News Forum - Government outlines 7 conditions of quarantine-free re-opening

Thaiger

As the grand re-opening date of November 1 approaches, with little clarity as to what that will look like, here’s some of what we know – and what we don’t. According to a Thai PBS World report, the government has outlined 7 conditions that will determine if someone can enter the kingdom quarantine-free. The following conditions have been communicated by the Bureau of Risk Communication and Health Behavior Promotion, part of the Disease Control Department. 1. Foreign visitors must arrive by air and come from a list of “low-risk” countries approved by the Public Health Ministry 2. Have proof of […]

The story Government outlines 7 conditions of quarantine-free re-opening as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

7 more conditions?

Further evidence, I believe, that this 'Elitist' govt doesn't really want these generally troublesome, dirty and ill-motivated foreigners to set foot on their land.

• Like 5

3. Have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours of landing in Thailand - this is problematic. It can easily take 2-3 days to get results and then to take another 24 hours to fly to Thailand. Heaven forbid your connecting flight is delayed. At the very least you would need to spend extra to get a faster test result and then hope they actually do it fast. Even then you are left with little room for error. Interestingly the Phuket sandbox only requires 72 hours from flight, not arrival. Wonder if they know they’ve changed it and made so much more difficult? Probably not.

Edited by EdwardV
Last part added
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

7 more conditions?

Further evidence, I believe, that this 'Elitist' govt doesn't really want these generally troublesome, dirty and ill-motivated foreigners to set foot on their land.

Ugly theory but the 7 conditions seem reasonable to me during a pandemic, basically be double vaxxed, have a covid test, download a tracing app, have adequate insurance and show your hotel booking. It isn't the big racism deal you are trying to make out that it is.

The "troublesome, ill motivated and dirty" is just you stirring up imagined racism claiming the victim. They are not saying that at all. They are working on a plan that balances opening up the tourism economy, but in a safe way.

Let's compare to Australia, China etc where you really can't get in. Thailand are again welcoming foreigners but merely asking them to abide by the special rules that are the result of a pandemic that has killed millions of people.

And fair enough. I live here and don't want the place overrun by a bunch of unvaccinated privileged Karen types.

Play by the simple rules asked of you or don't come. 

Your choice. No need to play the race card.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

7 more conditions?

Absolutely agree, seems still not yet anyone how to do. And even announced open Nov 1st under this hick hacks, forward backwards not many Tourists will come to join such a risk. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Ugly theory but the 7 conditions seem reasonable to me during a pandemic, basically be double vaxxed, have a covid test, download a tracing app, have adequate insurance and show your hotel booking. It isn't the big racism deal you are trying to make out that it is.

The "troublesome, ill motivated and dirty" is just you stirring up imagined racism claiming the victim. They are not saying that at all. They are working on a plan that balances opening up the tourism economy, but in a safe way.

Let's compare to Australia, China etc where you really can't get in. Thailand are again welcoming foreigners but merely asking them to abide by the special rules that are the result of a pandemic that has killed millions of people.

And fair enough. I live here and don't want the place overrun by a bunch of unvaccinated privileged Karen types.

Unvaccinated sure not to come but fully vaccinated with one PCR test should be enough. PCR Test just prove at the Moment of Testing you are fine 5 min later might you are not anymore so is mean less.   

• Like 2

Ok, so it was fake news that was reported by he who is in charge, yes ?

It's not quarantine free entry, correct ? Why would someone need to book SHA+ when already have property in Thailand, just more drivel and complete BS from a government that has no idea of what they are doing. 555

TIT.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, vlad said:

Why should i cough up Covid Insurance when ive already paid Holiday Travel insurance where health is incorporated within it.

You dont have to.

Only if you want to visit Thailand after 1st November.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Agree, I think you made some valid points 

• Like 3

Yep, I, like so many others reading this list, start off thinking ok....yep...yep...yep....what?....really?....you're kidding...is that legal? Ok...forget it! Bali...Seychelles...here I come!!!!!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Yep, I, like so many others reading this list, start off thinking ok....yep...yep...yep....what?....really?....you're kidding...is that legal? Ok...forget it! Bali...Seychelles...here I come!!!!!

