News Forum - Travellers after November 1 told to book quarantine hotels

Thaiger

I'm in the UK also at the moment and the outlook for foreign travel is not looking good at present.

The chance of getting locked out of the country if you travel to thailand now are probably increasing.

I would be very surprised if any genuine tourists from the uk go to thailand now even if entry requirements are dropped on november 1.

today's broadcast by Javid sounds like they are  preparing to lock everybody down again.

hope not but will not be surprised if it happens.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Benroon said:

With the rocketing figures coming through in the UK I think the UK free pass will be withdrawn within the week ! So all bets will be off anyway !

It's those damn Premier League games! They're too tempting no to go see....

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I was coming back at the end of December but now I think I'll wait to book a flight until the 3rd week of no quarantine - just in case they decide to change there minds after week 2.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

While many are excited that Thailand is finally reopening at least somewhat without quarantine to certain people in certain locations, the confusion and lack of confirmation of rules until the last minute is creating some conflicting information. Thai embassies are telling potential foreign travellers that they will still need to book quarantine accommodations before they are permitted to travel. Many rejoiced when PM Prayut Chan-o-cha announced seemingly definitively that it was time for Thailand to begin to open up the doors and let people come back in, without the quarantine that has dissuaded so many potential travellers until now. His […]

The story Travellers after November 1 told to book quarantine hotels as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The mind is willing but the body is weak

9 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I reckon flooding of thousands of Thai people's homes might be a bit more urgent.

Thousands of daily covid cases and Thais dying would probably be also given a higher priority than tourists coming for a holiday.

Keeping a lid on the various protest groups. 

etc 

Brilliant posting.  Is a vaccinated tourist more likely to spread covid than an unvaccinated Thai?  Also, isn't the median age of death greater than the average life expectancy in some places?

7 hours ago, Marc26 said:

That is not true, at all.....

Canada requires a PCR test for everyone

US requires antigen for everyone

The United States is not requiring antigen tests upon arrival. Site your source that says that the United States and Canada are requiring testing after arrival. Which would mean a test prior to flying and after flying.

COVID-19 Testing Required for U.S. Entry

Effective January 26, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers two years of age and over entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative COVID-19 test, taken within three (3) calendar days of departure, or proof of recovery from the virus within the last 90 days. Airlines must confirm the negative test result or proof of recent recovery for all passengers prior to boarding. Airlines must deny boarding of passengers who do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/international-travel/before-you-go/covid-19_testing_required_US_Entry.html

All travellers can be eligible to enter Canada as a fully vaccinated traveller regardless of citizenship. Canadians must meet and follow all of the same entry requirements.

If you qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller, you also do not have to do on-arrival testing, unless you are selected for a mandatory randomized test.

9 hours ago, JohninDubin said:

Just before the pandemic was declared, I had a hotel booking through Agoda for a stay in Chiang Rai. The deal was "non-refundable". When the pandemic was declared, within days, and without my asking, Agoda cancelled the booking and released my pre-payment. 

I'd suggest that anyone booking hotels with "quarantine hotels", might want to see what the refund policy is of the online booking sites, rather than deal directly with the TH hotels.

I had a simialr experince in the Philippines with Agoda, not sure if it would be ok now   my experience was for my ASQ was 50% up front with no refund

Anyone who plans a holiday outside of their home country at the moment is a bit of a fool. 

Given the ups and downs of the COVID crisis in any particular country, one should expect problems. It is no good whining about them. 

I for one, have no expectation of traveling vacation wise until at least the middle of 2022 or even later. 

That is what's called common sense!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, RobMuir said:

I reckon flooding of thousands of Thai people's homes might be a bit more urgent.

Thousands of daily covid cases and Thais dying would probably be also given a higher priority than tourists coming for a holiday.

Keeping a lid on the various protest groups. 

etc 

I guess the TAT don't think that😐

24 minutes ago, Thommo said:

I guess the TAT don't think that😐

TAT probably think that these homeless people should now come and stay in Phuket or do some other domestic travel until the waters subside

9 hours ago, Benroon said:

You think ? I would say looking mugs on the world stage would comfortably be placed above those if you are a junta leader craving credibility. The 'tourists coming for a holiday' represent up to 20% of GDP - thus again heavily outranking your options.

(and given they're doing nothing on the first or second of those the question probably still stands)

Well I actually watch the news, not just in farang forums. The floods, covid and protest groups are getting a lot more coverage and commentary than foreign tourism.

