News Forum - Alleged launderer for drug kingpin arrested, 70 million in assets seized

Thaiger

A man alleged to be a money launderer for a major drug trafficking ring has been arrested. The alleged money launderer was linked to alleged drug kingpin “Nu Chen” and police seized about 70 million baht worth of assets at his house in central Bangkok. Police impounded 2 cars, 2 title deeds, 18 kilogrammes of gold bars, US $10,000, and 23 million baht cash. According to the Narcotics Control Board secretary-general, the 42 year old alleged launderer was taken into custody at his home in the Suan Luang district of Bangkok on Tuesday with help from officers from the Police […]

The story Alleged launderer for drug kingpin arrested, 70 million in assets seized as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

19 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

18 kgs of gold and 23 million baht.

So eh.. how does one go about getting a job as a money launderer?

Asking for a friend. 

That was funny. 

Just to correct you, 18 kgs of Gold (1.9 mill THB per kg) is 34 mill.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohninDubin said:

That was funny. 

Just to correct you, 18 kgs of Gold (1.9 mill THB per kg) is 34 mill.

Yes but all these things are relative.

18 kgs of gold v 0 kgs of gold which is what I have. Sorry my friend has.

And with 23 million of baht in cash he has more money than my mate as well.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

money launderer

I've done abit of this money laundering .. 

I left my wallet in my shorts when they went in the machine .. only realised something was wrong when I had the coins rattling about .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:
1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

money launderer

I've done abit of this money laundering .. 

I left my wallet in my shorts when they went in the machine .. only realised something was wrong when I had the coins rattling about .. 

A lot of people in Thailand had the same problem.
When the first 100 Baht note with Rama X came out, if you washed it, some of the red washed out.
The Bank Of Thailand got round to admitting it, so you could swap your washed pink-ish 100 Baht for a dye-resistant red 100 Baht.

• Like 1

A saying comes to mind... "don't keep all your eggs in one basket." Or maybe there is more stashed in other locations? Nu Chen got off with the rest of it...

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

A lot of people in Thailand had the same problem.
When the first 100 Baht note with Rama X came out, if you washed it, some of the red washed out.
The Bank Of Thailand got round to admitting it, so you could swap your washed pink-ish 100 Baht for a dye-resistant red 100 Baht.

My first Thai wife and her mother saw the currency I had and instantly changed at the bank and then looked at 90% of them from the bank and knew they were old bills worth a lot. Was 1994 or about. I kick  myself in my head to this day to that I gave her them... The mother. She is probably surely dead now from liver misfunction the Issan food worm from prah. 

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

My first Thai wife and her mother saw the currency I had and instantly changed at the bank and then looked at 90% of them from the bank and knew they were old bills worth a lot. Was 1994 or about. I kick  myself in my head to this day to that I gave her them... The mother. She is probably surely dead now from liver misfunction the Issan food worm from prah. 

Actually I know she is dead from that, but she wanted too much from me too. I actually had a connection with her grandfather who was a monk who died earlier. He loved me too much and then died before. I came back to Thailand and then gave him the biggest party there was for him passing. Huge party. For her, no, not my family time with them. I had already years already finished their family. But the grandfather and me were ace close. So I gave him a big bye bye party. I loved that man.

9 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Actually I know she is dead from that, but she wanted too much from me too. I actually had a connection with her grandfather who was a monk who died earlier. He loved me too much and then died before. I came back to Thailand and then gave him the biggest party there was for him passing. Huge party. For her, no, not my family time with them. I had already years already finished their family. But the grandfather and me were ace close. So I gave him a big bye bye party. I loved that man.

For my family now or me, I hope I pass away first, but my reservations are that f the covid restrictions for me or for them. I want a big party for me and them.

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

For my family now or me, I hope I pass away first, but my reservations are that f the covid restrictions for me or for them. I want a big party for me and them.

Issan does this, and CM seems to not do. I want a big party.