News Forum - Hospital makes plans to move patients due to flooding

Thaiger

The largest hospital in the Northeastern Nakhon Ratchasima province has flooded. After heavy rains in the region, the hospital reported yesterday that they have made plans to relocate their patients to other facilities if the water levels continue to rise. The Maharat Nakhon Ratchasima hospital flooded yesterday morning when the Lam Takhon canal overflowed. The public health inspector general was asked to assess the impact of the flooding on the hospital, according to the public health department. The water on the hospital grounds has reached 50-60 centimeters, which means that small vehicles are unable to drive in or out. The […]

The story Hospital makes plans to move patients due to flooding as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Floods are the cause of much devastation. I know what it's like because the same thing happens every year in my country. I can only hope, that together we can build back better. Reposition hospitals and other critical infrastructure to places that are protected from flooding, These events are only going to become more frequent and more severe. Delaying will only make matters worse.