But if your main or only source of news is faranger forums and English speaking press I could understand why you would believe that.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:

TAT probably think that these homeless people should now come and stay in Phuket or do some other domestic travel until the waters subside

Is that right? Interesting.

According to one source about inbound tourist I look at

Searches for stays in your area have increased 219% compared to this time last year.

• Haha 1

Alas. Such is life trying to travel to Thailand. Indeed, with talks of more quarantine cities opening Nov 1, I had already taken the leap and purchased flights to arrive Nov 5 with plan to quarantine in Pattaya at my wife’s apartment. I recognized even then that COE would be tied to current rules, not future ones. So I waited. Then, hope leapt high at the “announcement” quarantine would be lifted November 1. And COE morphing to Thai Pass! OH! What great promise! BUSHWAH! It’s still the same old song and toe-crushing dance. If “they” want people to come back … ah, heck. Serves them right if people NEVER come back. Talk about making the pooch squeal! 

39 minutes ago, RobMuir said:

Well I actually watch the news, not just in farang forums. The floods, covid and protest groups are getting a lot more coverage and commentary than foreign tourism.

But if your main or only source of news is faranger forums and English speaking press I could understand why you would believe that.

We weren’t talking about coverage we were talking about government action on the issues so I’m not sure why you’re getting confused! TV channels and governments are different things. 

As for Thai news being unbiased - seriously ???  

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jaberwocky said:

Alas. Such is life trying to travel to Thailand. Indeed, with talks of more quarantine cities opening Nov 1, I had already taken the leap and purchased flights to arrive Nov 5 with plan to quarantine in Pattaya at my wife’s apartment. I recognized even then that COE would be tied to current rules, not future ones. So I waited. Then, hope leapt high at the “announcement” quarantine would be lifted November 1. And COE morphing to Thai Pass! OH! What great promise! BUSHWAH! It’s still the same old song and toe-crushing dance. If “they” want people to come back … ah, heck. Serves them right if people NEVER come back. Talk about making the pooch squeal! 

So how much quarantine have you planned for ? and can you do it at your wifes apartment ? 

10 hours ago, Benroon said:

The 'tourists coming for a holiday' represent up to 20% of GDP - thus again heavily outranking your options

Not for the last 2 years.

11 hours ago, Bornholmeren said:

I am looking for news regarding transit without quarantine in Bangkok when I arrive from international flight in Bangkok and want to take a domestic flight to Krabi. Have any one heard about that? I have a booking in Krabi but is not prepared to stay one night in Bangkok before flying to Krabi. We come from Scandinavia and look forward to coming to Thailand again and we just hope that we will be welcomed by the people of Thailand. 

Don't be dicouraged by the lack of replys. I sure many would happily answer your question but no one knows the answer and if there was an answer it may well be wrong tomorrow.

The situation seems to change hourly sometimes with contradictions from one minister to the next.

Probably best to go by what your local embassy tells you.

Hahaha see you in 2024  , Thailand. 

not worth the hassle , Thailand is done for quite some time. 

only 30% vaxxed and half of them have Chinese Tap water injections lol

Edited by PfizerModernaJohnson
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RobMuir said:

Doesn’t stop there Don’t forget the LSD sickness the cows get in Thailand  never  seen before there. 

Country is done , sad but true. That’s not a holiday destination anymore. It’s pure stress, fake smiles  and rip-offs. 

Edited by PfizerModernaJohnson

"Many travellers have expressed reservation to plan their travels to Thailand..."

I too have reservation about my reservation for Travels to Thailand

• Haha 1

No mention of unvaccinated persons requirements. I expect they will still be required to isolate even if PCR tested and healthy. Was there any mention in this new bill from the Thai government ?

47 minutes ago, PfizerModernaJohnson said:

Doesn’t stop there Don’t forget the LSD sickness the cows get in Thailand  never  seen before there. 

Country is done , sad but true. That’s not a holiday destination anymore. It’s pure stress, fake smiles  and rip-offs. 

I love living here. My family and friends love holidaying here and are envious that I live here.

If you find it to be pure stress I feel sorry for you not being able to cope, but you are better off somewhere else.

• Like 1

Dumb and dumber! Hollywood couldn't write a script this bad.

Was it any less than expected; of course not.

We are trying to get back to our home before the Thai government steals it from us, but I think we can all read between the lines. Foreigners are not welcome, pandemic / endemic / whatever.

Bad wishes / karma for the Hi-So, good luck and best wishes to the best people in Thailand- those who have made us so welcome.