News Forum - Court rules “Jo Ferrari” suspect died of deliberate suffocation

Thaiger

In the wake of the Jo Ferrari scandal that uncovered police brutality and opulence in a painfully public way, a court just ruled that the suspect – who died after having his hands tied and plastic bags placed over his head – was the victim of deliberate suffocation. Pol Col Thitisan “Jo Ferrari” Utthanaphon was captured on video in a violent interrogation of a suspect in a drug case, during which the superintendent with his subordinates placed 6 plastic bags over the man’s head and tied his hands behind his back which led to his suffocation until he died. The […]

The story Court rules “Jo Ferrari” suspect died of deliberate suffocation as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Deliberate suffocation" ?

Maybe Joe Ferrari's attorney will successfully argue that the arrested suspect "deliberately held his breath after the plastic bags were placed over his head, effectively causing his own premature death. "

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The 7 officers including Thitisan involved in the incident were fired from the police force and held in jail

That's a surprise, I though he was in Dubai by now. But then again, maybe he is...

• Like 3

Most are skeptical of the outcome here, BUT,  they have been fired, they are in jail, the coronor has found they killed him. I think with this case the Thai authorities are doing the right thing for once. "One small step"

Hopefully many more.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, palooka said:

Most are skeptical of the outcome here, BUT,  they have been fired, they are in jail, the coronor has found they killed him. I think with this case the Thai authorities are doing the right thing for once. "One small step"

Hopefully many more.

I agree we should give them time here and they do appear to be doing the right thing. The cynicism is of course more than justified given the track record. Should we give them another chance before we condemn them?  Go on then……. 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I agree we should give them time here and they do appear to be doing the right thing. The cynicism is of course more than justified given the track record. Should we give them another chance before we condemn them?  Go on then……. 😉

If the Thais stuff this one up on top of the "BOSS' situation I think the loss of face in the international arena of law enforcement will be tremendous. Can image the jokes about Thai justice in law enforcement already, ain't gunna be nice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kmc said:

LMAO.  what a P.O.S.  It was only an accident he said.  seriously?

Pretty sure he wasn't trying to kill the bloke. He was trying to get some cash out of the drug dealing scum, peddler of death and addiction. Allegedly.

I think a lot of the hatred for this copper stems from jealousy. He had the houses, the cars and the beautiful wife.

Back in the 80's in Australia the coppers used to take to us with phone books. Not sure what they do now. I haven't seen a phone book for years.

6 minutes ago, palooka said:

Can image the jokes about Thai justice in law enforcement already, ain't gunna be nice

You saw his car collection right? You really think he would care about losing face internationally. Most Thais I know think it is a bit off a laugh. A lot of "plastic bag cop" jokes doing the rounds. 

"Say no to plastic".

Don't celebrate yet, Perhaps they were only using the plastic to prevent him passing on the virus. Have they done a test yet? 🤔 Maybe it was Covid...? 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, palooka said:

If the Thais stuff this one up on top of the "BOSS' situation I think the loss of face in the international arena of law enforcement will be tremendous. Can image the jokes about Thai justice in law enforcement already, ain't gunna be nice.

I tend to agree. However, the only time the international community will get agitated is if it affects their nationals. The EU, US etc will just think this is Thai on Thai abuse so leave em to it 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Ajaythai said:

I wonder if his "unusual" wealth will also be investigated and any ill-gotten gains confiscated.  Or I am still dreaming 😊😊😊.

Oh rest assured that "unusual wealth" will be removed. 

Duh! But just wait as he definitely had nothing to do with it. Such an upstanding overly rich Thai Elite cop who never milked his authority. You hang him then you can hang all the you know who as well that the protests are about.. 

11 hours ago, palooka said:

Hopefully many more.

Correct I agree 100 percent 

he would be shitting himself 

9 hours ago, Ajaythai said:

I wonder if his "unusual" wealth will also be investigated and any ill-gotten gains confiscated.  Or I am still dreaming 😊😊😊.

Dog eat dog world his fellow workers will div them up . There life not that good . They live with looking over the shoulders. 

"Deliberate" suffocation.......tantamount to saying "murder". Given the publicity  and the video IMO hard to see any escape from conviction but it will be the sentencing that will define any real measure of justice.

Well so far it appears that the Thai authorities are doing the right thing as far as charging all 8 of them with murder. Now what about the doctor who made a knowingly false medical statement? What about the dead guys girlfriend, were the drug sellers and if so the dead got what's due and she should be further investigated like all drug sellers! What about the car collection now knowing that these cars were stolen outside of the country and supposedly illegally imported therefore rightfully seized and sold off at auction! There are quite obviously a lot more people involved in this chain from the thieves initially stealing the cars, the police at border controls allowing stolen cars into Thailand as I am sure there would be an inter country agreement between neighbouring countries so any high end stolen cars would be known to police around the region including Thailand border control and RTP !!! Then customs had to also be aware and so it goes on! Do police of Ferrari Joes level normally own such an amazing collection of high end cars and live in such a mansion, doesnt this raise a red flag to others & especially RTP? This collection didn't just happen overnight so must be common knowledge to many people including RTP hierarchy ??