News Forum - Travellers after November 1 told to book quarantine hotels

Thaiger

4 minutes ago, atiger said:

There's no quarantine in Phuket and you don't need to anything from any Thai Embassy or Consulate. You can apply for a travel pass online. Then all you need is a vaccine certificate and negative covid test. 

Is you on crack ???? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, that means we can only book 1 to 2 nights in the SHA/ASQ hotel while awaiting of PCR Test results right? Then if negative, we can travel anywhere. They always keep messing around to trick us & later on get screwed on a daily basis. Well "This is Thailand"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

I reckon flooding of thousands of Thai people's homes might be a bit more urgent.

Thousands of daily covid cases and Thais dying would probably be also given a higher priority than tourists coming for a holiday.

Keeping a lid on the various protest groups. 

etc 

Mmmm.

That presupposes that the Thai government  give a shit about their people, I would suggest that the evidence to date, would show they don't. 🙂

• Like 5

Once again...buyer beware. Anybody who makes plans to visit at reopening will have nothing to complain about when things don't go as expected. Unless you haven't been paying attention for the past nearly two years. Personally, I can wait. Not considering a trip until at least March and will not go until pcr test on arrival is scrapped. No other country is requiring PCR on arrival for vaccinated travelers. There has been enough "Covid Precaution" theater. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ace035 said:

So, that means we can only book 1 to 2 nights in the SHA/ASQ hotel while awaiting of PCR Test results right? Then if negative, we can travel anywhere. They always keep messing around to trick us & later on get screwed on a daily basis. Well "This is Thailand"

As with all things travel related, wait until the final-final plan is published, then wait until the rules are implemented, then wait another week or two until everybody figures out how to actually make it work.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Once again...buyer beware. Anybody who makes plans to visit at reopening will have nothing to complain about when things don't go as expected. Unless you haven't been paying attention for the past nearly two years. Personally, I can wait. Not considering a trip until at least March and will not go until pcr test on arrival is scrapped. No other country is requiring PCR on arrival for vaccinated travelers. There has been enough "Covid Precaution" theater. 

Exactly, I am telling everybody in this group that do not go during reopening because those people from the airport during arrival will jerk you around & later on you will be disappointed, pissed off, upset, crying or whatever wanna call it. I will wait between Feb 2022 through May 2022. This is what I see right now even though I don't have a crystal ball. We shall see after November 1.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JamesE said:

As with all things travel related, wait until the final-final plan is published, then wait until the rules are implemented, then wait another week or two until everybody figures out how to actually make it work.

Absolutely, I shall see after November 1

53 minutes ago, atiger said:

There's no quarantine in Phuket and you don't need to anything from any Thai Embassy or Consulate. You can apply for a travel pass online. Then all you need is a vaccine certificate and negative covid test. 

Up till now you still need a COE. This recuires involvement of the Thai Embassy.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

That is not true, at all.....

Canada requires a PCR test for everyone

US requires antigen for everyone

Thai officials are lost, they couldn't so far set clear rules for people to come to Thailand. Even Thai people are stuck around the world and unable to return home because most of them can't afford the cost of an ASQ or sandbox. I can't understand why vaccinated poeple with negative PCR should still be in a quarantine. Why are only 10 countries allowed to enter as of Nov 1? Vaccinated travelers with Negative PCR should all be allowed to enter without all these conflicting rules. Why can people not transit in Suvarnabhumi to go to Phuket sandbox? In the meanwhile, people can transit in Suvarnabhumi to go to Samui sandbox BUT they said that people should have ONE reservation for an international flight to include bangkok airways, this means poeple can't book two separate tickets online. I believe no need to go, silly rules .

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

That is not true, at all.....

Canada requires a PCR test for everyone

US requires antigen for everyone

But not "on arrival". Many places require pre-travel tests but Thailand requires that plus a test (and more) on arrival.

4 minutes ago, JamesE said:

But not "on arrival". Many places require pre-travel tests but Thailand requires that plus a test (and more) on arrival.

With my cynical hat on, I'm told the PCR tests are circa 6,000 baht, that's decent money for someone, along with quarantine hotels for PCR test free double vaxxed people - covid is the cash cow that just keeps giving in Thailand

• Like 1

With the rocketing figures coming through in the UK I think the UK free pass will be withdrawn within the week ! So all bets will be off anyway !

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Ok, understood

And yes, that can be a cause for concern, for sure

I told about being worried when we were in Mexico in July and having to take the PCR test to return to Canada and the worry(paranoia really) of testing positive and the hassle put a damper on my trip

So I think a valid concern................sorry I misunderstood that

🤣🤣🤣

This is why we should all wait until these initiatives are posted in the Royal Gazette before we even start making any plans. Just ignore the government’s statements until they take tangible action. Then you can make plans.

• Like 2

Just wait till the rules are published and the uncertainly has passed. There is too much risk, and really little need to be rushing to get back into Thailand on November 1st. How can you make plans for something you don't know yet? I'm going to sit November out and try for after Christmas. At the very least it's going to take a month for them to work out the kinks. I'm already willing to do what's required for the Phuket sandbox, if I can travel to Pattaya or Bangkok instead is just a plus.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

Just wait till the rules are published and the uncertainly has passed. There is too much risk, and really little need to be rushing to get back into Thailand on November 1st. How can you make plans for something you don't know yet? I'm going to sit November out and try for after Christmas. At the very least it's going to take a month for them to work out the kinks. I'm already willing to do what's required for the Phuket sandbox, if I can travel to Pattaya or Bangkok instead is just a plus.  

Wow someone with a rationale thought process and some perspective

That is not allowed Edward   :)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ace035 said:

I will wait between Feb 2022 through May 2022. 

I was fully vaccinated in May 2021, which means if they do relax a bit their entry rules, my vaccination will no longer be valid.

So I will need to renew my vaccine, and I am not sure it will be an easy thing.

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

With the rocketing figures coming through in the UK I think the UK free pass will be withdrawn within the week ! So all bets will be off anyway !

No I really don’t think so. Maybe next week 😉.

They are high becasue of the incredibly high level of testing. This includes all of the ATK logged and PCR tests. Typically they do 800,000 to 1,000,000 tests per DAY! By contrast, Thailand is doing 35,000-40,000 (1/20th) per DAY. I wonder how many positive cases Thailand would find in a similar sized population doing the same number of tests as the U.K.? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

No I really don’t think so. Maybe next week 😉.

They are high becasue of the incredibly high level of testing. This includes all of the ATK logged and PCR tests. Typically they do 800,000 to 1,000,000 tests per DAY! By contrast, Thailand is doing 35,000-40,000 (1/20th) per DAY. I wonder how many positive cases Thailand would find in a similar sized population doing the same number of tests as the U.K.? 

That may well be true SD - but countries will look at the graphs - and right not for infections/hospitalisations and deaths its looking grim again in the UK. The clamour for a return to lockdown is getting louder with every news bulletin. One country has jumped already, I fully expect more to follow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

That may well be true SD - but countries will look at the graphs - and right not for infections/hospitalisations and deaths its looking grim again in the UK. The clamour for a return to lockdown is getting louder with every news bulletin. One country has jumped already, I fully expect more to follow

I just don’t understand the U.K. government in this. There has just been a cross party parliamentary report come out a week or so back, explaining that one of the major mistakes back in March 2020 was not locking down quick enough. I dont think we need to lockdown, but what is wrong with mandating face masks in enclosed public spaces? Do something before it’s left too late again and they are forced to do everything they, and no one else wants. All this crap about  “encouraging” and “strongly suggesting”. Crazy 

• Like 4