My opinion

RobMuir

2 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

before heading back with a lung full of clean fresh air

I totally disagree with that one.

A lungful of chemicals more like it that Map TaPhut is infamous for. The locals have been fighting the factories for years. Or smog from the electricity generator.

Beaches usually covered in litter. The launch area to Koh Samet is a filthy disgrace.

The only good thing about Rayong IMO is the thousands of single girls working in the hundreds of polluting factories. The Amata City area on a Friday and Saturday night in the Thai pubs is like a beautiful girl buffet. 

If you go a bit further down to Chantaburi it is a lot more like Rayong has been discribed in the piece above. Chantaburi is a beautiful province.

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

lungful of chemicals more like it that Map TaPhut is infamous for. The locals have been fighting the factories for years. Or smog from the electricity generator

It isn't just "My Opinion" it is a well documented fact.

At least 35 of 76 industrial plants suspended last year in Map Ta Phut industrial estate will use hazardous chemicals that can cause several ailments - from respiratory diseases to cancer - in their production process, environmental and health impact studies have found.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/advanced/200791/chemical-health-hazards-at-map-ta-phut 

Beaches usually covered in litter. The launch area to Koh Samet is a filthy disgrace.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/903580/rayong-fish-death-causes-debated

The Amata City area on a Friday and Saturday night in the Thai pubs is like a beautiful girl buffet

The link below is a Facebook page dedicated to the thousands of beautiful factory worker girls of Bowin/Amata City.

https://th-th.facebook.com/1501426696813056/photos/สาวมิซูน่ารักใสๆ/1624457134510011/

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

As much as I have enjoyed living in Ban Chang over the years I have to move out because of the pollution.

The Chemical company's in Mataputt releasing their poison into the air is a total disgrace. Also the beaches well we just don't go there any more. Pictures above tells the story.

In the village where I live (Housing estate) 5 years ago there were 40 foreigners lived here its now down to three.

I will be moving to the Pattaya area because of Mrs Rowdy business which is take away food.

I lived in Pattaya in 1991 & 92, so moving back there I will notice a lot of changes.

4 hours ago, Rowdy said:

As much as I have enjoyed living in Ban Chang over the years I have to move out because of the pollution.

The Chemical company's in Mataputt releasing their poison into the air is a total disgrace. Also the beaches well we just don't go there any more. Pictures above tells the story.

In the village where I live (Housing estate) 5 years ago there were 40 foreigners lived here its now down to three.

I will be moving to the Pattaya area because of Mrs Rowdy business which is take away food.

I lived in Pattaya in 1991 & 92, so moving back there I will notice a lot of changes.

We moved out of the place 2 years ago for the same reasons.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I used to work around Amata City. Hemaraj, Eastern Seaboard, Bang Saen and other industrial estates  in Rayong (and Chonburi.

I think people are in general unaware of the pollution in that region quite apart from what you can see and the AQI, the industry's waste disposal is a time bomb just waiting to happen.

Local farmers and fishermen are perpetually having to protest at the damage caused to air soil and water in the region.

Koh Samet is just along the coasr=t from the largest petrol-chemical insides in S.E.Asia and already has suffered two major oil slicks - lord knows how many go unreported.

over 50% of industrial waste in that region is disposed of in landfill that hasn't been prepared for the kind of waste deposited there.

The EEC has already made huge changes to the region and this is going to increase but it looks like the authorities are doing very little to protect the environment.

Many foreigners live in this region, for work or retirement and they will increasingly find themselves in a toxic environment.

• 2 months later...
On 5/23/2022 at 12:12 AM, Rowdy said:

The pollution etc has suppressed property prices too.

On 9/14/2022 at 12:35 AM, cowslip said:

The pollution etc has suppressed property prices too.

Also, whoever's address is in Rayong pays higher life insurance fees

• 5 months later...
On 10/21/2021 at 3:33 PM, RobMuir said:

It isn't just "My Opinion" it is a well documented fact.

The "fact" as I see things is that the air quality in Rayong is certainly no worse than that in many other parts of Thailand if this website is to be believed:-

https://www.iqair.com/th-en/thailand

The air quality in Rayong may not be brilliant, but Rayong is most certainly not IMHO the Thai blackspot when it comes to air quality, which you and others on here appear by default to make it out to be.

Edited by Non-Immigrant

• 8 months later...
On 3/4/2023 at 12:09 PM, Non-Immigrant said:

The "fact" as I see things is that the air quality in Rayong is certainly no worse than that in many other parts of Thailand if this website is to be believed:-

https://www.iqair.com/th-en/thailand

The air quality in Rayong may not be brilliant, but Rayong is most certainly not IMHO the Thai blackspot when it comes to air quality, which you and others on here appear by default to make it out to be.

Have lived in SE Rayong for seven years, between Ban Phe and Mae Phim, as long as no one is burning the air quality is fantastic