Great I hope you have a wonderful time.

Do send a trip report wont you?

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I agree with you RubMuir - as a frequent traveller to Thailand (from Scandinavia) I am only feeling save with the measures taken. One thing I miss - is information about transit in Bankok airport from my international arrival and a domestic flight to my destination wich is Koh Lanta in my upcoming trip. It is difficult to read if I have to stay in Bankkok until a result of at test - or if I am allowed to proceed to domestic flight and then take the test when I arrive. 

By the way - I really hope that the people om Thailand will welcome us.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

You dont have to.

If you have an insurance wich covers all medical expenses - Covid 19 is also covered, that is how I understand it.

5 hours ago, Matrix said:

Unvaccinated sure not to come but fully vaccinated with one PCR test should be enough. PCR Test just prove at the Moment of Testing you are fine 5 min later might you are not anymore so is mean less.   

Agreed. I actually think a “safer” option is:

Double vaccinated

Antigen test immediately prior to departing. This also elevates the tight timescales of getting a test, getting the results and flying half way around the world, all within 72 hours.  

PCR test on day 2

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Bornholmeren said:

If you have an insurance wich covers all medical expenses - Covid 19 is also covered, that is how I understand it.

Not all.  AXA deliberately specified this in their documentation of insurance coverage. Highlighted in red.

Best to check this and be safe.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Graham said:

Ok, so it was fake news that was reported by he who is in charge, yes ?

It's not quarantine free entry, correct ? Why would someone need to book SHA+ when already have property in Thailand, just more drivel and complete BS from a government that has no idea of what they are doing. 555

TIT.

I agree with the sentiment @Graham  However, the collective word for all this is Propaganda. This is all about improving local people’s perception on improving life and foreign investor confidence. It’s the same with all these crazy ideas of Elite visas and Nomad Visas and Special investment visas. At a headline level, this makes the Thai government look like it’s introducing an open and progressive immigration policy. It ticks certain boxes which make the outside world think this is a progressive and inclusive country.

They will be doing exactly the same when it comes human rights. Look at the fiasco with unregistered fishing boats and slave trade in the fruit industry. Environmental policy. How many of us have recycling bins in Thailand and how many buses and trucks spew out smoke and the annual smog that covers Chiang Mai. Climate change policy. How many new homes and Condos are being built with ANY insulation?  It’s when you look at the devil residing inside the detail of what they announce compared to what they do, that is when you see the BS you refer to. Thailand gets away with it as it’s not an important country. In the great scheme of things It’s an insignificant economy and military power in SE Asia,  run by the military in a region run by military and dictators. 

The Thais have been playing this game for hundreds of years. It was how they largely avoided colonisation. It was how they managed to survive world war 2 and seemingly are friends with everyone. They are absolute experts at playing the two faced game. This latest piece of propaganda announcing quarantine free travel is “bread & butter” to Thailand.    

• Like 4

3 hours ago, vlad said:

Why should i cough up Covid Insurance when ive already paid Holiday Travel insurance where health is incorporated within it.

That’s a very good question. Travel insurance polices I’ve been looking at explicitly state, in a separate section that it includes Covid cover. Surely this is all they need for the COE/Thailand Pass? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Poolie said:

You dont have to.

Let me help you and your misunderstanding @Poolie . I think there is an assumption in the language used that @vlad was referring to when he comes to Thailand. Perhaps English isn’t your first language and so a reasonable misunderstanding. Hope this helps? 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Soidog said:

That’s a very good question. Travel insurance polices I’ve been looking at explicitly state, in a separate section that it includes Covid cover. Surely this is all they need for the COE/Thailand Pass? 

But that would preclude an extra take for the insurance companies - same PCR test on landing, purely designed to extract money, would be interested to see where the PCR cash ends up - it serves no other meaningful purpose.