indians have a reservation - or did the government steal their land?

If I am here now, plan to go to USA (I'm a US citizen), and have full work permit and visa bla bla, upon return do i need to show proof of insurance?  I'll be coming back on a re-entry permit.  I have insurance but I don't think it is that much.

Edited by gwmbkk

So you'll have to stay at a hotel for (atleast) 1 night to wait for the pcr result. Will you be able to leave the room during this time or are you "locked up"?  In that later case, isn't it false information to call it No Quarantine?  

I think he has over estimated his time 

25. Minutes to get off plane to outside airport 

last time I went through immigration it took me 3 hours and I nearly missed my flight home.

let’s hope it is